Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: short ryder 1000 watt grow [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #602803 - 12/25/11 02:11 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
No signs of sex yet. Which I think is mostly due to my carelessness. I hadn't hooked up my tri meter and kinda just said fuck it with the  ph of my water. Now I'm paying for it. Dealing with some ph issues.  They've still continued to grow quite ncely, but some of the leaves are curling / canoeing downward. I've been to lazy to flush, but tomorrow it's gotta happen. I'm pretty sure this ph imbalance has slowed them from showing sex.  Here's a few pics.

I don't grow soil,  but to me those plants just look really over watered to me.  Doesn't really look like much else is a the problem.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe man

Re: short ryder 1000 watt grow [Re: phrostbyte]
    #602819 - 12/25/11 04:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

are u sure no pr flowers even at the nodes?  for autos those are def big enough to be gettin at LEAST pres

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: short ryder 1000 watt grow [Re: the man]
    #602829 - 12/25/11 06:31 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I know right? I'm a little surprised/disappointed. I'm fairly certain of one male, but that's all so far. I remember reading somewhere that Nirvana had some issues with autos not flowering period or growing huge before they do. I'm hoping things will fall into place for me by the end of this week.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#603354 - 12/30/11 05:49 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Lil update. Ripped out 3 males. Although I think I've really fucked myself this grow. I spaced it on adding perlite and lime to my promix.  When I flushed the other day water barely drained outta the buckets....So now I'm also dealing with some very over watered plants.  i'd REALLY like to mix some fresh soil and transplant, but I'm not sure how devistating it would be.

I could use some sound advice right about now. My lights turn on in a little over an hr so I'll load a pic or two later on.

I'm gonna post up some pics of my other ladies in the veg closet.  Got some issues with my afgan haze 33 and og kush.  New growth on the two is coming out very small...fan leaves appear skinny  and the leaves are slightly clawed and folding down.  I'm 99.99 % sure this is directly related to the ph of my medium.

OG Kush

Afgan Haze 33

Afgan Haze 33

NY Purple Diesel

L.A. Confidential

Group shot of the autos

Still not as healthy as they should be.

Edited by Farmer Joe (12/31/11 06:18 AM)

OfflineAdrenal
Stranger
 User Gallery

#603501 - 01/01/12 04:27 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

the leaves are very dark, you should go easier on nitrogen (N)

Edited by Adrenal (01/01/12 04:29 AM)

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Re: short ryder 1000 watt grow [Re: Adrenal]
    #603504 - 01/01/12 06:56 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

They've only received two light feedings in their 5 weeks.  I agree tho they are dark. I'm transplanting today into 7 gal square pots.  Pics to come later on.

--------------------

OfflineAdrenal
Stranger
 User Gallery

#603505 - 01/01/12 07:07 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

maybe the soil mix has lots of nitrogen in it.....it`s clear to me that you have nitrogen toxicity.....the wilting can come from that to, and also the leaves should feel brittle not soft
if those are the simptoms be shure that you are somehow overfeeding them with nitrogen

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Re: short ryder 1000 watt grow [Re: Adrenal]
    #603552 - 01/01/12 04:57 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Soil is just promix. So nothing in the in the soil.

I'm hoping the leaf curling is due to the ph of the soil. Transplanted tonite into 7 gal square pots. I tested the ph of the medium before I transplanted...so at least I can be sure the ph of the soil will no longer be a factor. 

I was surprised how easily they popped out of the buckets. 

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #603567 - 01/01/12 06:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Good look'in root system.

:popcorn:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Re: short ryder 1000 watt grow [Re: KaptKid]
    #603711 - 01/02/12 08:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks kapt!

Snapped a few pics.

--------------------

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
    #603755 - 01/03/12 10:34 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Those autos look like they are doing better now. Great work, keep us posted!

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Re: short ryder 1000 watt grow [Re: Miscusi]
    #603787 - 01/03/12 05:05 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks man!

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #603921 - 01/04/12 06:41 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:

:rofl2:

Got that same humidity dome.

At the momet, I'm stoned.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Re: short ryder 1000 watt grow [Re: KaptKid]
    #603941 - 01/04/12 09:01 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'd have to say we both have good taste :vaped:

My beans pop suuuuper quick in that dome with a heat mat. I love that thing.

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#604729 - 01/10/12 03:32 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for droppin in Virtusvelox and welcome to the growery!

This isn't nearly the end for this grow log. As it turns out I am one of the un-lucky ones that got a batch of shortryders with unstable phenos. They are creepin towards week 7 and still haven't begun to flower. So this weekend the lights wil dropped down to 12/12.

The veg room is moving. The closet just isn't wide enough for me to get these girls as big as i'd like. I lst'd everything in the closet. I'll snap some pics tonite.

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #604751 - 01/10/12 06:57 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DrG said:
why just six ladies,how bout nine:-)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
State regulations. I can only flower 6 plants per patient. I will have to have one more good harvest before I pick up another patient. I'd say the most I'm comfortable squeezin in this room is 18. But we'll see how it goes.

Hey FarmerJoe, I just saw this and figured I should point something out. You need to take a very careful look at the actual state MMJ bill. You should read the whole bill. Here it is. LD 1296.

In particular you need to look at the end of Page 5 pertaining to primary caregivers. It says the Primary caregiver can: B. Cultivate up to 6 mature marijuana plants each for up to 5 qualifying patients who have designated the primary caregiver to cultivate marijuana on the patient's behalf. A primary caregiver may not cultivate marijuana for a patient unless the patient has designated the primary caregiver for that purpose and the patient has not designated a registered dispensary to cultivate marijuana for the patient's medical use. In addition to the marijuana plants otherwise authorized under this paragraph, a primary caregiver may have mature marijuana plants in varying stages of processing or cultivation in order to ensure the primary caregiver is able to meet the needs of the primary caregiver's qualifying patients;

Pay close attention to the underlined part. Then go to the top of that bill and read through the definitions for mature marijuana plant.
It basically means that you can have as many plants as you want so long as they are not ready to harvest. Who is the one that determines whether or not they are ready to harvest? YOU DO!
In addition you can have to have up to 5 zips (10 for a patient) of "prepared marijuana". This is weed "that requires no further processing". So you can have your 5 zips ready to go but additionally you can have as much herb as you want on a "3 month cure". Helpful hint: Keep your meds meticulously labeled.
You know you want to do it, now jump. I can't wait to see what future grows have in store for you. :rockon:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Edited by DrGreenThumb (01/10/12 08:04 PM)

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Re: short ryder 1000 watt grow [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #604821 - 01/11/12 07:53 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

wow, i wish canadian laws where that awesome....

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Re: short ryder 1000 watt grow [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #604886 - 01/11/12 07:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the heads up on that greenthumb!  I guess I'm a little confused with how that works. There are so many grey areas and contradictions with these new and ever changing laws.

The plant count thing I was told to be very careful of.  I'm under the impression hat there has to be a clear indication that your plants are at various stages in flower.  I will double check on that though.  I'm a member of the mmcm.....the  only state recognized non-profit trade organization for mmj. They work with dhhs and committee members to help smooth out some of these screwed up rules we gotta follow. I highly recommend you check out their page. Mmcmonline.org......they also have a forum, but it's a few months old so traffic is suuuuper slow.

Good news is I picked up another patient. she's low usage.....like a half oz a month....soooo I'm kinda torn on where to re invest my money. I'd love to pick up another ballast and reflector....but I also need to  build a new veg room in my basement.

So it's either pick up some led's for the new veg room......or stick with the t5's and pick up
another ballast and reflector.  Decisions decisions!

P.s. I'm watching your grow  closely! It's coming along quite well. :thumbup: How many ladies do you have under those two lights anyway?  A few more weeks and that rooms gonna be all :homerdrool:

--------------------

InvisibleMuggles

#604904 - 01/11/12 10:44 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:popcorn:

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: short ryder 1000 watt grow [Re: Muggles]
    #605025 - 01/12/12 04:48 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

The laws here are definitely confusing and vague. I don't think there has to be a clear indication that your plants are in different stages other than keeping them labeled. If you had 6 plants in week 9 and 6 in week 8 then there wouldn't be too much difference between the two. Let me know if you hear any differently. That is very important info.

I do know that if you have any amount over the allowed "prepared marijuana" you can GIVE it to another MMJ patient or GIVE it to the dispensary. You CANNOT get anything in return for it which is fine with me. It feels good to help the less fortunate get good medicine.

I'm not sure how many plants I have in there now. That's a good question. I started with a little over 30 but I've given up on some stragglers. I'll get back to you on that.

I just made my first seed order during Attitude's Lucky 7 promo. I made two orders so I should get quite a selection. I'm going to start some mothers and get to cloning so I'm in the process of making a DIY cloner. My end goal is to upgrade to 4000W flower and 1000W veg rooms but I'll probably have to move before that happens.

Your girls look great. Seems like the T5 is doing its job well. I'd go with another ballast and reflector is I was in your shoes. Once you have it set up you won't have trouble figuring out how to fill it.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates