Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
Help?
    #579460 - 08/19/11 10:01 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hi, im in the middle of my first grow and have a lot of questions...I made a journal, and im just wondering if people see it. Sorry if spamming or w.e; heres the link:

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/579235

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help? [Re: Dimo114]
    #579474 - 08/19/11 11:11 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

First a pro quality soil wouldn't have miracle grow even in the same building as it let alone in the mix.

Remember 400watts of cfl light are about equal to 100 of hid. People make the mistake of comparing the bulbs with like wattage's. CFL lights are hotter then hid. Put it this way if you had a 1000watt hid in order to get the same amount of usable light for the plant you would need nearly 5000watts of cfl which would be hotter then hell in that room. For this reason I'm huge cfl hater.

1 400watter and some dixie cups and close to half a pound.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you shut me up about the cfl lights but I have never to this day (been under the lights since 1985) seen what I would call a decent cfl grow that wouldn't have been better with hid lights. (this includes small space grows.)

My work under 2000watts.

and a larger plant grown under hid

Once again I wish you the best of luck and I really do hope you shut me up on the cfl lights. :thumbup: (I've said this a million times and yet to have it happen.)

How exactly did you sex plants that are only a few weeks old ?

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Help? [Re: Magash]
    #579478 - 08/19/11 11:28 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

They had reeeally obvious premature male flowers...balls all over lol

I mentiones that the actual mix had worm castings instead of mg.

Thanks a lot for the reply!!

Maybe u can recomend me nutes? Or a n_p_k that would be good at least, ive been feeding the girls that nasty mirracle grow food:(

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#579546 - 08/20/11 10:35 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I can really use some input on the journal right now..
Really thought i'd get some advice on here. Am I doing something wrong?? (as in threads)

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: Help? [Re: Dimo114] * 1
    #579569 - 08/20/11 11:47 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The traffic on these sites comes in waves, first off.  Also, a lot off people it seems don't get that involved in CFL grow logs.  All though if you run into problems, and post in the Doctor's Diagnosis forum, you will get some great responses and usually quick.  Some people are also turned off by people that seem to not want to put the time into learning.  Not saying you are that guy, but when I started growing I read 2 books and read this site for a year.

So everything Magash said is true.  However, I too grow with CFL's. I'm on my 4 grow.  I do long for the day to have a huge indoor everything garden with HID everywhere...

here is a link to my current log.

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/578159

Here are some quick suggestions.

If you are going to use CFL's then you need to maximize their output, but first find out your temps.  Get a temp reading right at the top of your canopy then when you know that, get your lights as close to your plants as they will allow without going outside the desired temps.  I try to stay under 85.

Build a reflector for that light.  Easiest way is the use cardboard, tape, and aluminum foil (the dull side).  Be careful, the foil may create hotspots.
You can also paint the cardboard with flat white paint, or spend a bit bore and use mylar.
DON'T WAIST ANY OF THAT PRECIOUS WEAK LIGHT :bigjoint:

Get those clear pots covered with a dark material.  The light hitting the roots can help promote root rot or growth of algae or something and also limits the size of the root ball.

make sure there is ample air exchange in your grow area.

You plants to me look maybe a little overwatered.  Make sure the top 2 inches or so depending on the size of your container is dry before you water.

The most important thing you need to know and always know, is you water and soil's pH.

pH pH pH pH pH!

GOOD LUCK!

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Help? [Re: muse42]
    #579611 - 08/20/11 01:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks a lot!!
And, even though I cant say I know nearly enouph, I know lots more then anyone did in their first grow (THIS WAS CONCLUDED ONLY FROM THE FEW DOZEN JOURNALS I STYDIED)
I also read the bible (not the Jesus thing, the good onexD)

I water every 3 days. would wait more but by day 3 they just seem so hungry....and ONCE AGAIN all I got is shitty MG nutes. PLESE can ANYONE recomend me nutes? ;(

I see u havent checked out my journal -.-. Im not blaming u ( I know u dont owe me didly squat) but that IS the point of this thread...in it I said (and showed pic) of my fixture, which is based on a white board. I thought about foil, but wouldnt that raise the temps?

Thanks for the specifics btw, my temp was at 90. No homo - id pay a lot of money for some private time w/ u lmao

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #579614 - 08/20/11 02:12 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I just saw that you used worm castings instead......smart, way better move. :thumbup:

Ok, now are these plants 2 weeks old? if they are it's not even possible to have balls all over them yet, so I must have messed up on the age of them or your mistaking something for balls on the plant.

As far as nutes you want to go with a hight quality then your gonna find in a hardware store. Something by Fox Farm, General Hydroponics, Advanced Nutrients and so on. There is a ton of info around here for nutrients.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #579615 - 08/20/11 02:12 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

General Hydroponics Maxi Bloom is what I'd recommend you using for now.

http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=718281

And here's a link to and easy to follow feeding plan.

http://lucasformula.com/

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

#579616 - 08/20/11 02:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I have looked at your journal, but I just did not post anything there.

What I mean by reflector is something to redirect the light coming off the sides of your CFL's down to the canopy.  From the angle of your pic, the reflector should cover if not all, most of the lights.  You have a board base for your fixture, but that is no reflector.  I'm thinking more in the lines of 3 pieces of card board.

2 pieces

the length of your fixture x 4-8 inches.  Cover one side aluminum foil, paint, ect... and tape them to the board.  What you have is two big flaps. 

Last take a small piece of cardboard, length your choice, and make a cross beam on 1 or both sides.  Set the angle of your flaps, and tape them to the cross beam.

Easy

What you have to remember is, especially with CFL's, every inch light has to travel directly or indirectly is a loss in light.

Also, I use the 3 part Fox Farm line of nutes and they work great.  I hear General Hydroponics has a great easy to use set of nutes as well.

--------------------

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

#579617 - 08/20/11 02:16 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

See a few others beat me to it. :bonghit:

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#579668 - 08/20/11 04:36 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Wooo
You guys are great!
Im going to use water only for 2 weeks, then swich to foxfarm...bad move?
Muse, sorry I ass-u-me-d lol. Ill make a reflector ASAP.
The plants broke ground on the 1st, so the male showed balls on week 3....right on the money according to FAQs.
What im really wondering, is when to transplant. @.@

I just want to tell you all how much safer I feel, knowing you guys looked at my girls and didnt go "omfg what is that?!.....is that even weed??"

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #579670 - 08/20/11 04:56 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The plants broke ground on the 1st, so the male showed balls on week 3....right on the money according to FAQs.

So which auto flower strain are you growing?

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Help? [Re: Stoneth]
    #579672 - 08/20/11 05:18 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

These are just bag seeds ( free seeds I got with my 5 ak48 autos)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #579685 - 08/20/11 06:03 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Im going to use water only for 2 weeks, then swich to foxfarm...bad move?

Nope, great move :thumbup:

Quote:

Plus they are autos. Another thing that I missed. Yup right on track. :omgawesome:

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#579718 - 08/20/11 09:40 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

k, I already wattered (with just water) once, so 2 more and swich to foxfarm?
Also....got new picks in the journal

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #579720 - 08/20/11 09:43 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

k, I already wattered (with just water) once, so 2 more and swich to foxfarm?

Yup that's fine. Start with 1/2 strength at first it can be strong stuff and the plants are still young.

Quote:

Also....got new picks in the journal

:thumbup: Cool I've been under the lights since 1985 and I still never get tired of looking at other peoples gardens. :happyweed:

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#579738 - 08/20/11 10:14 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Woa. I guess ill call you sensei, cause I havent even been under the sun for that long O.O
But this is just practice, to make sure I can actually implement what I learn. In 2 days im germinating the autos, and just ordered 10 lemon skunk femininzed seeds...yes, I have LOTS of  empty rooms. My only remaining hard decision is coco or hydro

WOW I JUST realised who you are...Must edit post apropriately....too high.....ughhainglephhh

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#580135 - 08/22/11 12:33 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Magash I wanted to ask u this for a while now. About your signature, the aspca thing. I hope you know how trusted you are on shroom/growery. If you do, why not give people the option of sending the money to you? It wouldnt be much work if you donate every month (as in put donations away untill the end of a month). You get your proof, and people  (people like me who want to keep everything of the record) feel safer.
Just a thought..

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #580550 - 08/23/11 10:44 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Because if I did I'd be selling seeds without being a sponsor here (because I'm accepting the money even if I donate it). I can't be a sponsor with a seed business because I'm in the states where it it illeagle still and the site can get in trouble for it. I've got a place in Spain for growing where they are friendly to growing for seed (even Amsterdam doesn't allow it now) but I have chemo treatments I have to finish up before I can head over there. :happyweed:

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#580572 - 08/24/11 12:06 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I didn't think about that.
and sorry to hear about the chemotherapy, I know it can be really tough.My grandmother went through the holocaust but not chem..
But it sounds like youre almost done, glad to hear it:) :sun:

P.S. I am actually moving to Europe as well. 4 more years (grad school) and i'm off; cant wait

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies