Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefromeast
Stranger

getting ready for first try
    #572963 - 07/18/11 12:36 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

This is the plan. I'm going to attempt a grow at ak-47. using expert gardeners potting soil, vermeculite, and perlite.
Im going to make a 7ft long by 4ft wide by 6n half feet high box of plywood.Im going to paint it white, Ultra white to be specific. Its a shiny white. After this im going to put 1 inch cubed weather stripping on the inside where the door is going to be. I'm still lookin for a sealent that keeps the auroma inside the box and no smell is able to be picked up on the outside. I'm not sure what lights ill be using yet I only plan on having like 3-5 big plants or a ton of little ones. Inside there i will have a fan with some of those giant pipes u find behind dryers that will go either from the light fixture or start at the top of the box and go to my attic. This all will be done in a garage that stays about 90 or so degrees during the day. will this be possible?

If u have ever had any success at growing this stuff or growin in 90 deg + please post it here.

questions:
1: should the paint be shiny white or flat white?
2: Should I be using plywood?
3: If u have grown ak before and were successful, what site did you get the seeds from and what nutrients did you use?
4: What can I get that is used to prevent fires. Like an auto hose or something?

thanks 4 everything to you who post:heart: for you i just wanna get high

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlackstatis
Stranger

Re: getting ready for first try [Re: fromeast]
    #572995 - 07/18/11 02:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

oof... 90 is to hot!  you want ideally 75 and with lights running in your little hot box you plan to build, plus that 90 you got going, you'll easy hit 100. 

shiny white will work fine, any white really. 

you should try to find "panda plastic" and build a tent, it'll be cheaper, since its already white on one side it'll save you painting $ and time.  just some pvc elbows, T's and tubing and you can have a grow area set up that also breaks down,  but plywood will be fine too.

i have grown cherry AK, not in soil tho.  i've used Age Old nutes for soil in the past, works good and organic... if you're into that.

mount your ballast off the ground, keep your lights cool and you shouldn't have a fire issue.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #573016 - 07/18/11 04:40 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

1: should the paint be shiny white or flat white?  Flat white not the shiny stuff

2: Should I be using plywood?  That's up to your really

3: If u have grown ak before and were successful, what site did you get the seeds from and what nutrients did you use?  http://www.drchronic.com/  Forget what nutrients I used at that time

4: What can I get that is used to prevent fires. Like an auto hose or something?  Your kidding right? Get a fire extinguisher :happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #573023 - 07/18/11 05:09 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

fromeast said:

4: What can I get that is used to prevent fires. Like an auto hose or something?

here is a review for a product you might want to check out...

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinedoursiezel
Stranger
Re: getting ready for first try [Re: Tank333]
    #573963 - 07/22/11 07:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i cant wait till i can start planning a grow room.

i admire the ambition and your mind set.

good luck brother!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck