Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefromeast
Stranger

what is cheaper
    #593492 - 10/22/11 01:08 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm new to this butlike the shroomery im very eager to learn how to grow dank in a small area and still harvest enough bud for year round bake out. I've heard horror storries when it came down to electric bills from growing this stuff and im really trying to avoid the 350-500$ bills every month. What wouldbe cheaper to maintain hydroponics or just typical soil? If any1 has any grow logs or has found a real nice build your own setup on youtube or anywhere really please let me know.!

From my understanding you grow a female plant(mother), cut clones from it and set it in a rooting salution. the clones are put on 24 hour daylight flourecent lighting(6500k) and when you want them to start fruiting you put them in a separate area where none of the light from the clones into 12/12 red light?? in the 2700k range? I don't know how long it takes for them to bud and i think its like when the hairs on the bud turn 2/3 brown then its time to harvest. I don't know much about that either. I was thinking about making my own grow tent, no clue how, by making the frame out of pvc pipes in a 5x7 tent covering it with white plastic cutting an in and outake and placinga fan in the outake with the dryer tubeing stuff going out my window, which is about 50 to 60 ft from the rd. That was going to be the flowering room and I was going to grab 2 tubs and do a hydroponic system in my closet for the clones with the flourescent light. Sorry for jumping all over the place with this im really excited to start this!!!

thanks for those who have something informative to add to this post, and please if you have experience with hydroponics or soil which 1 takes up less space and elextricity?

Also, I'm not looking for a walk-through on the stages of the plants life to curing just a simple 1-2 word overview like this:
1.cloning
2.flowering
3.curing
4.consuming:rasta:

Edited by fromeast (10/22/11 01:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: what is cheaper [Re: fromeast]
    #594043 - 10/25/11 12:28 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hydroponics or soil which 1 takes up less space and elextricity? hat wouldbe cheaper to maintain hydroponics or just typical soil?

hydro shouldnt be too much more electricity then soil, but the cost to buy all the supply's to set up a hydro, up can add up...  Soil is easier if ur just doing a couple plants, for your first time.  After you learn more then maybe upgrade to hydro. 

Quote:

If any1 has any grow logs or has found a real nice build your own setup on youtube or anywhere really please let me know.!

this site and the internet are filled with grows and how to build your own spot

Quote:

and when you want them to start fruiting you put them in a separate area where none of the light from the clones into 12/12 red light??

not a red lightbulb.  use a hps lamp for flowering

Edited by P-O (10/25/11 12:35 AM)

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Loc: MO/TX/FL/HI
Re: what is cheaper [Re: P-O]
    #594645 - 10/29/11 05:02 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

soil is cheap and
going to be "easiest" imo
for a first run
maybe not in the aspect of work done
but in the work required to get
from start to finish

and you can get a nice introduction into organics.

it really is a LOT like cooking, making good soils, and nutrient/compost teas, etc.
you can buy bulk, no name, GREAT quality soil and amendments and make far superior soil than to all the
available

be careful what you add to your soils/teas
and dont go extravagant for a first run
less can sometimes be more in marijuana cultivation
(always know your sources of organic products)
-organic base soil
-organic compost/mushroom compost
-barnyard manure(only if you know the source, best to collect your own)
-pumice
-coco
-mycorhizzae
-dried kelp
-maybe a little powder fish meal(immediate, and long term nitroge,and some food for organisms)
-maybe some bokashi :shrug:

easy as pie man. just put it in the oven
i suggest a minimum of 400W HPS :grin:

--------------------

-and for all your ETHNO SEEDS needs come see us @ www.freeseedring.nl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract