Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Loc: The Hall of Doom
Pot Suckers and my thoughts on pot food.
    #584465 - 09/07/11 07:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Pepperment Pot Suckers

I've been making pot food for a few years now.  My purpose in so doing was three fold.  First I wanted to make a food that tasted great but still got you high.  In fact I wanted to pot to be undetectable flavor wise.  Second I wanted not to smoke my pot.  It is pleasurable but for a healthier me I am choosing not to smoke often.  Last I wanted a portable pot that is very safe and stable to travel. 

My cannibutter achieved one of these goals.  It was potent and capable of making pot foods that didn't taste of pot.  So brownies spaghetti rice crispie treats all free of pot flavor but blow your mind.  The problem is those things don't all travel well.  Also brownies have a stigma.  People know they might be laced.  Also the butter does eventually spoil.

So this lead me to Green Dragon.  Which you can mix with other booze.  In drinks it is only very slightly detectable and not at all in very sweet things like Mountain Dew or Colas etc. But drinks aren't that stable and open container laws prevent you from traveling it well.  Plus there is the issue of dosage.

Then one day I realized I could cook the alcohol back out of the Green Dragon and make other more stable food stuffs that travel well, resist heat and cold damage and have no stigma.  Better yet if sniffed or even eaten are not obviously laced.  Plus I can control dosage. 

I give you Lolli-Potheads.

Hard tack Candy with 22 mL of Green Dragon mixed in.  The alcohol evaporates and presto portable pot.  Take it to the movies and get high.  Take it to work for the ride home.  I probably wouldn't fly with these but I would have no issue with taking them on a road trip.  Also having no odor opens up a lot more places you can have your weed without bother of hassles from LEO, security, or even judgemental family.

Now before you tear off and make some of these yourself I have a couple of general recommendations regarding pot food.

1. If you don't know your pot source don't cook with it.  Sadly people put bug spray and all sorts of other crap on their pot.  Obviously you don't want to eat poisons.  So organic pot only and none with pepper sprayed on it either.  (people do that to keep the deer out of their pot).

2. If you wouldn't smoke it don't cook with it.  For example moldy pot.  Or old crumbly pot.  It's going to make for weak pot foods or funky flavors.

3. Trim is just fine to use so long as it is fresh.  Old trim isn't as good.  Again know your source.  I once got some trim that was full of dog hair blech!  Some folks think being a hippie means it's okay to be unhygenic.  Yuck.  My personal preference is to use good clean mids buds.  It isn't costing me a fortune so it doesn't break my heart to grind it up and make it into food.  Obviously if you have some killer fire kind or what ever the kids are calling it these days that's great too.

4. If at all possible grow it yourself and use the water cure method to essentially remove all flavor from the weed before you use it for cooking.  I've done it and it's yielded the best results.  ( Smoked water cured bud doesn't have any flavor either in case you were wondering. )

5. For me Green Dragon has to be made with 195 Proof Everclear.  That way the alcohol evaporates out much better.  If you make your Green Dragon with 151 there is a lot more water to evaporate.  Plus I'm not a fan of rum flavor in general so it doesn't work in my cooking.

Now these are just my thoughts and observations from my own experience.  Others I'm sure have different ideas.  These are mine.  :super:

C.H.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Pot Suckers and my thoughts on pot food. [Re: chucklehead]
    #585343 - 09/11/11 09:12 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

So wheres the recipe at bro!?

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Pot Suckers and my thoughts on pot food. [Re: RasJeph]
    #587155 - 09/18/11 10:53 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:

So wheres the recipe at bro!?

What he said! :yesnod:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Offlineiam23
Stranger
Re: Pot Suckers and my thoughts on pot food. [Re: geokills]
    #588729 - 09/25/11 06:40 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yah, say how much THC is in a teaspoon of a typical canabus canola oil extract from 2 ozs of buds?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds