Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSalviaNshrooms9090
Buddhist Monk
Male

Loc: Peru
Growing the ultimate strain???????
    #590474 - 10/05/11 09:03 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I was thinking of taking tangarine dream 2010 cannabus cup winner and crossing it with another strain like red dragon, ak-47, white widow, or something else. TD is a cross between g13 and nevilles haze FYI. I would take a tangarine dream female and the other male and breed seeds.. would one generation provide better smoke?? im new to this idea and want to try it out.. and over time could i breed other strains into it as well? creating likea  super weed?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

Re: Growing the ultimate strain??????? [Re: SalviaNshrooms9090] * 1
    #590477 - 10/05/11 09:52 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

weed is already super.one generation will show genetic differences
Is it better? i guess that's an opinion.

--------------------
DO NOT USE mushmagic.com- THEY LIE AND SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN :thumbdown:
--------------------------------------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the fucker can go! 
And when it comes to that fantastic note
where the rabbit bites its own head off,
I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten seconds and they'd make me explain.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing the ultimate strain??????? [Re: SalviaNshrooms9090]
    #590481 - 10/05/11 10:14 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Although the heritage would look interesting on paper outcrossing a hybrid such as tangerine dream to other hybrids such as white widow, red dragon, or ak-47 would just lead to a very unstable polyhybrid.

In order to get a stable hybrid you need to stabilize the parents for example White Widow is a Brazilian sativa crossed to a south indian hybrid these specimens are likely collected from people who have been growing them for many years stabilizing the genes to make them true breeding for whatever traits the breeder selected towards. The crossing of two true breeding parents leads to a uniform and stable offspring. 

Some polyhybrids are remarkable such as the Super Silver Haze, Mango haze, and Neville's Haze use hybrid parents for example SSH/MH are both (NL#5xHaze) crossed to (Skunk#1xHaze) or vice versa and Neville's Haze is (NL#5xHaze) crossed to Haze. Many would consider these to be the ultimate hybrid however it's not just their excellent heritage but the careful selection and combination that makes them winners. You can't just go and randomly outcross to more hybrids and expect to get something fantastic, unless you want to grow out 300 seeds and sort through them for that very rare and special specimen in which case you would probably be better off inbreeding a cultivar and selecting the most outstanding of the offspring.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds