Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Test Smoke [Re: A To The K]
    #596050 - 11/07/11 09:29 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

OK, I just gave this a test smoke. I smoke smaller bowls solo, and I'd say the bowl I smoked was about average for what I smoke.

It was interesting, the high almost seemed to come in waves like a trip. Its a really heady high - pretty sativa-y. I'd say I got about 7/10 high from it. Its one of those highs where you can be doing one thing, and look at the clock and suddenly you've done 10 other things and its 2 hours later. I thought I wasn't high anymore, but I guess I am still pretty stoned :lol:

I flushed her with a gallon of water today, she was pretty dry. I'm looking at harvesting this weekend - I have Friday off, so I'm thinking maybe Friday. Thats an extra week from when I cut this test smoke (3 days ago) so I'm sure it'll only get better this week.

The taste was terrible, but its because I didn't dry it right or flush it at all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Test Smoke [Re: A To The K]
    #596167 - 11/08/11 09:38 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Shes been under the 400w for the last few days, so she seems to have snapped into full on swell mode now. I flushed her with a gallon of water yesterday and a gallon this morning. I'm going to flush a few more times (probably until Friday) and then see whats good.

I'll either chop her on Friday, or wait until some time next week. I haven't really decided yet. The trichs look fine, and the high was definitely good to go, but if shes going to keep swelling to the degree she is right now I'm gonna let her go a bit.

Down to my last bowl of chronic. Good thing I have edibles and hash to hold me over until this harvest is dry :wink:

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narnia Flag
    #596219 - 11/08/11 02:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Wow! You can really see all those trichomes. Looks like it'll be a great smoke:rastamon::dancer: :bigblunt:

--------------------
In the human brain, the hypothalamus controls the four f's:
1. Fighting 2. Fleeing 3. Feeding and ...4. Mating

My Current Grow. Killing Fields & Heavy Duty Fruity!!!
My Grow Journal. First Grow EVER!!!!

InvisibleFooMan

#596497 - 11/10/11 07:51 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Looks nice bro! :thumbup:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Chopped! [Re: FooMan]
    #596555 - 11/11/11 09:15 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I chopped her down this morning. She was a breeze to manicure. Only took about an hour or so. I wish I still had those pointy hair cutting scissors (broke them in a rage) as this big ass round tip ones just suck.

Either way, it was still quick. I left some leafage on because it was just so damn sparkly. Got a nice new collection of trim started too...I'm going to *try* to save it up all winter/spring and just do one big extract. We'll see.

Shes hanging up now. Buds seem medium high density - but they always do at first. The real test is when they're dry. Most of the lower branches are just popcorn buds, but I attribute that to my only using the 150w instead of my 400. Main colas are thick and smell so good. The trichs were about 30% amber - this plant seemed to grow sativa-ish so I decided to give it a more sativa chance. Although I'm looking for indica, I didn't want to force an indica high from a sativa girl.

Oh, and I stuck her in a dark room for 48 hours before cutting. I've heard a lot of shit about that, but never really tried it until now. I did save a bottom branch that mutated and kinda never grew any buds on it. Just a tiny branch...I'm going to put it in the veg room once my buds finish drying in there. If I'm running the lights anyway, I might as well try to reveg. Theres room so why not?

Will report back with pics, weight and smoke reports :cool:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Chopped! [Re: A To The K]
    #596557 - 11/11/11 09:22 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Also, I realize the hairs still look kinda white, but its because this strain foxtailed like I've never seen before. It kept stacking up new calyxes and they weren't showing any sign of slowing. They ended up just kinda fusing in with the thickness of the main cola and its tough to see whats what. If I can get around to making my usb microscope soon I'll hopefully have some trich pics :crazy2:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

All done :] [Re: A To The K]
    #596884 - 11/14/11 09:04 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well, it dried hanging for a few days, but since the buds aren't monsters or anything they're semi-dry today. I put them in a cardboard box because I couldn't really find a paper bag around here. IME it works relatively the same way.

They should be completely dry by the end of this week. I'm going to save the main colas in a jar to cure, and probably smoke up the popcorn buds real quick haha.

I just smoked a small popcorn bud I broke off. Also smoked some last night. Its a really interesting high. It starts out slow, almost non existent. Then it was a crazy sativa high, and I was doing all kinds of shit (moving stuff around, cleaning)...but now, I'd say about an hour later, I'm forgetting what I'm doing and kinda taking a nap in my chair lol. It might be because I got up early, but I think it went from sativa to indica feel. Best of both worlds. Neat.

I saved a tiny freak branch at the bottom that was strangely stunted and has a single weird calyx on it. I've put it in my veg room with the bagseed I'm keeping for clones. If the lights on, I might as well use it...right? If it revegges, cool. If not, oh well.

I'll try to remember to do pics and a smoke report of the finished (and then cured) product. I'd certainly recommend this strain. Its not cured or even fully dry yet, and I can say this is probably my second favorite strain so far. Smell was a bit of an issue in the beginning of flowering, but mellowed out somewhat at the end. It would have days where I could smell it throughout my house, and days when it didn't smell even in the grow room. Odd. Unsure on flavor and weight, but I'd  say the density is about medium. I've heard of people talk about rock hard buds, and this certainly isn't rock hard, but grew in thick and nice.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Reveg [Re: A To The K]
    #598148 - 11/23/11 08:24 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So, I have a plant in veg anyway, so I stuck this grapefruit girl back in under 24/0. There is new growth as of week 2, but extremely slow, and still seems to be shooting out flowering growth.

There are new white pistils, and those leafs near the top are new, but still triched. I'm waiting to see if it will start growing again. If not, I really won't be heart broken. It wasn't all THAT special (although its a great smoke) so this is really just more of an experiment.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Revegged, bonzai'd :D [Re: A To The K]
    #607205 - 01/29/12 12:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

So I posted this in another part of the forum, but I figured I'd come back and give a little update on what happened with this girl.

Here she was on 1/6/12

And here she is today. If I had known when my last picture of her was, I would have tried to wait until the 6th to post.

I didn't know what to do with her, so I decided I'd just keep her around to practice my cloning technique. I'm not so great at cloning, but this wonderful little plant has been steady giving me a few clones every few weeks to practice on. I think I've got it down a bit better now - I found that I like to clone to Rockwool best. It allows me to see when the roots pop out.

Anyway, when I get some of her clones nice and rooted, I'll be picking one to spray with colloidal silver! I'll spray it with the silver for a little bit, and then I will flower this little bonzai plant. She has gone through so very much, I feel like its only polite of me to give her a chance to do what she was meant to do!

I will post a link to that when I get around to starting it in this thread...as thats a whole different project! The next update I post here will be the final update, and will be a link to my colloidal silver experiment! :thumbup:

Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mars
Re: Revegged, bonzai'd :D [Re: A To The K]
    #607246 - 01/29/12 02:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

neato

what was your dry weight?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates