Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Blunts vs. Papers
    #610071 - 02/21/12 12:45 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Pros and Cons of each?  Feel free to add to the list!

Blunts:

Pros:
-Easier to roll
-Slower burning
-Better for more people
-Readily available
-Much better at staying lit
-OG Status
-and....?

Cons:
-Harsher
-Tar from Tobacco leaves not good for health
-Expensive (upwards of $2.50 USD in some parts nowadays)
-Messy to roll with
-Flavors are extra harsh
-Dripping tar out mouthpiece
-Smells way more
-Chance of getting old dry, useless cigar
-Gross as hell watching some people slobber all over the leaves
-and.....?

Rolling Paper:

Pros:
-MUCH healthier
-choice to get organic hemp/rice papers (smoking weed with weed)
-quick to roll
-comes in variety of sizes for personal to group sittings
-MUCH cheaper (bought a case of 50 RAW kingsize papers last june and it's still lasting (1700 papers would be over $3500 on dutches!!)
-Less smell, only bud smell
-Readily available, no daily trips to gas stations
-Option of rolling machine can roll a joint ready to be smoked in under a minute
-Takes less bud to fill, conserving stash
-Easy to carry on the go, wont crush and become useless in pocket like a cigar.
-and...?

Cons:
-Burn faster
-Harder to roll for beginners
-Can go out more frequently with dank sticky nug
-High doesn't last as long
-No residual effects of the tobacco leaves (gives you a slightly different high in comparison)
-and...?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Blunts vs. Papers [Re: bm90191]
    #610077 - 02/21/12 01:22 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i enjoy smoking joints a lot more, but they burn fast and use up all my bud. SO i save em for occasion. If i could though, i'd smoke joints 24/7.

Blunts are nice, and i crave em every once in a while. They are fun to roll though. I usually get the peach swishers, or white owl white grape. for some reason blunts get me really fucked up.

--------------------

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: Blunts vs. Papers [Re: iStoner]
    #610079 - 02/21/12 01:33 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
i enjoy smoking joints a lot more, but they burn fast and use up all my bud. SO i save em for occasion. If i could though, i'd smoke joints 24/7.

Blunts are nice, and i crave em every once in a while. They are fun to roll though. I usually get the peach swishers, or white owl white grape. for some reason blunts get me really fucked up.

IMO if your gonna smoke blunts go for the dutch master palmas the blue wrapper ones, they have no artificial flavoring in them and have an ultra thin leave.  I only smoke those but honestly, these dudes on the basketball team at my school turned me onto papers, once I started smoking papers I saw my physical endurance skyrocket, no more wheezing when I run lol.  The flavor is the worst part i think when you think about it you are taking a cigar (which is meant to be puffed on for taste not inhaled) then you use the leaves and paper on it to suck that smoke DEEP into your lungs (try sucking a cig as deep as a puff of bud and you'll see what I mean lol) to me just seems completely unhealthy.
But when there's 5 heads on one smoke sesh, blunts will definitely ensure everyone gets high especially if people don't know how to hit j's they end up sucking half the j in one puff, stoner foul!!!

And like my man Wiz Khalifa says "errrrrybody smokin papers, nobody smoking blunts" lol

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

#610080 - 02/21/12 01:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
i enjoy smoking joints a lot more, but they burn fast and use up all my bud.

What papers do you use?  The RAW and Element King Size papers have outlasted blunts before.  It is how you roll them that makes the difference, the King Size Rolling Machine rolls them so perfect they burn slower than anything I've seen before but be careful with them if the buds to stick/fresh it'll clog up and not hit very well.

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
    #610086 - 02/21/12 02:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I like Zig Zag papers or Pure Hemp, pure hemp is a roll, so you can cut the paper as you like, can make huuuuuuuge joints

:awehigh:

I never rolled with a blunt paper... My friends always did it instead

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Blunts vs. Papers [Re: Manitou]
    #610087 - 02/21/12 02:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I smoke zig zag papers when I use papers.

zig zag wraps if I'm using blunt wraps. used to buy purple thunder but I switched to vanilla recently.

white owl white grape or strawberry phillies. usually owls.

I like the wraps myself. I can make them burn soooooo slow. and so even. Idk. its just my personal preferance.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
Re: Blunts vs. Papers [Re: RasJeph]
    #610113 - 02/21/12 04:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I use swisher rillos or royal blunt wraps or true blunt wraps.

swishers are 2 for 99cent here and the wraps are 79 cent for the single and 1.19 for the double packs..

I don't know were yo are that they cost 2.50 lol

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: Blunts vs. Papers [Re: Miscusi]
    #610115 - 02/21/12 04:54 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

we only smoke the big dutch masters or games, with ridiculous sales they are jacked up to 2.50$ at home in New England, same thing with all tobacco products I am an avid dipper and cans of dip are 5$ but when I'm down south at school they're 1.19$ for the same brand...crazy how much some states can tax shit

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#610116 - 02/21/12 04:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

depends on whats more convenient to roll at the time

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: Blunts vs. Papers [Re: King Koopa]
    #610119 - 02/21/12 05:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Be a great experiment to salvage human lungs from an organ donor and study the various methods of inhaling bud and seeing how that affects the lungs

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #610126 - 02/21/12 05:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

wraps are.2 for 89 cents hereeeeee. so cheap.

a pack of decent smokes is over 10 dollars tho. good thing I don't do that.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Blunts vs. Papers [Re: RasJeph]
    #610127 - 02/21/12 05:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i know the owner of the hookah a couple minutes from my house, he always gives me free blunt wraps, i dont see why people talk shit about em. They seem good to me. Just harsh sometimes.

--------------------

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #610130 - 02/21/12 06:09 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
i know the owner of the hookah a couple minutes from my house, he always gives me free blunt wraps, i dont see why people talk shit about em. They seem good to me. Just harsh sometimes.

I find wraps to be smoover, but I have smoked soo many blunts that they dont even hurt my throat or choke me any more... :shrug:

Its smooth and enjoyable all the way for me. This is also the reason i smoke 3-4 gs a day. 50-70$ worth of bud (If Im buying and not supplying)

OOn average I spend 700-800 a month on bud.. Thats why I live simply, I Cant afford extravagant things, just bud  LOL.

I sell a script every month so it don't really effect my finaces much. Basicly Sell/trade off my pain meds(  :oc80mg:  ), for real medicine... Cannabis!

Edited by Miscusi (02/21/12 06:11 PM)

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

#610132 - 02/21/12 06:33 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I find harshness to be more associated with the bud itself than what I'm smoking it with.  I can definitely tell when nug came from someone who harvested to early and failed to flush with water for the last two weeks of flowering definitely super harsh and not because its that dank.  I don't even know what some people do to their nugs but I have come across bud that smells really weird and not like dank bud, like they tried to spray it with something and call it grape this, strawberry that or lemon whatever.

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #610137 - 02/21/12 07:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bm90191 said:
I don't even know what some people do to their nugs but I have come across bud that smells really weird and not like dank bud, like they tried to spray it with something and call it grape this, strawberry that or lemon whatever.

I know this all too well..

Certain type of people around me do this, and call it grape ape and charge 30$/gram  like.. wtf is wrong with yall.. lol

--------------------

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

#610139 - 02/21/12 07:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

lmfao 30$ a gram!?!?! thats BLOW prices right there lol.  I think 20 a g is even outrageous it's way better to buy in bulk, luckily I'm tight with a lot of medicinal growers so theres always good quality homegrown available..I have seen people f up tho I don't know if anyone ever had any experience like this with a home grow but my boy grew a plant that had super nice nugs, semlled dank as shit but we smoked so much and just did not get high...i called him out and said this has to be from a hermed plant but he denied it maybe too embaressed to admit but oh well

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #610141 - 02/21/12 08:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bm90191 said:
lmfao 30$ a gram!?!?! thats BLOW prices right there lol.  I think 20 a g is even outrageous it's way better to buy in bulk, luckily I'm tight with a lot of medicinal growers so theres always good quality homegrown available..I have seen people f up tho I don't know if anyone ever had any experience like this with a home grow but my boy grew a plant that had super nice nugs, semlled dank as shit but we smoked so much and just did not get high...i called him out and said this has to be from a hermed plant but he denied it maybe too embaressed to admit but oh well

were you live !?@ 

blow is 60-70 a g here..
Florida is the place you come for expensive drugs.. lol

--------------------

Nanook said:

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#610144 - 02/21/12 09:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

damn where do you live? it's 40-50 for a gram of decent blow here.

--------------------

InvisibleNanook
I CANT SEE
Male

Loc: The Frozen Tundra Flag
    #610148 - 02/21/12 10:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hermie plants can be very potent. Just maybe full of seeds... If your friend grew some bagseed, he may have just gotten a non-psychoactive strain, most likely from some wild hemp pollen.

I mostly smoke Zig-Zag whites(the ultra thins are nice, but are also strangely tough, not sure what to make of them), don't like the oranges much, too thick. I also like Elements or most any rice paper, but Club Modianos (no gum) are my favorite.

I agree with most of your points, however I have to disagree with most of your cons for joints.

Quote:

bm90191 said:
Cons:
-Burn faster

Not if you grind your weed and roll it tighter.

Quote:

-Can go out more frequently with dank sticky nug

A function of improperly flushed or dried buds, I think. That or not ground enough.

Quote:

-High doesn't last as long

What!? If I roll a 1g blunt (not that big, I know) and a 1g joint (kinda big for most), the high will last the same amount of time when smoked if all other factors are consistent (strain, person, time taken to smoke).

Quote:

-No residual effects of the tobacco leaves (gives you a slightly different high in comparison)
-and...?

I wouldn't call that a con, as mixing your weed with DMT will give you a ( :trippinbawelz: ) slightly different high in comparison :P

Also, you can catch and maintain a nicotine addiction from smoking blunts regularly.

Therefore, good papers are by far the superior smoking wrap.

Edited by Nanook (02/21/12 10:16 PM)

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: Blunts vs. Papers [Re: Nanook]
    #610157 - 02/21/12 11:36 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

nah hes a medicinal grower I know he got his strains from a seedbank not sure which one, the only possible explanation is either it was from a full blown hermie or (i doubt he'd do this to me but i smoked his buds with someone else who got them) ran some of those nugs to make oil butane extraction can still leave bud looking fairly normal and i didn't look very closely we were in the car i don't know though it just didn't make sense it definitely smelled better than ran weed who knows

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies