Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesmurf_master
Master Smurf

Loc: Everywhere Flag
Drying preferences
    #574532 - 07/25/11 01:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

About to cut down my babes after 10 weeks flowering, I have two areas that I can hang everything to dry. A standing cabinet in my kitchen with no fans, or my grow tent which has an AC unit, and an intake fan sucking air out.

Which will make for a smoother smoke?

If I dry everything in the kitchen I can also start the new grow sooner. Thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNizzyJones
Fight Evil with Funk
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhat North of Normal
Re: Drying preferences [Re: smurf_master]
    #574533 - 07/25/11 01:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Dry it in the kitchen. I think the smoothness of the smoke is only really effected by under-drying or poor curing, as long as you get it dry the drying speed doesn't  make much difference.

OfflineBlackstatis
Stranger

Re: Drying preferences [Re: NizzyJones]
    #574538 - 07/25/11 02:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i disagree with the drying speed comment.  i had a crop that i dried out way to fast and it smelled like hay.  way to go me, wasting a good crop with bad presentation.  it still did the job, just smelled and tasted off.  i have also had my friends ask me why their end result smelled like a hay bail...

drying, i have come to find out is almost the most important aspect of end result.  you can have bomb weed, but it aint gonna be shit if you dry to fast or slow.  i recently found out, with research and hands on experience that...(how i do it now)... you have to hang dry with some circulation for the first 4-5 days, until its dry to the touch.  the inside will still have some moisture.  then i get paper grocery bags and i clip the nugs off the branch and put them in the bag, with the bag on its side, fill with about 3 inches deep of weed.  leave the bags open for the next few days, but remember to stir up the goods once a day.  after a few days of that, when they dont look like they are sticking together anymore from moisture, close the bag.  continue to stir once a day.  then when you think they are dry, put em in glass jars and continue with the curing process.  each drying step here takes about 4-5 days, depending how dry or humid your climate is.  also try to keep them in the dark the whole time. 

i started doing this and came away with weed that stinks up the whole room when you pull it out.  this also ensures a smooth burn, no throat irritation and tasty, tasty end results.

OfflineNizzyJones
Fight Evil with Funk
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhat North of Normal
Re: Drying preferences [Re: Blackstatis]
    #574568 - 07/25/11 05:29 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, okay. I guess I've just never had a problem with drying too fast that didn't involve a wood-stove :lol:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies