Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Television
    #587640 - 09/20/11 06:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

How much time do you fellas spend in front of the television?  I've really come to view the tv as a social apparatus.  I only watch it when im chillin with friends, but we only watch movies on it.  I haven't paid for TV service for probably 4 or 5 years and don't miss it at all.  There are some tv shows I like to stay current on though.  But with the internet I can see everything i need to.  anyway, i bought a badass tv in 2009 for about 2 grand and I am going to sell it this week.  Actually I am selling almost all of my possessions, except my mushroom and weed growing supplies).  but anyway, do you guys watch a lot of tv?  I'll make a poll for shits.
Do you own a TV?
You may choose only one
Do you, or your head of household, pay for tv services?
You may choose only one
How much TV do you watch in a week? By TV i mean the actual set itself, video games, movies, broadcast TV, etc.
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (09/20/11 06:28 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll | Filter by response

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: Television [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #587645 - 09/20/11 06:55 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Man ... the time passed infront of a TV ... I have so no fuckin clue how many hours I pass every week infront of a TV ... it's like the question during a meeting for a job: Where do you see yourself in 5/10/15/+ years ...

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
Re: Television [Re: Manitou]
    #587647 - 09/20/11 06:59 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I used to watch a ridiculous amount of tv
but I realized I was only using it for background noise

so I dropped my cable service and just watch Netflix or downloaded movies

--------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Re: Television [Re: CosmicFool]
    #587652 - 09/20/11 07:40 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicFool said:
I used to watch a ridiculous amount of tv
but I realized I was only using it for background noise

so I dropped my cable service and just watch Netflix or downloaded movies

This is what I do. I only have Netflix and torrents.
Also, the intake of TV I consume varies. I mostly use it as background noise to help me fall
asleep. I use the internet far more than the television.

If I'm taking a break, and don't have many responsibilities, I may waste 15 hours from the
TV in a single day. (I'll go on a television-binge for certain series; like Dexter, Weeds, etc.)
I probably read more book than I watch TV, and I sometimes have my binge-reading too.

Other than that, I probably watch about 10 hours worth of TV in a week.
I probably use 24++ hours on the computer in a week, since I need it for school, research,
games, posting here, etc.

It all varies though, and depends on what I'm doing during the week.

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
    #587657 - 09/20/11 08:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

There is absolutely nothing on TV that interests me, besides that "Through the Worm Hole" series and Anthony Bourdain :smirk: . Once or twice a week I'll sit down and turn the TV on, flip through the channel guide for a few minutes then turn it off :shrug: ....On average I watch maybe an hour of TV a week, at the most.

Anything I would want to watch can be found on the internet, and more. I'm all for having a nice TV as you can have a video-out cable from your computer and use it as your monitor, and for watching movies/playing games if that's your sort of thang....But cable itself it garbage.

:stoner:

--------------------

Edited by openmind (09/20/11 08:12 PM)

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Television [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #587661 - 09/20/11 08:05 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i voted high because my tv is on a lot throughout the day. i listen to music, play movies, etc all day on my ps3 when im home. and when im not someone else is.

im in the room with the tv most of the time when im in, so i voted high. i rarely watch the tv with the cable box tho. i dvr breaking bad and always sunny. those are the 2 left i watch. i rarely watch something that isnt on the dvr. i cant stand commercials. i was watching futurama and wilfred but those seasons ended. squidbillies and pawn stars and american pickers are on the dvr from other people and i watch them sometimes when i feel like it.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Re: Television [Re: RasJeph] * 1
    #587666 - 09/20/11 08:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
i voted high

:feelshighman:

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineSheekle
http://tinychat.com/warminati

Re: Television [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #587690 - 09/20/11 11:05 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

0 hours a week

--------------------
:cool::feelsgoodman::nyan::catfrog::sunny::discodance::hug::hamsterdance::mitebecool::thumbup::omgawesome::cheers:

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
    #587693 - 09/20/11 11:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

on friday i had a hotel room to meself and tried to watch more than 15mins. got bored very quickly, turned it off and started reading. it's pretty lame.

kill your television.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Television [Re: nannybooboo] * 1
    #587702 - 09/21/11 02:11 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

id rather sell it and buy some :fbsnugs: with it.  actually, im going to spend the money on some grow equipment.  :grin:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#587738 - 09/21/11 09:22 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I watch a lot of tv, it's hard not to when you dont have a job. I like to turn off the set for hours at a time then listen to music or just think when I'm at the house. Daytime tv is horrible I can only stomach the movies......... primetime tv isn't much better.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Television [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #587754 - 09/21/11 12:13 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have the TV on the news all day long when I can, and when I'm in one of my gaming moods I probably pull in about 20-30 hours of xbox live in a week. I think in the first week black ops was out i have 2 days worth of online play time.

But I don't have cable at my new place or internet so my TV just sets in the corner hooked up to my 360, I watch movies or play video games i rent from redbox on it. Once I get a job I'll be getting cable installed though.

So I'm easily in the 41+ range. It's barely even a question honestly. I always watch adult swim (about 3-5 hours a day, and that is just night time) and the news is probably on about 12 hours or so a day. With game time either before, after, or during. I'm more suprised there are not more people with as many hours as me, idk what else i would do. I fill my free time with reading the newspaper, reading a novel, or painting my miniatures.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: Television [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #587796 - 09/21/11 02:44 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i probably spend less than 15 hours in front of my tv. Only used for video games, and to watch downloaded movies and tv shows. broadcasted TV isnt worth my time :nonono:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck