Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEnoch
Botanist in Training
Male

What are some good nutes for vegging in soil?
    #584796 - 09/09/11 01:11 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I bought a big bag of miracle grow potting mix. The bag says it feeds for six months but after the first month it is recommended to start feeding with Miracle Grow's all purpose plant food.

What do you guys think? When should I start feeding? What's a good fertilizer for vegetative? What's a good fertilizer for flowering? I am looking for something inexpensive yet affective.

--------------------
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineiluvtrichomes
Male

Loc: US
Re: What are some good nutes for vegging in soil? [Re: Enoch]
    #584880 - 09/09/11 07:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I wouldn't use miracle grow potting mix. It might run too hot and give you nutes which are not necessarily needed and aeration might not be as good as your girls want, but if you must I would probably add perlite to the mix. If you use the mix you probably wont need to fertilize until sometime during flowering. good fertilizers for veg have more nitrogen than phosphorus and potash such as fish emulsion (5-1-1) and bat guano (veg). good flowering ferts are higher in phosphorus and potash with very little nitrogen, bat guano (bloom) and fox farm Big Bloom is always popular and does a great job.

Offlineiluvtrichomes
Male

Re: What are some good nutes for vegging in soil? [Re: iluvtrichomes]
    #584887 - 09/09/11 07:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

also Tiger Bloom goes good with the big bloom. PH may need to be checked frequently using these ferts. Remember be skimpy on the nutes too. I may give 1/4 or 1/2 doses to my plants although i may fertilize more frequently.

OfflineEnoch
Botanist in Training
Male

#584897 - 09/09/11 08:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the info. I have seen other people talking about Fox Farms nutes. I will look into that. I really want to know if I need any nutes for the vegetative.

--------------------
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it."

Offlineiluvtrichomes
Male

#584907 - 09/09/11 08:20 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah idk if your gonna need to fertilize during veg. I have never tried to grow in MG mix. From successful grows in MG i've heard they used very little ferts. just make sure you use good water (good Total dissolved solid count, PH, and Hardness) Where i live I have to doctor up my water quite a bit. I'd just water them regularly and wait until i see a deficiency.

OfflineEnoch
Botanist in Training
Male

#584910 - 09/09/11 08:23 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

iluvtrichomes said:
I'd just water them regularly and wait until i see a deficiency.

Cool, sounds like a plan

--------------------

Offlinealjeezzy
killa
 User Gallery

Loc: east 10
    #591119 - 10/08/11 12:31 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

time release fertilizers in mg soil are for transplanting. soil for seeds shouldn't have any nutrients. find seed starter soil, jiffy mix brand has a ph of 7 and is pourable. jiffy pellets are made of peatmoss with a ph of 6 that come in bags. see if your store has mycorizzal products too

Offlinesidewayz
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What are some good nutes for vegging in soil? [Re: aljeezzy]
    #594136 - 10/25/11 05:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hey im growing in miracle grow poting mix and im been seeing a nute def for sure not sure wat it is but i aint likin it bout a month or so you might see it too and checked my ph it reads 5.9

Offlinemarywanna420
Stranger

#603842 - 01/04/12 01:02 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

dont fertilizer in the first two weeks your soil should be good, use earth juice grow, then earth juice bloom, dont forget to flush mothafuckaaaa

Offlinemarywanna420
Stranger

Re: What are some good nutes for vegging in soil? [Re: sidewayz]
    #603845 - 01/04/12 01:04 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

plus lemon for ph up baking soda for ph down, get it to like 6.3 ish, if your using hydro dont use lemon, fucks shit up

OfflineThePoohBearScare
Stranger

#603865 - 01/04/12 06:22 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Enoch said:
I bought a big bag of miracle grow potting mix. The bag says it feeds for six months but after the first month it is recommended to start feeding with Miracle Grow's all purpose plant food.

What do you guys think? When should I start feeding? What's a good fertilizer for vegetative? What's a good fertilizer for flowering? I am looking for something inexpensive yet affective.

I think a great starting place for you would be something like THIS KIT - have had great success in the past, good for a few grows depending on how many plants/size

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom