Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Colloidal Silver. Todays the day!
    #608052 - 02/02/12 12:54 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

So, FINALLY, months and months after buying my silver coins, I've decided to make the generator.

I finally have a decent mother and a clone I cut from her ready to feminize.

(my Ice x Grapefruit girl).

So, I've got it all down more or less. I'm going to get my distilled water in a few hours (as long as Rite Aid sells it anyway) and then I'll be making it tonight.

I've seen people saying they ran theirs for 12 hours, theirs for 24 hours, I've seen people saying like 3 days.

So, to the few of you who have experience doing this...how long (in your experience) at 9 volts does it take to get the solution to the recommended 30ppm? My ppm reader doesn't go that low, and I really don't want to buy a new one.

Does longer = higher concentration?

Do you bother switching the polarity of the silver every few hours like indicated in the ICmag thread?

Thanks...so stoked to get this going. If it works I'll be making a thread with pics for sure!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
Re: Colloidal Silver. Todays the day! [Re: A To The K]
    #608061 - 02/02/12 01:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Longer is higher concentration, also I use 50ppm and it works great. I been buying bio silver 8 0z bottles on amazon.

I am also doing a seed run on 1 of my double diesel ryder autos.

And when I hempy bucket some bubblegum's, the sexiest girl will be treated with CS to self pollinate.

Same with my C99 and Lemon Haze that's on the way :smile:

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

Edited by Miscusi (02/02/12 01:34 PM)

Offlinethe man

Re: Colloidal Silver. Todays the day! [Re: Miscusi]
    #608083 - 02/02/12 02:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

u should try to use purer silver then just coins. typically comes as a wire but im sure youll be ok.

the great question. how does truley distilled water pass a current??? da daaa. it cant. basically distilled water isnt ion free(need deionizzed water) so passes a light current so that the silver will react. so u could even add a bit of salt if u want to speed things up because its not really colloidal silver anyway. make a stronger "solution" that u can measure then could dilute it correctly if u really want the 30pmm. 

remember its hard on the plants. start slow, and a couple weeks before u start it flowering.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #608086 - 02/02/12 03:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Share with us as you go through the process.
This is going to be interresting.
I to shall be doing this before long.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Colloidal Silver. Todays the day! [Re: KaptKid]
    #608089 - 02/02/12 03:20 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah you should post pics and what not.  I'd love to see this process.  Sure I could look it up but I'd rather see you doing it!!

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Colloidal Silver. Todays the day! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #608096 - 02/02/12 03:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well, currently I'm just REALLY hoping a few more of my clones take. I built a little clone room, but it didn't get above 60 in there because its cold here.

I have one clone that took and started shooting out some roots. I have a few more that I've moved to my normal veg room which stays warmer, and I'm hoping those will root asap.

At the very least, I'll post pictures of the generator I build and the process of making the silver...then hopefully the actual process of spraying the clone.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #608102 - 02/02/12 04:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I was interest in the making of it the most.  Sounds interesting.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Generator design. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #608134 - 02/02/12 07:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

So, small update. I got the water, and designed the jar I'll be using.

According to the megathread at ICMag, "half a litre/15 ounces should be enough for 2 or so plants" so my pint jar should be plenty for this test.

Heres the AC adapter I'll be using. The megathread there says to use 9v, but I see people using a lot of different things, so I figure 12 will be OK.

Heres the way I wired the adapter through the jar lid. I tied it there to hold it in place and exposed about a half inch of wire, which will be run through the silver coins. I think I'll also tape the wires to each side of the jar to prevent them from touching and to ensure the wires don't go under the water.

Fortunately I had a jar lid with these 4 holes in it from a less cool hobby I had a few years ago :wink:

Heres the coins I'll be using. They're kinda small, so I hope it'll be OK...I'm going to be punching small holes through them, about the size of a hole from a thumb tack. I'm hoping hitting a nail through it will work. I'm not familiar with the hardness of silver...

I really wish I had known there was a commercially available CS mixture at a PPM that would work. Thanks a ton @Miscusi  for posting that!

I'll update tomorrow when I hammer the holes in them and start the generator. I think I'll run it for a few days to make sure I can get the ppm high enough! (edit: I guess CS can't really get above 60 ppm anyway, so a few days might be overkill. Reading more to determine the best length to run it.)

Edited by A To The K (02/02/12 07:39 PM)

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Generator design. [Re: A To The K]
    #608135 - 02/02/12 07:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

make sure only the coins touch the water and not your aligator clips or w.e u have clipped to the coin.

Dipped about 1/2 in is good.

( i know how to make it, but ive found paying 10$ + 5$ shipping for a 8 oz bottle is easier and no need for a ppm meter :P )

--------------------

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Edited by Miscusi (02/02/12 07:40 PM)

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Colloidal Silver. Todays the day! [Re: the man]
    #608136 - 02/02/12 07:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the man said:
u should try to use purer silver then just coins. typically comes as a wire but im sure youll be ok.

the great question. how does truley distilled water pass a current??? da daaa. it cant. basically distilled water isnt ion free(need deionizzed water) so passes a light current so that the silver will react. so u could even add a bit of salt if u want to speed things up because its not really colloidal silver anyway. make a stronger "solution" that u can measure then could dilute it correctly if u really want the 30pmm. 

remember its hard on the plants. start slow, and a couple weeks before u start it flowering.

My coins are .999 purity. I got them from ebay.

And also, heres this excerpt from another site:

Quote:

Never add anything to the water that will make the water conduct electricity better. Never add salt, sea salt, or Celtic sea salt to the distilled water because the salt puts chloride ions in the water that react with the silver to form silver chloride. Another serious problem arises when making colloidal silver with salt in the water. The presence of salt increases the electrical conductivity of the water and this dramatically speeds up the reaction. As the reaction speeds up under these circumstances, it produces larger particles. The product produced is invariably cloudy-white in appearance.

Last post before bed. Night guys!

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#608141 - 02/02/12 07:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

What exactly are you doing with these coins and electricity?

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Colloidal Silver. Todays the day! [Re: phrostbyte]
    #608143 - 02/02/12 08:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Making colloidal silver

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: Colloidal Silver. Todays the day! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #608147 - 02/02/12 08:16 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I always thought silver wire was the preferred source for silver when making CS?

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Colloidal Silver. Todays the day! [Re: kyuzo]
    #608148 - 02/02/12 08:23 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kyuzo said:
I always thought silver wire was the preferred source for silver when making CS?

Nope, any 999 pure will work, bars, coins, wire. any pure silver, Pure silver is pure silver.

--------------------

Nanook said:

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#608151 - 02/02/12 08:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Miscusi said:
Quote:

kyuzo said:

Nope, any 999 pure will work, bars, coins, wire. any pure silver, Pure silver is pure silver.

I understand that.  I'm speaking from the perspective of "ease of use"

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Colloidal Silver. Todays the day! [Re: kyuzo]
    #608156 - 02/02/12 08:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kyuzo said:
Quote:

Miscusi said:
Quote:

kyuzo said:

I understand that.  I'm speaking from the perspective of "ease of use"

Oh sorry, mis understood you :stoned:  Yea wire is easiest do to you just wrap it tight around your clips or directly with the copper wire leads.

--------------------

Nanook said:

Offlinethe man

#608170 - 02/02/12 11:19 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

well its like this. there is some salt in the water other wise it wont react. it does not create colloidal silver, thats a myth. there is more salts then table salt :smile: alot of what u posted from another site is false chem wise.  anyway no matter doesnt take long either way. And the stuff works regardless of why or what it is.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Colloidal Silver. Todays the day! [Re: the man]
    #608471 - 02/05/12 04:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I just turned off the generator. I didn't notice any distortion to the silver like you're supposed to see, nor did the color of the water change at all. My TDS meter won't read that low, so I'm not sure if it worked or not.

Since I really just want my CS experiment for fem seeds to work guaranteed, (well, at least for the CS to be a high enough ppm) I'll just be purchasing that bottle on Amazon.

I'd be willing to bottle up this solution and send it to someone (trade or otherwise) to someone who has the proper instruments to check this out, or the patience/time/clones to spray as an experiment with this stuff.

Also willing to sell the coins for like $5 if anyone is interested in those. Or, again, a trade.

Now that I know its commercially available, this game of chance isn't worth my time imo.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #608475 - 02/05/12 04:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

:feelsbadman:

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #608477 - 02/05/12 04:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

A To The K said:
I just turned off the generator. I didn't notice any distortion to the silver like you're supposed to see, nor did the color of the water change at all. My TDS meter won't read that low, so I'm not sure if it worked or not.

Since I really just want my CS experiment for fem seeds to work guaranteed, (well, at least for the CS to be a high enough ppm) I'll just be purchasing that bottle on Amazon.

I'd be willing to bottle up this solution and send it to someone (trade or otherwise) to someone who has the proper instruments to check this out, or the patience/time/clones to spray as an experiment with this stuff.

Also willing to sell the coins for like $5 if anyone is interested in those. Or, again, a trade.

Now that I know its commercially available, this game of chance isn't worth my time imo.

:pm: me bro, I got a meter.

Also if you want I'll split my new 8 oz bottle of 50ppm with ya, Just hit me back on what we talked about! 

:laugh:

--------------------

Nanook said:

Edited by Miscusi (02/05/12 04:49 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale