Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Indoor grow impossible...guerilla grow advice?
    #55504 - 06/11/08 11:39 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Alright, so the GF is cool with shroom cultivation, but not MJ since she feels that the risk of detection is so much higher.

I'm going to get some seeds from a reputable seedbank and attempt an outdoor grow off of my property.  I don't want to waste my money, so what's your best advice/tips for an outdoor grow? 

We have many heavily forested parks nearby, so light is not a problem, but what about controlling soil quality, nutes, and watering?  I won't have a shed or greenhouse obviously, so your tips are appreciated. (Oh and I read the cultivation guides and the FAQ so things beyond those sources is also greatly appreciated.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Indoor grow impossible...guerilla grow advice? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #55506 - 06/11/08 11:49 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

How is the climate where you live?

You don't really need to control soil/watering/nutes in many places. It's called weed :cool:

Can similar plants live outside where you plan to plant them?

Invisiblelegallyhomeless

#55508 - 06/11/08 11:52 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Camo never hurts.

I just use MG for soil, or MGMC. Find a spot no one goes to obviously. For watering, I really just leave that up to mother nature. My plants are getting big and strong now, and I havent had to water them once.

The plants that were in the sun ALL DAY ended up drying out because I never watered them. My plants get mostly afternoon light until sunset.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Indoor grow impossible...guerilla grow advice? [Re: Annom]
    #55510 - 06/11/08 11:57 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Annom said:

You don't really need to control soil/watering/nutes in many places. It's called weed :cool:

:lol:
Good call.  Nice pics hobo...I'm not gonna use pots, but the camo idea is good.  I think I'm going to take some composted manure mixed in with just a basic topsoil and organic nutrient mixture dig a hole and fill it with the mixture and a germinated seed.  That way I can avoid rootlocking.  Your thoughts?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Indoor grow impossible...guerilla grow advice? (moved) [Re: 81renaissance]
    #55512 - 06/11/08 11:59 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

This thread was moved from Marijuana Cultivation.

Reason:
More appropriate for the Outdoor sub-forum.

Invisiblelegallyhomeless

#55513 - 06/11/08 12:00 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Im going to be taking mine out of the pots as they get a little bigger. There is a nice set of videos on youtube. Search for "Marijuana prohibition" Its like a 12 part series and the 12th episode is about to be released. He puts trash bags in the ground.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Indoor grow impossible...guerilla grow advice? [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #55518 - 06/11/08 12:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Follow-up question: I've heard that Oct. is the best time for a harvest, should I plant around mid-August?  I'm in a hardiness zone 6

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Invisiblelegallyhomeless

#56040 - 06/11/08 09:21 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

what is it with these zones? someone clue me in? I plant on 420 and harvest in oct or sep before first frost.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#56106 - 06/11/08 10:35 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

legallyhomeless said:
Camo never hurts.

that "camo" would stick out like a sore thumb to anyone with any experience in the outdoors.  i would think that would look like a giant marijuana beacon from the sky too.  do you really think that will blend in so well in two weeks when all those branches you broke wither and turn brown while everything else around is a lush spring-green?

what's wrong with just burying the pots?  the best camo is no camo.  plants will blend in with other plants.  don't put them in rows and don't build a wall around them.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Invisiblelegallyhomeless

Re: Indoor grow impossible...guerilla grow advice? [Re: Yrat]
    #56431 - 06/12/08 03:51 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, Ive seriously been reconsidering this idea. I thought it would work better then a piece of fense around each pot since it will eventually grow out of the fensing leaving it able to be eaten. The wall however has browned a little but all of the lush greens around it is starting to make its way around the fensing, hiding it better

InvisibleDizz
Skunked Out......
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oz
    #57800 - 06/15/08 10:03 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Good luck 81, im going to try some guerilla growin myself, just germinated a shite load of seeds, ive chosen a nice spot that gets plenty of rain, should go good i hope

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Indoor grow impossible...guerilla grow advice? [Re: Dizz]
    #58260 - 06/15/08 10:01 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks man!  I'm putting them in the ground in a month...I'll post updates

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleDizz
Skunked Out......
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oz
    #58332 - 06/16/08 03:32 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

just planted some germonated seeds in a nice bushy area near by. Hope they go well, never gone guerilla styles before Lol

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Indoor grow impossible...guerilla grow advice? [Re: Dizz]
    #72677 - 07/05/08 11:13 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I've heard a lot of people growing in tree tops that seems like the ultimate guerilla grow.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Indoor grow impossible...guerilla grow advice? [Re: captain.koons]
    #76325 - 07/08/08 10:59 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

hmmm...treetops...sounds like a gorilla grow.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineAgaveKush
Viva La Vida

#76630 - 07/09/08 09:39 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

what time of the year should one start a plant? im thinking of planting a bunch of lowriders around my area.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom