Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisiblePandor

another let's bitch about taking a tolerance break thread.... *DELETED*
    #583281 - 09/03/11 11:25 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Pandor

Reason for deletion: de

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: another let's bitch about taking a tolerance break thread.... [Re: Pandor]
    #583286 - 09/03/11 12:13 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

So are you for or against the tolerance break?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineDRAGON
Doors of Perception
Male

Loc: Somewhere in the Universe
Re: another let's bitch about taking a tolerance break thread.... [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #583287 - 09/03/11 12:30 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

ehh yeah what fb asked :confused:

Either way nothing wrong with smoking 24/7 as long as you accept the fact that you'll attain an extreme tolerance. I don't smoke 24/7 because of that reason. It's irritating for me cause if I do have a tolerance like that. Then as soon as I start feeling baked I have this thought in the back of my mind constantly. That dammit my high is only gonna last for this x amount of time. Which kills my high even quicker :sad:

Truth be told though if I had an endless supply of high grade buds I would definitely be toking up all the time :yesnod:

--------------------
"I know that I know nothing"

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: another let's bitch about taking a tolerance break thread.... [Re: DRAGON]
    #583291 - 09/03/11 01:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

ehh, i pretty much smoke like what the OP described, and have been for about 13 years and my tolerance isn't extreme at all, except with edibles.  I seem to be able to eat a lot more edibles than my friends.  I think as long as you can function fairly normally under the influence of cannabis then go for it.  I mean, you didn't really seem to mention anything in your life that would necessitate a tolerance break.  Aside from not having a job, that is, if you are going to look for one.  I can speak from my current experience, that smoking and finding a job don't go together well.  In the past I would come home from the 9-5 and smoke all night, but id also smoke before work and at lunch.  I was able to get all the work done to my satisfaction too.  But without a job all i do is get high and dick around on the internet until my friends come over, then we just smoke more weed.  i guess im saying that a tolerance break is needed for me too.  perhaps I will just cut back to smoking at night time, until i get a job.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisiblePandor

Re: another let's bitch about taking a tolerance break thread.... [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #583303 - 09/03/11 02:20 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
So are you for or against the tolerance break?

not for it...just thought it was necessary...maybe not...gonna go smoke

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

#583307 - 09/03/11 02:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've never been to the point of needing a tolerance break :shrug: And never gotten close to feeling fully functional even when I smoke a lot :lol:. I just never really had the luxury, I guess when I do it'll be a damn good time.

Sounds like your life is going pretty damn good:thumbup:

It must be nice when your biggest problem is a high tolerance from smoking weed so often :smirk:

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#583342 - 09/03/11 06:30 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm doing the opposite of a tolerance break right now. Last few weeks I've been smoking less and lesser quality, plus working out but today I got some hash and bubba kush to get crazy high............... and eat bbq braised ribs.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

#589195 - 09/28/11 07:47 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

My tolerance only really skyrockets when I'm smoking hash frequently and when I have hash it's hard not to smoke it frequently.

It's ever so relaxing to just puff on a joint all day long I usually smoke while chopping veggies, whenever something is in the oven, whenever something is simmering away on the stove, if I owned a microwave I'd probably smoke while microwaving, I smoke while bbqing, in the morning before brushing my teeth or breakfast... now that I think of it food really motivates me more than anything to smoke weed.

Do you play poker online?

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: another let's bitch about taking a tolerance break thread.... [Re: maryanne3087]
    #589196 - 09/28/11 07:51 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Music is what gets me.

Especially radio when I can't control what comes on next.

"Oh shit bitch Stranglehold lets fucking burn one mannnnnnnnnnnn" :lol:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: another let's bitch about taking a tolerance break thread.... [Re: RasJeph]
    #589211 - 09/28/11 09:25 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm on a tolerance break out of necessity, have no cash and don't wanna hit up any of my connects up here. Hacked up a lot of black shit that came from real deep down in there. Been feeling nice. I'll be toking up this weekend when I go back home, but I'm going to be taking a little bit of a break still. Probably won't be a heavy smoker until I have a good job and we aren't so tight for cash. I'll probably only buy good shit though once I get cash. I'm probably going to buy some mids sometime to grab some seeds for a buddy.

I think tolerance breaks are good, but it's probably just more of a big deal for me since I smoke a lot of schwag. Or at least when I smoked a lot I did. I don't think I've smoked any chronic since about may or so.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: another let's bitch about taking a tolerance break thread.... [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #589215 - 09/28/11 09:38 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

no one on this site understands what it's like to be vegan.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: another let's bitch about taking a tolerance break thread.... [Re: THEBats] * 3
    #589216 - 09/28/11 09:43 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:

Well who would want to be one? Sounds boring to me.

--------------------

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
    #589255 - 09/28/11 01:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've been smoking cannabis many times a day for around four months and haven't really gone on a tolerance break. A couple days this week I went without smoking from when I got up at six in the morning until the afternoon which was interesting but not a real break.

also, I'm vegetarian but my sister and aunt are vegans.

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: another let's bitch about taking a tolerance break thread... [Re: FRACTALife]
    #589263 - 09/28/11 02:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i've always vegitarians and vegans just want to be special little snowflakes. To much work and to boring. Meat tastes good, veggies taste like shit.

--------------------

Invisiblem00nshine
HEDONISMBOT
 User Gallery

Loc: INEUPHORIA
    #589323 - 09/28/11 08:29 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've only taken a few tolerance breaks, but each time I always lasted less than a week. :lol:

I did get higher afterwards, though.

Just recently I quit smoking for 3 months mainly due to weed causing me dysphoria
and when I relapsed (I took 3 hits of some kush) I got high as hell.

Why have you chosen to become a vegan? I'm just curious.

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: another let's bitch about taking a tolerance break thread... [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #589347 - 09/28/11 10:08 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
i've always vegitarians and vegans just want to be special little snowflakes. To much work and to boring. Meat tastes good, veggies taste like shit.

Not true! I loved living a vegetarian lifestyle; some of the most creative, delicious food I've ever put in my mouth was either vegetarian or vegan. What fucks it up isn't the food, its the fact that you're a social pariah! Go out to eat: shitty veg choices. Go to dinner at a friend's: rude cuz you can't eat their food. So I gave it up. But I still eat WAAAAYYY more fruits, veggies, beans, nuts, etc. than I do any animal proteins. I just don't like the way animal protein makes me feel. :shrug:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisiblePandor

Re: another let's bitch about taking a tolerance break thread... [Re: 81renaissance]
    #589350 - 09/28/11 10:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:

Do you play poker online?

I used to. It's illegal now. I was playing 4-8 Omaha Hi/Lo when I started this thread.
I was going to go play tonight. Before I left, I had to take care of my garden.
Well, my tent is packed and I got nutes all over me and I got all frustrated.
So, I am in no shape to play. I haven't played or smoked in almost a month. I went on a juice fast for 11 days, and I was persuaded by my boyfriend to continue to take a break since I was smoking up all of our profits. I feel OK.
I really miss it. Especially tonight. I need to either have a drink or smoke, I am so stressed.

Quote:

THEBats said:

That was just a wise ass comment because earlier that day or the day before we were getting in to heated discussions about my diet choice in another thread and I was just making a reference to it. I really don't expect you guys to get it, I had wished I never started all that shit in someone else's thread.

Quote:

m00nshine said:

Why have you chosen to become a vegan? I'm just curious.

Those films where you see the animals suffering just for our taste enjoyment always disturbed me but not enough to stop eating meat for a long period of time. I became more interested in the health benefits and started to realize that losing weight and obtaining my ideal body weight went hand in hand with actually being disturbed by all of that unnecessary suffering. Since I have gone vegan, I look better than I did at 21 now at 32. Maybe if I'm not too lazy, I'll post some pics (with my face blurred) later. And I was hot when I was 21. Now I am ready to get back in to dancing. And I feel great.

Quote:

81renaissance said:
Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:

Not true! I loved living a vegetarian lifestyle; some of the most creative, delicious food I've ever put in my mouth was either vegetarian or vegan. What fucks it up isn't the food, its the fact that you're a social pariah! Go out to eat: shitty veg choices. Go to dinner at a friend's: rude cuz you can't eat their food. So I gave it up. But I still eat WAAAAYYY more fruits, veggies, beans, nuts, etc. than I do any animal proteins. I just don't like the way animal protein makes me feel. :shrug:

I no longer crave the taste of meat at all. I used to love burgers, ribs, chicken wings, etc. Once you start really getting in to it, the vegan food really does taste better. The only thing I occasionally miss is ordering a pizza and milk chocolate. I can always just go around the corner to Whole Foods and get a vegan slice of pizza and there are plenty of vegan deserts that are actually better tasting and better for you than the milk and egg using versions. I love the vegan red velvet cake!

Invisiblem00nshine
HEDONISMBOT
 User Gallery

Loc: INEUPHORIA
Re: another let's bitch about taking a tolerance break thread... [Re: Pandor]
    #589353 - 09/28/11 10:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Good for you :thumbup:

I went vegetarian for a little while when I was 19 years old and I lost a shitton of weight.

It didn't last, though, I enjoy meat way too much.... And I'm Brazilian...
Brazilian BBQ FTW

:drooling:

Nowadays I'm just watching my portions and try to work out on a regular basis...
I've lost about 60 lbs. so far and I'm feeling pretty good.

Now the challenge lies in keeping the weight off for life... All this gaining / losing gets old

I feel like Oprah or something LOL

--------------------

OfflineKrackatus
Vapehead

Loc: UK Flag
Re: another let's bitch about taking a tolerance break thread... [Re: m00nshine]
    #589400 - 09/29/11 09:04 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Theres no point taking a tolerance break if you will return to that pattern of smoking.

--------------------
"Cannabis is not a health problem. The problem is that it promotes social values and attitudes which are unwelcome in capitalist market based society. It's just that simple." - Terence McKenna

Offlinebryguy27007

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Minnesota
Re: another let's bitch about taking a tolerance break thread... [Re: Krackatus]
    #590231 - 10/04/11 09:56 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I haven't smoked since the 24th. I want to smoke but I told myself not until I'm caught up on school work (could be a while).

I'm cleaning my bong now so that when I do smoke I'm going to have the a super clean piece to smoke it out of. Or I might just continue the break until the end of the semester and buy myself a sweet piece to celebrate end of semester.

Speaking of diet, I'm a gluten intolerant (sick for three days not only if I eat gluten but if I eat something cooked on the same surface as gluten, have fun at restaurants), dairy intolerant (sick for 24 hours if I eat this one), vegetarian (by choice). Have fun with that one.

Edited by bryguy27007 (10/04/11 10:00 AM)

OfflineFisherman
Stranger

#590247 - 10/04/11 11:17 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

omh

I found the perfect solution for you.

smoke weed.

It seems like it suits you abnormally xD

InvisiblePandor

Re: another let's bitch about taking a tolerance break thread... [Re: Fisherman]
    #590252 - 10/04/11 11:22 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I just got a couple pounds of high quality trim from my best friend. Can't wait till I buy bubble bags and get the hash! I'm not smoking weed anymore.....Hash baby!

Offlineiam23
Stranger
    #590261 - 10/04/11 11:50 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeh, some pot is as potent as any hash. Tolerance breaks, yeh there good for ya, sometimes Ill wait till later at night to smoke, ya get a better more conciouness type of buzz. Its the change of conciousness thats the most fun. Stayin high all the time is boring.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals