Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Salvia divinorum Growlog
    #57981 - 06/15/08 03:58 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I decided to start a little grow log after receiving my salvia cutting as the 2nd place prize in the RVF Garden Supply Contest thread over in the sponsors forum.

The cutting has really taken off quite well with some new leaves and several new branches.  When it first arrived there was a portion of the stem at the top that had broke off during transport.  I have since gotten this little bit of stem to take root and start a couple little branches, but a mold has taken hold of the damaged area.  I'm just hoping to get some rootable branches out of it before the whole thing may die.

Here is the main cutting that was received in the mail with new leaves and branches

new growth popping out

happy newest leaves

the little top bit of stem that broke off during shipment.  it has since sent out roots and is starting to branch, but i'm afraid the mold that has taken hold of the damaged area might get the better of it before i can clone.

6/25/08

7/8/08

8/2/08

9/2/08

12/14/08

1/4/09

1/29/09

4/11/09

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefreepain

Re: Salvia divinorum Growlog [Re: Yrat]
    #58524 - 06/16/08 01:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

If that part that broke off is above a "node" then it wont do anything but just sit there and root.

--------------------
01010011011011010110111101101011011001010010000001110111011001010110010101100100001000000110010101110110011001010111001001111001011001000110000101111001

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia divinorum Growlog [Re: freepain]
    #58554 - 06/16/08 01:46 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

not sure what you mean by that, since it is obviously branching in the picture

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Offlineoxalic32
Male
    #58693 - 06/16/08 03:51 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

How hard is it to care for this plant?

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia divinorum Growlog [Re: oxalic32]
    #58744 - 06/16/08 05:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

the most difficult part of caring for sally d is that she requires a lot of humidity.  i keep mine in a small greenhouse type enclosure i made and spray a few times a day, in addition to keeping some moistened perlite in there.

however, you can slowly ween them off the high humidity so that they are perfectly fine sitting at normal conditions in your room.  they like indirect light.  combine that with high humidity and they take off like weeds.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Invisiblenight trainV
Male

Loc: Midwest, US
    #58754 - 06/16/08 05:28 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

That should be ready to transplant out of that pot any time.  I transplanted all it's brothers and sisters to 1 gallon pots right after I shipped those 2 out and they were all pretty root bound.  They are all now about 14" - 16" tall with tons of branches.  They really took of after being transplanted and getting a few doses of Grow Big.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia divinorum Growlog [Re: night train]
    #58755 - 06/16/08 05:31 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup:

ya i was planning on moving into a bigger one in the next couple days.

thanks again!

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Offlinedeadheadjpc2000
What's the Haps??
Male User Gallery

Loc: BehindTheRedwoodCurtain,
    #58757 - 06/16/08 05:32 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yup....My Mother Sally is in her 4th year...I'll take some pics...But I've taken prolly 50 clones (cuttings) from her in the past years...At one point, she was 8 feet tall, with (3) foot-long flowers on her...but that was in her 2nd year...then the whiteflies, that are a constant battle, took over, and got loose....
  I had to cut that big, 8 foot tall, 10 feet in diameter plant down to almost nada..Now, she's growing back, standing abotu 4 feet, now...
  I have a 3 years old form her first season, standing about 3 feet tall...I just took 12 cuttings from her, and have 6 left that are 2 weeks+ old..

They both live in a room that has a big window/sliding glass doors...High humidity here...and I honestly haven't had trouble at all growing Her...and, now, using Organic fert. to control whiteflies...
I do grow all Organic, and my leaves have easily-seen crystals on them...they are rather potent for leaf..

Sally has treated me well...She is my Plant-Spirit, and can Teach many things....But, like an old School-Marm, she is Harsh to her Unruly/Unprepared Students..

Thankx, your plants look Grate, Nicey-N-Healthy.,..
Peace

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia divinorum Growlog [Re: deadheadjpc2000]
    #58761 - 06/16/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like a beautiful plant deadhead.  what size pot do you have her in?

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Offlinedeadheadjpc2000
What's the Haps??
Male User Gallery

#58775 - 06/16/08 06:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Mother living in @ 20 gallon pot, full of local Organic Soil...I live in the Heart Of Organic country..
Now fully established, she doesn't require much care...spray the Hand-sized leaves 2wice a week, water as needed..

The only pic I still have of Flower...Sry...

These pics were taken at Harvest time, and a pre=harvest spraying leaves the plant looking wilted...

From '07...2 plants..Notice how " woody" the stems are...

Bottom of 3 year old..

Bottom of Mother..

Larger-than-hand Leaves..Notice the Big, White viens..

No big Stems...

Drying Rack...

Just to give you an idea...
Thankx,
Peace

Shameless Plug....I do have 4-6 cutting for trade:tongue2:

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#58778 - 06/16/08 06:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

awesome

:crazy2:

this is my first SD plant, hopefully i can eventually get her up to those levels

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Offlinedeadheadjpc2000
What's the Haps??
Male User Gallery

#58780 - 06/16/08 06:08 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Thankx...
  Over the years, I've shipped them all over the US, never a prob...
Thankx again, G/L with yours...
Peace

Offlinetoken
toke king
Male

#58799 - 06/16/08 06:55 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Offlinedeadheadjpc2000
What's the Haps??
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia divinorum Growlog [Re: token]
    #58800 - 06/16/08 07:02 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I stoked up, and have 4 g's of 20x, 1g of 40x, .2g's of 80x, an ounce of commercial leaf, and an ounce of my leaf for personal stash...enough to last far beyond Prohibition, for sure...
I just trade the leaves along with my cuttings...let someone else do the extraction, if they choose...
I save my extractions for other substances:crazy2:

Peace

Offlinemacska
Male

Loc: herbal heights
    #60095 - 06/18/08 02:30 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

a local trader has quite good quality plants, i bought a lot of leaves from her, and they were all stronger than the average that i've tried from another places. so i decided to buy 2 plants from her and try to grow them myself. she gave me tips and stuff, i read a lot growing "guides" (including this thread) so i think that will be.... funny. however i'll post some pics as soon as i have the plants and i'd be glad if you comment them.

ohh that was sooo nice. im such a cutey when im stoned...

Invisiblemaggotz

#65403 - 06/24/08 10:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

nice. i've been meaning to get a cutting for some time now. i just don't know if a cutting would survive the shipping. i love salvia.:)

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia divinorum Growlog [Re: maggotz]
    #66004 - 06/25/08 04:52 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

update

the little broken off piece didn't make it.  i couldn't keep it going alternating between humidity and moisture to keep it alive, and dryness to kill off the mold.

i repotted the main cutting and it is taking off.  i used half of a clear 2L bottle so i could see if the roots took to the soil mix.  within two days i could see them against the side.  happy roots = happy plant. 

i will eventually move to an even larger pot when i'm ready to have her sit at room conditions.  i'm thinking about taking a cutting from that large main branch to start a mother plant with a nice straight stem.

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Offlineandrewss

#69339 - 07/01/08 10:14 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Good stuff man :smile:

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia divinorum Growlog [Re: andrewss]
    #76115 - 07/08/08 07:08 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

attempted my first cutting today.  we'll see how it turns out.  fingers are crossed.

before.

after

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

OfflineBlargIAmDead

#76178 - 07/08/08 08:55 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Seems like you know what you're doing. :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds