Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineConky
Stranger

Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada Flag
IR blocking paint/ barriers.
    #609573 - 02/16/12 12:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone have any experience in this? I know about Block IR, just a bit pricey.  I also know there are paints that do the same job, but Even with an extensive google search, no luck..

Hoping someone here could lead me in the right direction.  Thanks!

--------------------
"Today's getaway is brought to you by the letter F, for "fucked in the head", which you are, Ricky!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
Re: IR blocking paint/ barriers. [Re: Conky]
    #609743 - 02/18/12 05:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

So.. yea Im interested in this too, no answers huh? 

:bump2:

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: IR blocking paint/ barriers. [Re: Miscusi]
    #609748 - 02/18/12 06:03 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: IR blocking paint/ barriers. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #609749 - 02/18/12 06:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Sure it's pricey.  But what's money in compared to being busted.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: IR blocking paint/ barriers. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #610054 - 02/21/12 10:03 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I watched these videos by that Kop Buster dude and he was a former cop now setting up and busting corrupt cops, you guys should check it out its awesome!!  But he explained those IR blockers are pointless because the police FLIR can't see directly into your house they're not looking for heat signatures in the house they look for jets of hot air flowing out of places they shouldn't be (I.E. hot jet coming out of a window is not normal, hooking your exhaust up to a chimney or laundry vent is optimum) which you obviously can't see in plain sight but in a flir camera those heat jets are vivid and a sure sign something weird is going on.  That is the biggest thing to worry about not necessarily them looking into your house if your room is centered in the house or in a basement your fine ...like I said its the exhausting of your hot air that will screw you.

Edited by bm90191 (02/21/12 10:06 AM)

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: IR blocking paint/ barriers. [Re: bm90191]
    #610055 - 02/21/12 10:05 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Save the money and invest in a carbon scrubber if your on a budget your way more likely to get caught by smells than by FLIR cameras...unless you have a deep budget but most of us don't lol.  Just prioritize your safety measures and for me the carbon scrubber is definitely number 1, people who don't have them (and i've witnessed this) even with just a few plants of dankness you can smell it down the block no lie.

Offlinemcnastynasty
Columbus of the inner globe

Re: IR blocking paint/ barriers. [Re: bm90191]
    #612682 - 03/14/12 10:05 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

yep its the exhaust mainly, although if your room is much hotter than the rest of the house the flir will big that up on the windows/walls/roof.  run exhaust into the house to heat in winter if you have one, attic perhaps so it spreads evenly, chimney as said.

also home depot has that same stuff in the insulation section its quite a bit cheaper.  I like it because the coating is mylar so i use it to coat the walls for reflection purposes mainly. about same cost as mylar but much less hassle.

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: IR blocking paint/ barriers. [Re: mcnastynasty]
    #612690 - 03/14/12 12:38 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

criddopher said:
yep its the exhaust mainly, although if your room is much hotter than the rest of the house the flir will big that up on the windows/walls/roof.  run exhaust into the house to heat in winter if you have one, attic perhaps so it spreads evenly, chimney as said.

also home depot has that same stuff in the insulation section its quite a bit cheaper.  I like it because the coating is mylar so i use it to coat the walls for reflection purposes mainly. about same cost as mylar but much less hassle.

I imagine humidity buildup could be an issue unless you had a small grow

Offlinemcnastynasty
Columbus of the inner globe

Re: IR blocking paint/ barriers. [Re: kyuzo]
    #617364 - 04/10/12 01:13 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

yeah humidity could be a problem, mine vents out the chimney and i switch it to the heating vents in the winter, save on some heating costs.  It wasnt a problem in the winter, summer im sure it could be, then again, the ac would likely take care of it.

InvisibleAlounacara
Born to be banned....
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Spicemaster, Texas
Re: IR blocking paint/ barriers. [Re: mcnastynasty]
    #617793 - 04/12/12 08:32 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I live in a townhome and a dude 2 buildings down from me just got busted because he was venting 1000+ watts up thru his fireplace.
I dont know if the heat signature got him ripped off or if it was just because he was stupid.

He was selling xannys oxys and had a lot of traffic coming and going at all times of the night
I only bought some hydro and a few xannys from him but i warned him they had 3 cameras focused on the pool area that was scanning his front door.

I didnt snap at first until i came home after my one and only buy from him, i called him and told him about the cameras.
he told me i was just being paranoid:lol:
The dumbass was growing hydro and i even told him he could have my old scrubber but he declined.

He was a dumbass because you could smell reefer when you walked by his front door..:whack:

Ive grown high quality Kali Mist and several other Indicas but i was running my cheap as fuck e-bay scrubbers and you couldnt smell anything outside my grow closet.

i do worry about the heat signature that is pumping up thru my fireplace piping, i dont have any traffic so i dont really think the poo poo would fuck with me.

--------------------
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist office
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name..

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: IR blocking paint/ barriers. [Re: Alounacara]
    #617920 - 04/13/12 12:12 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Traffic is always a bust.
Add a grow site to it = dumbass.

Hope your site is safe.
Close calls always make the asshole pucker.
I've been through 2.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag