Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemad capper
old head
Male

slow growth in Happy frog
    #574192 - 07/23/11 05:29 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I started some seeds last week in paper towels and like normal popped in two days. Then got a bag of Happy frog and added 30% more perlite to it and added just one tbs of dolo lime extra , since its already in there. The seeds were watered in with distilled water and came up in 2 days , since then growth has been slow and the seedlings are deep green and shorter than normal. Im concerned the soil is too hot for seedlings, but i cant think of anything to offset this. Next time i will probably reserve the happy frog for veg and start the seedlings in light warrior instead. They seem similar, but dont think light warrior has guano in it and that might be a bit too much for the babies. Im not really looking for a solution for this, since i think i answered my own question, just kinda wanted to put it out there and see if anyone else has noticed this with Happy Frog ?

--------------------
*constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil ~ jerry garcia*

Mad Capper's Moonshine Tek under construction lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: slow growth in Happy frog [Re: mad capper]
    #575071 - 07/28/11 09:48 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I use happy frog soil and never had this problem. maybe a ph problem or watering problem stunted growth of some sort what have u been doing

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"I got something that will fit in that hole... its right here in my pocket"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: slow growth in Happy frog [Re: critik]
    #575106 - 07/28/11 12:58 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I just throw my seedling straight into FFOF with no issues.  Could be genetics dude.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinemad capper
old head
Male

Re: slow growth in Happy frog [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #575146 - 07/28/11 06:02 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I have been watering with distilled water and added some additional lime to the Happy Frog , so PH is okay, checked that. I usually give the 16 oz solo cups a good soak and then let the medium dry out before i soak it again. The seeds just broke the soil line 8 days ago and just got some water a couple days ago , but will need water again soon.

The seeds all have 2-3 sets of leaves, actually 6 of them have 3 sets of leaves and that has just happened in the last few days, but all are extremely short and dark green. Plus 2 of the seedlings have the very tips of the first set of leaves burnt. Overall they are just short and moving slow.

I considered genetics too, but have just started the first half batch of these seeds in coco awhile ago. They looked and grew different in that medium , did great.

--------------------
*constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil ~ jerry garcia*

Offlinemad capper
old head
Male

#577097 - 08/07/11 01:05 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hey just wanted to update the community about the seedlings in Happy Frog. The seedlings started having a growth spurt about 10 days ago and look great. They are still on the short side maybe 2 1/2 to 3 inches. Right after the first set of true leaves they have 4 internodes packed into a super tight plant. After being above ground 18 days ,looks like they are ready for a light dose of nutes. So i think ill feed them Earth juice grow PHed in distilled water at 5 mls a gallon of water. I know thats on the weak side, but not sure about how much nutes is left in the medium. They have been drying out every 2-3 days now. so after this watering ill slowly dial it up a bit at a time.

Last time i started some of these seeds in coco/perlite/verm and guess cause that mix was alot more airy they just moved through it faster, the nodes did have a bigger margin tho. so i guess if i use Happy frog again in that capacity ill lighten it up a lil more prolly 50% perlite.

The seeds are from a strong indica strain grown in East Tennessee outdoors ,but do great indoors too. My father in law grew it right in his front yard ( gotta love them country boys) and it only gets bout 3 1/2 feet tall with some topping. We have dubbed it( tenessee 2 step) since he crossed it with his own choice indica male. I will take some pics and attach them to this post soon.

So the Happy Frog has served me well overall, past the minor burn on a couple of the seedlings first leaves. With that being said, i still prefer soilless mixes cause i like to know exactly how much nutes are being delivered at one time.

Sorry for the rambling guys just getting back into growing weed after 12 years and talking my way through it lol.

--------------------

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #577372 - 08/09/11 12:38 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Could be the lime, your suppose to condition the soil before-hand with that rather than use it in the soil.

--------------------
x:tongue:

OfflineTrial
Stranger
Re: slow growth in Happy frog [Re: critik]
    #788547 - 08/05/15 10:26 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Trial,

Also slow growth with Happy Frog, whats up with that.

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: slow growth in Happy frog [Re: Trial]
    #788556 - 08/06/15 02:01 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Some genetics cant handle nutrients when the plants are very young

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: slow growth in Happy frog [Re: Trial]
    #788882 - 08/07/15 05:21 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Trial said:
Trial,

Happy frog kinda sucks IMO.  Just a lower grade version of FFOF.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē

Re: slow growth in Happy frog [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #789999 - 08/17/15 12:39 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
Quote:

Trial said:
Trial,

Happy frog kinda sucks IMO.  Just a lower grade version of FFOF.

The soil version or the powder nutrient version?

Offlineloco801
Stranger

Re: slow growth in Happy frog [Re: harri]
    #790066 - 08/17/15 07:18 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Im using happy frog for my clones.

Pretty good if you ask me.

Edited by loco801 (08/17/15 07:21 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies