Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: just starting to build room! [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #607483 - 01/30/12 03:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
I started out with ten plants seven are still alive they should produce enough for me? should i still make it smaller?

Seven plants, would fit nicely in a 3x3x6 tent.
Panda film is cheap.
An a 400 would most likely grow more than enough for you.
Then you could get away with a 4 inch fan/filter.
A set up like that is much easier to keep cool.

Later with more experience under your belt, you could upgrade to something along these lines, or bigger if you feel the need.
A 600 watt with 6 inch fan/filter would turn some insane yields, but controlling temps can be a bitch at times.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: just starting to build room! [Re: Stoneth]
    #607486 - 01/30/12 03:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You need to choose your favorite of those three and kill the other two or at least attempt to transplant. I know it's going to be hard to choose, but those three will NOT all survive to harvest that close together and if even just two of them survive they'll both be competing with each other and definitely harm your overall yield.

Quote:

Miscusi said:

Oh and if you go with HPS light id get a Cool tube and run a intake line threw that and out. That light is going to be your heat factor. you also want ventilation for fresh air intake.

Cool tubes are the worst.  Just buy a standard sealed reflector and you'll get twice as much light efficiency for your plants and only a very slight decrease in your cooling power.

Also, if he's running a 6" or even a 4" vortex in a 3' x 3' tent then he can definitely save his money and just use passive intake. All tents will have flaps at the bottom you can open and they will more than do the trick for fresh air.

Quote:

Stoneth said:
An exhaust would go filter in room duct to hood/tube duct to fan.

The most efficient way (in terms of minimizing chances of odor leaks) is Filter --> Fan --> Ducting --> Reflector --> Ducting outside.  This way if there are any leaks it ends up blowing filtered air back INTO the room due to the positive pressure in the ducting. With your setup it'll be pulling unfiltered air from the room into the ducting before being exhausted outside because you're pulling negative pressure in the duct.

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: just starting to build room! [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #607490 - 01/30/12 04:02 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

Stoneth said:
An exhaust would go filter in room duct to hood/tube duct to fan.

The most efficient way (in terms of minimizing chances of odor leaks) is Filter --> Fan --> Ducting --> Reflector --> Ducting outside.  This way if there are any leaks it ends up blowing filtered air back INTO the room due to the positive pressure in the ducting. With your setup it'll be pulling unfiltered air from the room into the ducting before being exhausted outside because you're pulling negative pressure in the duct.

Interesting, I've read that before, but always done it that way.
I believe I modeled my room off of Coda's.
I'd love to test it out, but I can't.
My fan and filter together is 37inches without duct, my room is only 36 inches by 22 inches.
I'm running 600 watts and 6 inch fan/filter with no issues, heat smell, etc...
Thanks for the info tho.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#607500 - 01/30/12 05:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

how can i get them apart without killing them?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: just starting to build room! [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #607509 - 01/30/12 07:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not sure you can :shrug:

In your post you said you just transplanted. Does that mean they were separate and you just put them together like that? If so then it should be easy. If they grew like that from seed then I'm not so optimistic....

--------------------

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
    #607511 - 01/30/12 07:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
I'm not sure you can :shrug:

In your post you said you just transplanted. Does that mean they were separate and you just put them together like that? If so then it should be easy. If they grew like that from seed then I'm not so optimistic....

Yea its very difficult to separate them once they've grown that close from seed, roots entangled quick.

I had 5 bag seeds i had started by throwing a handful of seed in the yard and by the time i noticed the sprouts and tried to remove them it was fail,  2 out of the 5 survived because i majorly damaged the roots on the other 3 just trying to get two intact and separate.

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

Offlinemrsippycups
(>^.(>0.o)>

Re: just starting to build room! [Re: Miscusi]
    #607512 - 01/30/12 07:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:

are your walls covered in those window shades for cars 0.o  ?

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: just starting to build room! [Re: mrsippycups]
    #607517 - 01/30/12 07:53 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mrsippycups said:
Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:

I believe so.. lol

--------------------

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Offlinemrsippycups
(>^.(>0.o)>

#607519 - 01/30/12 07:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Miscusi said:
Quote:

mrsippycups said:
Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:

I believe so.. lol

huh, all that is shinny doesn't reflect light reflect light efficiently. I wonder how well these work. I guess in a thought experiment your just reperising them while keeping them doing what they where desinged for (if that makes seince) but wouldn't a gallon of paint be easier/cheaper. unless of course you need something you could take down in a hurry leaving no evidence.

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #607520 - 01/30/12 08:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mrsippycups said:
Quote:

Miscusi said:
Quote:

mrsippycups said:
Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:

I believe so.. lol

huh, all that is shinny doesn't reflect light reflect light efficiently. I wonder how well these work. I guess in a thought experiment your just reperising them while keeping them doing what they where desinged for (if that makes seince) but wouldn't a gallon of paint be easier/cheaper. unless of course you need something you could take down in a hurry leaving no evidence.

Yea flat white paint has a 60-70% reflectivity. as where that shit... doesn't reflect much of anything and what light it does reflect is all over the place.

--------------------

Nanook said:

Offlinemrsippycups
(>^.(>0.o)>

#607522 - 01/30/12 08:29 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Miscusi said:
Quote:

mrsippycups said:
Quote:

Miscusi said:
Quote:

mrsippycups said:

I believe so.. lol

Yea flat white paint has a 60-70% reflectivity. as where that shit... doesn't reflect much of anything and what light it does reflect is all over the place.

Just noticed that the plantes where planted in:
a lunch pack of pringles
a 1-3 gallon pot
and probly a hanging pot from somebodes porch?

wow.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #607530 - 01/30/12 09:01 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Miscusi said:

Actually shiny DOES mean it's reflecting light. That's literally the text book definition of something being shiny.  Things that aren't shiny can still reflect (ie, flat white paint actually has a reflectivity efficiency of >90%) but basically all that is silver will reflect a vast majority of the light. 

Additionally, the scattered reflection is ideal and preferred. Granted you'll get a much better (read; even) diffusion from matte white than from a specular silver like that, but it's better than nothing.

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#607532 - 01/30/12 09:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

thats crazy you new they were in the pringles  they worked good. have kids. I  had some old pots laying around.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#607535 - 01/30/12 09:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

thats what they told me at the store today that would work for this project.

Offlinemrsippycups
(>^.(>0.o)>

#607542 - 01/30/12 09:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

Miscusi said:

Actually shiny DOES mean it's reflecting light. That's literally the text book definition of something being shiny.  Things that aren't shiny can still reflect (ie, flat white paint actually has a reflectivity efficiency of >90%) but basically all that is silver will reflect a vast majority of the light. 

Additionally, the scattered reflection is ideal and preferred. Granted you'll get a much better (read; even) diffusion from matte white than from a specular silver like that, but it's better than nothing.

every thing reflects light. that how we see the fucker. Infact the only  thing that doesn't reflect light is a black hole and guess what, we can't SEE it. Now efficiency is the key here all I stated in the quote you high son of a bitch.

why do people feel the need to try and find errors in other peoples statements like its achivment points or some shit. (yes irony and hipochismy all around)

and i finished reading your post and feel like an ass. but oh well.

and yes something is better then nothing

Edited by mrsippycups (01/30/12 09:43 PM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #607551 - 01/30/12 10:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Calm down homie.  It's not an achievement to correct people, but as a MODERATOR (you may have noticed that) it's my JOB to make sure that we're presenting information with the highest level of accuracy possible.

--------------------

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #607565 - 01/30/12 11:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

YES it is better than nothing, but would you not agree white paint would be better?  You can read all my post, I don't post on any matter I don't know and I don't give false info. I hope thats not how I came across. 

Just trying to help, was not trying to mislead or troll the guy.

--------------------

Nanook said:

Edited by Miscusi (01/31/12 12:13 AM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #607568 - 01/30/12 11:29 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

:nonono:

--------------------

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #607569 - 01/30/12 11:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
:nonono:

:sad:

--------------------

Nanook said:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#607595 - 01/31/12 06:17 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The maim reason for me coming to this site is to learn. Everyone has to start some were.Im grateful for the help that I already received. And i hope you guys continue too help if needed ( and you know I will!)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates