Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZen
Stranger
Slow flower development, no smell
    #596114 - 11/07/11 08:50 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hi,
This is my third crop. For some reason I got mixed up on the lighting schedule. I thought that the growing schedule was supposed to be 12 hrs a day and the flowering schedule was 18 hrs a day. Don't ask me how I got this mixed up after doing it correctly twice. Anyway, it wouldn't flower when I increased the light schedule of course, so then I wen on a website and figured it out. So I made the light schedule 12 hrs or a little less. Then I wen out of town and my friend who was supposed to watch them left the light completely off for 6 or 7 days. Also she didn't water them at all. AShe completely forgot they existed. Yeah.
Anyway, I lost a few plants needless to say. But they did eventually begin to flower. But veeerrryyy slowly. Now they have been on flowering cycle for over three months and they are not even close to being mature. Also, some of the plants just have one or two hairs and don't seem to be flowering at all. Others are about half way along. This is unlike any of my other attempts. Before the flowering cycle was done in one month.
Also, the plants don't smell like marijuana. There is practically no aroma at all coming off the plants. I have smoked some of the buds too, just to try them and they are extremely weak, almost impotent.

Can I save these plants? Or should I dump them and start again. They have been growing over 6 months now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZen
Stranger
Re: Slow flower development, no smell [Re: Zen]
    #596115 - 11/07/11 08:55 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, and they are growing in dirt with a sodium bulb.

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#596126 - 11/07/11 10:26 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

dump them and start again...  18 on 6 off during the first part  (veg) even 24 on 0 off for veg...  then 12 on and 12 off for flower. 

Also you cant flower a plant in 1 month so whatever you grew you picked early.  depending on the strain flower takes from 48 - 70 days

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Slow flower development, no smell [Re: phrostbyte]
    #596149 - 11/08/11 06:32 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah this thread is blowing my mind.

I'd like to see some pics.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineZen
Stranger
    #602287 - 12/20/11 05:12 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Update on this thread. I did not dump them. They are still developing, but still very slowly. 8 months now these plants have been growing and flowering, slowly since August 1st. The plants have developed that cola look now. Also I inherited another plant from somebody, and I stuck it in with my other plants and now it is flowering, but seems to be flowering faster than the others.
My one question now is, to speed up the flowering cycle, should I increase the light or decrease it. I had reduced the light to 9 hours cuz  was worried about triggering them back into vegetative growth instead of flowering growth. If I increase my light to 12 hours a day (the same amount of light I grew these plants in from the beginning) might it stop flowering and start growing new leaves and new height? I don't know what kind of memory these plants have . Is it possible they will interpret any light schedule of 12 hours to be vegetative season cuz they were grown from seeds on that schedule?
I guess I'm asking if the flowering cycle can be interrupted by a change in the time of light each day.
OR will the increased light speed along the flowering? Right now they are at 9 hrs a day.
I think I am going to stick with these plants till the end no matter ho0w long it takes. OK maybe I'll give them 3 more months to finish developing their flowers and dump them then if they have not finished it.
Also, the smell is still weak. Could lack of a fan in the room be a cause for the weakness? They don't have much, or ANY ventilation actually, except for when I open the door once or twice a day. I have heard that this may build up toxins in the plant if there is no breeze or ventilation. Could this cause other symptoms as well?
This batch if it ever matures is going to be called TORTURED for the way I've treated them. Who knows maybe it'll all work out.

InvisibleDrG
Male

#602288 - 12/20/11 05:28 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

WOW,pics?

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#602289 - 12/20/11 05:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Zen said:
Update on this thread. I did not dump them. They are still developing, but still very slowly. 8 months now these plants have been growing and flowering, slowly since August 1st. The plants have developed that cola look now. Also I inherited another plant from somebody, and I stuck it in with my other plants and now it is flowering, but seems to be flowering faster than the others.
My one question now is, to speed up the flowering cycle, should I increase the light or decrease it. I had reduced the light to 9 hours cuz  was worried about triggering them back into vegetative growth instead of flowering growth. If I increase my light to 12 hours a day (the same amount of light I grew these plants in from the beginning) might it stop flowering and start growing new leaves and new height? I don't know what kind of memory these plants have . Is it possible they will interpret any light schedule of 12 hours to be vegetative season cuz they were grown from seeds on that schedule?
I guess I'm asking if the flowering cycle can be interrupted by a change in the time of light each day.
OR will the increased light speed along the flowering? Right now they are at 9 hrs a day.
I think I am going to stick with these plants till the end no matter ho0w long it takes. OK maybe I'll give them 3 more months to finish developing their flowers and dump them then if they have not finished it.
Also, the smell is still weak. Could lack of a fan in the room be a cause for the weakness? They don't have much, or ANY ventilation actually, except for when I open the door once or twice a day. I have heard that this may build up toxins in the plant if there is no breeze or ventilation. Could this cause other symptoms as well?
This batch if it ever matures is going to be called TORTURED for the way I've treated them. Who knows maybe it'll all work out.

You screwed them up big time!  They need 12 hrs of light on and off steady when in flower.  They need TOTAL DARKNESS AT NIGHT!  NO LIGHT AT ALL!  NOT EVEN A LITTLE!  There is no way it would take 14 weeks to flower these and there still not done.  8 months for indoor?!  I just grew 3 oz in a little less than 3 months. Your dark cycle I'm guessing hasn't been dark enough.

I'm guessing this is why they are taking so long.  The more "dark time"  is just to make the plant think its fall and time to flower.  The longer dark time doesn't make it "flower faster"  Changing the amount of light and dark times stresses and confuses the plant.

You can't "speed up" the flower cycle.  You just want the plant to have what it needs and wait for it to finish.  You want these things to be steady not different.  Plant's what a normal schedule not constant change.  Growing indoors is suppose to "simulate the outdoors" The sun (light) the seasons change (less light more dark)

It needs the right temps...  it needs food..  it needs 12 hrs light and 12 hrs total darkness...  When these are in combination correctly the plant will be happy and thrive.  But when these are done wrong the plant will be shocked /  stressed /  unhappy.  It will slow down growth /  Stunt growth /  stop growth.

You should really do some research and actually have some sort of clue as to what your doing before you even start.  You have NO IDEA what your doing at all!  In 8 months you could have grown  a lb already at least.

Edited by phrostbyte (12/20/11 11:30 PM)

InvisibleDrG
Male

Re: Slow flower development, no smell [Re: phrostbyte]
    #602290 - 12/20/11 05:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

word:thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag