Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Seed making plan (advice?)
    #599104 - 11/30/11 10:57 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So I'm thinking of starting up some autoflowers to get some seeds...and then eventually fem seeds.

I'm going to plant 10 seeds, and hope for one female and one male. Anything above and beyond that I will consider a bonus.

When I get the male and the female, I'm thinking I will put them in my all clear rubbermaid container. Its one of those big ones, probably 20 gallon or whatever. You know, the things people make FC's out of :wink:

If I LST them I should be able to keep the pollen quarantined as well as pollinate the female in the box, correct?

There will be an airflow problem, obviously...but I don't really care if the buds get thick and big and grow optimally, I just want some seeds.

Do you think that could work?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Seed making plan (advice?) [Re: A To The K]
    #599112 - 11/30/11 11:55 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

From what I gather from your post the only use for the rubbermaid is to quarantine the pollen? If thats the case you will not be able to keep the pollen just in that 20 gallon sized container. Also to keep the pollen inside the box you would have to keep the lid on which will generate heat inside the box. There also would be NO airflow for your plants, and a clear rubbermaid lid will greatly effect your light penetration. IMO you should treat your plants that are being used for breeding, just as you would the plants grown for grade A medicinal. Don't skimp out on your breeder plants just because it's seeded. I would say get a few more grows in, get some good genetics, and do some more research on marijuana breeding before trying this. It's more to it than just getting seeds, you want GOOD seeds.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Offlinerealcarlos
Stranger
Re: Seed making plan (advice?) [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #601720 - 12/16/11 10:24 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Why not place computer fans in there?
Place the male on one side of the tote and the female on the other end. Once the male starts opening its pollen sacks. Rotate the female 1/4 every day or every other day so the whole plant gets pollinated. The fans should help move the pollen and you could also pollinate manually.

Offlinethe man

Re: Seed making plan (advice?) [Re: realcarlos]
    #602182 - 12/19/11 10:18 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

can wait for male to almost open up and cut it and place in water in a seperate area  collect pollen on a mirror wait a weeek or so (refrigerate) and with a paint brush paint yoru females. if you just let the males open with the females you wont get as many seeds because the females wont have very many pistils by the time the males start popin.doesnt really matter but an option. if your males open anywhere near your females your pretty much 100% pollinated if there is so much as a breeze to the males to get the pollen in the air at all.  peace

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: Seed making plan (advice?) [Re: the man]
    #602188 - 12/20/11 12:00 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with the man...  Collect the pollen from a male that is in a totally different area.  Then pollinate the females with a q tip.  I did this with 2 buds on my last grow and ended up with about 25 seeds and the rest of the plant was fine!  =)  Though IMO auto's are not really worth it.  In my experience with autos is they suck! You get so little from them

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies