Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTheNewGuy
DIY Bee Line/ Ital Hemp Lighter - a low cost organic ignition source
    #283308 - 09/20/09 01:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

DIY Bee Line/Ital Hemp Lighter, a hemp cord coated in beeswax for a more organic ignition source. Here's a simple method on how to make your own.

Supplies

1 Beeswax Candle

1 ball of 48Lb. hemp cord, I went with the 400 Foot ball

The How To:

First I light the 100% beeswax candle.

Get a nice pool of wax built up in the candle.
(I once heard that a candle should be burnt for 1 hour for each inch in diameter that the candle is. Depending on the size of your candle, it might take a little longer for the wax to pool) this took close to an hour for me but I only have big candles at the moment.

Take how ever many feet of of line you want to make & cut it off. I like to Untwist a small section to dip (usually ends up being 3-6 inches).You don't have to untwist it but I feel it absorbs better into the hemp when untwisted, so that's what I do. If you decide to just dip the cord as is, you should rub the excess wax into the cord while wiping it off.

Start feeding the cord into the pool of wax.

When coated, twist the hemp line back together while wiping off any excess with your fingers.

Then smooth out the line so it is round again.

Repeat until the length you have selected to dip, is completed

This gets a little messy. There is always excess wax on your fingers, so a sheet of news paper or something that will collect the wax you rub off your fingers is a good idea.

Allow to cool & wrap it up around a plastic card or a piece of cardboard. I chose to use an old gift card that I made 3 or 4 cuts in.

The cuts are simply to hold the line in place both while using & on the card.

Now you light the wick with a lighter, candle, stove, or some form of fire power & toke away.

Make sure to extinguish after use!!!
These things really hold a cherry so make sure it is totally out so you don't burn something.

Closing Thoughts
It surprisingly does taste better than when using a lighter. This is pure speculation but, I think this thing works because hemp alone burns like $H!T. Since the hemp doesn't burn very well on it's own, I think that's why beeswax is added... to fuel the flame. I think the result of combining these two organic products (the word organic appeals to a pretty big crowd these dayz), causes the flame to burn @ a lower temperature than the lighter's flame does. One last note... it is kinda funny that essentially the idea is lighting weed with weed.

lately i haven't been untwisting the cord & just dipping. then after wards i have been using a propane torch to remove excess wax from the line & to help cook it into the line.

untwisted line ran threw the hot wax before cleaning (notice how unevenly dipped it is)

the reason you can't use this right now is because when you light it... any spot on the wick that is over dipped, will start dripping wax onto what you are trying to light.

the tools - paper plate & propane torch

As Small of A Flame as Possible

Simply heat the line & keep it moving to prevent it from catching on fire. i like to work with about 12"-16" at a time

notice... the wax will start to boil & absorb into the hemp right before combustion. a good technique & a smooth rhythm will prevent combustion.

if the wax starts to bead up too much on the line... simply wipe it along the edge of the plate & continue.

the line comes out very clean & smooth

--------------------
TheNewGuy on the bay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: DIY Bee Line/ Ital Hemp Lighter - a low cost organic ignition source [Re: TheNewGuy]
    #283590 - 09/20/09 10:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

seems like alot of work for something that costs like $2 but I guess if you dont have access or just live your life DIY style this method is for you :smile:

I might try it but I just dont want to spend $5 on a candle :mushroom2:

Nice Pics BTW :smile:

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: DIY Bee Line/ Ital Hemp Lighter - a low cost organic ignition source [Re: TheNewGuy]
    #283762 - 09/21/09 02:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Cool idea but as far as organics making better tasting weed and better food and crap is pretty much pure bullshit.

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/262585#262585

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinesubject
eat the sun

Re: DIY Bee Line/ Ital Hemp Lighter - a low cost organic ignition source [Re: Magash]
    #283789 - 09/21/09 07:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

that is way too complicated. If you want to smoke with a hemp wick just get a long peice of it out, dip just the tip, let the wax burn off a little bit and then take the hit.

Offlineazshroomer
Medical Marijuana Cultivator

Loc: Nor-Cal
Re: DIY Bee Line/ Ital Hemp Lighter - a low cost organic ignition source [Re: subject]
    #283974 - 09/21/09 04:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the effort man.
Looks like the easier way to do it is untwist, dip, twist.

--------------------
Check out my Grow The Growery teks!
:gethigh: Building Your Grow Room:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Cloner:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Veg System:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own True Grow Room:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Flower System (COMING SOON):gethigh:

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
Re: DIY Bee Line/ Ital Hemp Lighter - a low cost organic ignition source [Re: azshroomer]
    #291565 - 10/04/09 01:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I bought two packs of the marketed product today.  They work pretty great and you can definitely tell a difference  :bongload:

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #308321 - 11/02/09 03:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Wow i cant believe i missed this thread, very nice DIY.

I want to make some of my own in the future.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: DIY Bee Line/ Ital Hemp Lighter - a low cost organic ignition source [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #308322 - 11/02/09 03:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Wow i cant believe i missed this thread, very nice DIY.

I want to make some of my own in the future.

Agreed that looks sweet.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: DIY Bee Line/ Ital Hemp Lighter - a low cost organic ignition source [Re: Triptonic]
    #308358 - 11/02/09 05:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Seriously guys?
I mean, cool tek and all, but bee line is cheap as shit, and you don't have to do anything but order it and use it.
Here, I made it easy.<---There's MY diy tek.

I also think DANK is TheNewGuy's :puppet:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Edited by 81renaissance (11/02/09 05:45 PM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: DIY Bee Line/ Ital Hemp Lighter - a low cost organic ignition source [Re: 81renaissance]
    #308359 - 11/02/09 05:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Why would he make a puppet?

He was a good member and had no reason to pose as anyone else...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Re: DIY Bee Line/ Ital Hemp Lighter - a low cost organic ignition source [Re: Inverted]
    #308365 - 11/02/09 05:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe he wanted a new username but didn't want to pay for it.
He also disappeared at almost the same time that DANK showed up.
AND it seems suspicious that DANK randomly asks about a DIY tek for making BeeLine Wick...not something I think people randomly just wonder IMO.
Last thing: Note the title of this thread, then look at the title of this one.
How many people call lighting pot "ignition"?

Just a feeling I have, no big deal.
If DANK proves to be a good member then I say WELCOME, you're not thenewguy anymore :grin:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineDANK
VERB CONJUGATeR+HERB INHALATOR
Male User Gallery

Re: DIY Bee Line/ Ital Hemp Lighter - a low cost organic ignition source [Re: 81renaissance]
    #308370 - 11/02/09 05:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

???

OfflineDANK
Male User Gallery

#308373 - 11/02/09 05:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

look up ignition in the dictionary. It's a fairly common word. Sorry for my lack of conformity, maybe it would've been better if i called it, 'sparking up a bowl'? just tried to sound more official

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: DIY Bee Line/ Ital Hemp Lighter - a low cost organic ignition source [Re: DANK]
    #308374 - 11/02/09 05:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Don't mind them they haven't a clue.:rofl:

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Re: DIY Bee Line/ Ital Hemp Lighter - a low cost organic ignition source [Re: Stoneth]
    #308379 - 11/02/09 05:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:rofl2:

I'm just starting shit.
Wait until you find the dome.
I like that you chose just the last point to respond to.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

#308383 - 11/02/09 05:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

He's no puppet, this I can tell you.

I'm still trying to find out how old he is tho.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineDANK
Male User Gallery

#308387 - 11/02/09 05:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It only seems logical i would inquire about the methods used to ignite, and then i would inquire about a specific method after someone posted something about it..... right?

OfflineDANK
Male User Gallery

Re: DIY Bee Line/ Ital Hemp Lighter - a low cost organic ignition source [Re: DANK]
    #308389 - 11/02/09 05:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Haha everyone is worrying about someone else's business it seems like

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Re: DIY Bee Line/ Ital Hemp Lighter - a low cost organic ignition source [Re: Stoneth]
    #308391 - 11/02/09 05:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Would it be okay if I just started calling you thenewguy when I respond to your posts, thenewguy?

Quote:

stoney.69 said:
He's no puppet, this I can tell you.

I'm still trying to find out how old he is tho.

Careful Stoney, 14 year old puppets are the craftiest of all!

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#308392 - 11/02/09 05:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I say 17.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Re: DIY Bee Line/ Ital Hemp Lighter - a low cost organic ignition source [Re: Triptonic]
    #308394 - 11/02/09 05:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Just to clarify for our friend DANK/thenewguy:
Does a place called the dome exist on the growery?
and
If I so desired would I be capable of explaining the dome to a noob who hasn't been there?

I think he doubts me.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#308400 - 11/02/09 06:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yes the dome exists, and yes it would be easily discribed. Although I dont think dank will last long in there lol.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

#308412 - 11/02/09 06:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:rofldrunk:

What'll really drive him crazy now is when we don't tell him anything about it if he PM's us.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#308420 - 11/02/09 06:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

lol sounds good.

OfflineDANK
Male User Gallery

#308434 - 11/02/09 06:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I think what renn and trip really need is a good pat on the back, and a kind affirmation. That way rather than speculating and 'starting shit', as renn would put it, they can still feel good about themselves and still have high self-worth. Unfortunately this just isn't enough for some people and they will still feel the need to speculate and 'start shit'. Hopefully they can do this in person however, and not over the internet. That way after they 'start shit' with he wrong person. Maybe next time they will think before they act, and hopefully, if their tiny little brains realize what's good for them. They will just keep their traps shut.  :mypleasure:

And i think this about concludes our discussion in this thread. Thanks in advance for realizing your in the wrong and not replying.

R/
DANK

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#308435 - 11/02/09 06:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quit ruining other peoples threads joey.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

#308436 - 11/02/09 06:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Things are starting to get to heated here.

Keep the dome shit in the dome please.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #580240 - 08/22/11 09:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Opening this thread to say that I tried this today and it worked fine, except that I used the candle flame instead of a torch to smooth it out.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order