Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBoom
Moving Outdoors --> Indoors?
    #56661 - 06/12/08 08:24 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I have several little guys outside, and I just got a 400w HPS, so I'm gonna try and move them in.  They are in 5 gallon pots at the moment; I assume that's enough for growing them indoors.  They are currently in MG moisture control soil.

I was wondering if the shift to the indoors would be a bad idea, and if I am better off growing outdoors...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Moving Outdoors --> Indoors? (moved) [Re: Boom]
    #56797 - 06/13/08 02:24 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

This thread was moved from Indoor Soil Cultivation.

Reason:
More appropriate for the general forum, since it isn't specifically about soil. :wink:

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Moving Outdoors --> Indoors? [Re: Boom]
    #56798 - 06/13/08 02:30 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Boom said:
I was wondering if the shift to the indoors would be a bad idea, and if I am better off growing outdoors...

If light was the only factor to consider, it'd be better to leave them outdoors, since you can't beat the Sun and its complete spectrum. Unless there is any problems outside with them right now, and they'll have enough time to complete their life cycle outside, then personal preference would be to leave them on out there. How big are they?

Have you grown indoors before? You can always start an additional indoor grow. :thumbup: What kind of grow space have you been setting up in there (dimensions, ventilation, reflective material, etc.)?

--------------------

OfflineBoom
Re: Moving Outdoors --> Indoors? [Re: Sirius]
    #56814 - 06/13/08 04:52 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The plants are about 6 inches, I'll get some pics on here later, I'm runnin to work...

The thing is, outdoors they'd have to become a guerrilla grow, since they cannot stay in our backyard.

I can grow them in a closet right now, with is about 8x8x2 or so

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #56983 - 06/13/08 03:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well, if there isn't a good location outdoors that no one else will find, move them in. With those dimensions, did you mean eight feet tall, eight feet long, and two feet wide? Usually the height is the last number, but surely that can't be right. :lol:

Your light should work well enough to cover half of your floor space I should think. Other than light, the real concern with growing indoors is ventilation. The other benefit from keeping them outdoors is the abundance of fresh air constantly available for them. Indoors, you're going to need an extractor fan capable of replacing at least twice the volume of air in your room every minute, and a carbon filter to go with that if the smell is a security concern. :wink:

Can't wait to see pictures! :bigweed:

--------------------

OfflineBoom
    #57780 - 06/15/08 09:05 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

ha yeah its two feet deep

here are some pics of what I'll be moving in:

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #57968 - 06/15/08 03:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Those look nice, but hopefully you won't have any problems transplanting those individually, since the roots could be getting tangled around each other. Also, its a good idea to fill your pots up to the top with your soil so that the roots get more surface area to grow in. More roots = better yield. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineBoom
    #58031 - 06/15/08 05:24 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

WElp they are movin in tonight, I guess I'll move to 24 hours for like 2 weeks or so, or should I do 12/12 now and see what they do?

OfflineC3R3AL KiLLRx
Ganja Giant.
Male

Loc: Sunshine State of Mind.
    #58033 - 06/15/08 05:28 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

12/12 induces flowering go with 24/0 or 18/6

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #58331 - 06/16/08 03:29 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Boom said:
WElp they are movin in tonight, I guess I'll move to 24 hours for like 2 weeks or so, or should I do 12/12 now and see what they do?

I'd probably keep them in vegetative growth for awhile, at least until they show sexual maturity (alternate nodes, maybe even wait for preflowers). Really though, how long you veg will depend on how many plants you have and how much light and space you have for them (if you have more space and light for that many plants to grow bigger and produce more, why not?). The plants will usually stretch from two to three times the size they were when you first start the flowering photo-period, so keep that in mind when deciding how long to veg for.

Also, what do you have set up in the way of fresh air exchange?

--------------------

OfflineBoom
    #58425 - 06/16/08 10:33 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I basically have the door cracked and a fan blowing in, it's pretty ghetto but seems to be doin the trick, it's staying pretty cool in there

OfflineBoom
    #58733 - 06/16/08 04:46 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well, they seem happy in their new home...

I realize that this area could use a wall right next to the last pot, that's something I'm trying to whip up at the moment.

And that the ventilation idea is half baked - I have the door cracked with a little vornado fan pointing in towards the plants, but I suppose we'll worry about smell when it comes up. (Trying to think of a good way to do that with two sliding doors....)  It's not a HUGE issue, but I mean, it's obviously better

Oh and I realize that they should have their own pots, but I guess this will do.  I'm planning on flowering the little guys real soon (possibly now).

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #59225 - 06/17/08 08:47 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Boom said:
And that the ventilation idea is half baked - I have the door cracked with a little vornado fan pointing in towards the plants, but I suppose we'll worry about smell when it comes up. (Trying to think of a good way to do that with two sliding doors....)  It's not a HUGE issue, but I mean, it's obviously better

If you have limited means to set it up, then that's understandable, but realize that your plants are really going to need frequent air exchange so they can b-r-e-a-t-h-e. Having good light is nothing without the carbon dioxide they need to properly photosynthesize that light. The rule of thumb is an extractor fan capable of pulling at least twice the volume of air in the room in one minute. Placing a carbon filter before the extractor fan will neutralize any smell concerns that might arise. Without good ventilation though, I'd have to think you'll hit a serious barrier with growth/yield.

Quote:

Oh and I realize that they should have their own pots, but I guess this will do.

I don't know if the roots choking each other would be a concern or not, maybe someone else who knows more will chime in on that, but at the very least, you definitely need to fill those pots up to the top with soil. All that empty space could be more roots, which pretty much automatically means more yield. Its probable that its too late to transplant the plants individually, but I'd definitely suggest filling that up before flowering. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineBoom
    #69864 - 07/02/08 05:23 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

one of them is absolutely a hermie

However, it's one node that is gettign the male flowers...can't I just cut this top part off and leave the rest of the plant?

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #69878 - 07/02/08 06:23 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah dude, you could just remove the part with the male flowers, or pinch the male flowers off themselves. Provided there aren't a lot of them and you get to them all before they release pollen anywhere, then I don't think there should be a problem.

--------------------

OfflineBoom
    #69928 - 07/02/08 11:06 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Fuck I should've just pinched it, but whatever - I cut the plant's top off - the rest is puffing up with white haired buds...

I induced flowering immediatenly after bringing them in, when they were that tiny.

I'll get pics later, I have no clue where my cord is.  But they are looking nice, minus 4 males :frown:

OfflineBoom
    #76585 - 07/09/08 05:23 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Well they look real lame under this HPS - my camera didn't flash or anything - but here they are

I haev 4 left, and they are all flowering females

This was the hermie I cut in half...

One of the lanky bastards on the right

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds