Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineShaggy420
Male

US: B.C.'s imprisoned 'Prince of Pot' seriously ill
    #571265 - 07/11/11 08:30 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Toronto Sun

Monday 11 Jul 2011
The man known as the "prince of pot" has contracted a serious infection while in prison in the U.S.

Vancouver native Marc Emery, the marijuana activist, is serving time in Mississippi for selling mail-order marijuana seeds to American customers.

He's been diagnosed with an antibiotic-resistant "superbug" - a bacterial infection called MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus). According to the Public Health Agency of Canada, MRSA can develop into serious, life-threatening complications, but most cases are limited to the skin and can be successfully treated. It's highly contagious and spreads quickly through areas with large contained populations, like prisons and health-care facilities.

"I suffer anxiety whenever I don't hear from Marc for a number of hours at a time... And I'm scared for his health," reads a tweet from Emery's wife Jodie. "Thankfully Marc is in a Bureau Of Prisons facility with better medical care than private prisons..."

Emery is the publisher of Cannabis Culture magazine (his prison blog is published on its website), and was a founding member of the Marijuana Party of Canada and the BC Marijuana Party. He ran for mayor in Vancouver three times.

Emery was extradited to the U.S., and has three years left of his five-year sentence, with his release date set for July 2014.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/11/bcs-imprisoned-prince-of-pot-seriously-ill

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
Re: US: B.C.'s imprisoned 'Prince of Pot' seriously ill [Re: Shaggy420]
    #571423 - 07/12/11 02:01 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

:sad:

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: US: B.C.'s imprisoned 'Prince of Pot' seriously ill [Re: openmind]
    #571519 - 07/12/11 12:40 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Just last week i read a letter he wrote to jodie talking about how he had started a band with some fellow inmates and was playing bass :shrug:

Id hate to get sick in prison but MRSA i hear is really shitty and often kills people

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineSubHuman
Straight Bupe

Re: US: B.C.'s imprisoned 'Prince of Pot' seriously ill [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #572538 - 07/16/11 05:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Its disgusting, all because they have zero hygeine practices in jail.  I watched em from my cell "cleaning" the cots after some dirty bum had slept on them, getting em ready for the next inmate all they did was give a quick spray of lysol and thats it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals