Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
‘Free Marc Emery’ campaign fires up
    #417317 - 05/13/10 06:06 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Robert Matas
Vancouver — Globe and Mail Update
Published on Thursday, May. 13, 2010 2:24PM EDT

Marijuana-activists have kicked off a campaign in support of the “Prince of Pot” Marc Emery with a series of protests inside the constituency offices of federal Conservative MPs.

Justice Minister Rob Nicholson announced earlier this week that the federal government would not stop Mr. Emery’s extradition to the U.S to face criminal charges of allegedly selling about three million marijuana seeds to U.S. customers. Mr. Emery has said he expects to serve five years in prison after pleading guilty but hopes to be transferred back to Canada to serve his time. The Canadian government has not indicated any support for an application to transfer him back to Canada.

On Tuesday, a group of around eight protesters with loud-speakers took over the front area of federal minister James Moore’s constituency office. Some rolled what they claimed were marijuana cigarettes on the front counter of the federal minister’s office.

Although police were called, they did not stop the protest. The organizers say they were told that a MP’s constituency office is public space and protesters have a right to protest inside the office.

The protesters are organizing to take over another constituency office of a federal Conservative MP on Friday.

“We’re quite upset,” organizer Jacob Hunter said Thursday in an interview. “We’ve been playing nice for a long time with phone calls and emails. It is time to up the ante - and this is exactly what this is,” he said.

“We’re encouraging people across Canada to do it. We’re also going to go to [Prime Minister’s] Stephen Harper’s riding. We’re going to go to Ron Nicholson’s riding. We are definitely going to keep doing this,” he said.

Mr. Hunter, who is seen on the video rolling a marijuana joint while sitting at Mr. Moore’s desk, said in an interview he has a federal licence authorizing him to use marijuana for medical purposes.

Mr. Hunter, 28, said he has a genetic condition that resulted in his knee joint breaking apart eight months ago. The doctor signed the necessary documents two weeks later and Health Canada issued a licence six weeks ago.

“I have a five-gram-a-day licence, which means I can grow 25 plants, and I’m legally authorized to carry 150 grams at any time, including on flights,” he said. He flew to Toronto earlier this month with 150 grams. “They did not even ask to see the licence,” he said.

A YouTube video shows the protesters at Mr. Moore’s office. Protesters are encouraged to occupy MPs’ offices if the doors are open. Medical marijuana users are encouraged to bring their marijuana with them.

Mr. Emery is currently being held in a detention centre in the Vancouver area, pending his transfer to the U.S.

Before he surrendered himself to custody earlier this week, he urged his supporters to put pressure on the Conservatives MPs if he is sent to the U.S.

“I think the best thing that could happen to our movement is that the minister decides, foolishly, to extradite me. Canadians will be very, very angry and punish this government,” Mr. Emery told reporters.

“If I'm extradited, I've told my supporters that every Conservative member of Parliament is to be hounded endlessly and unmercifully until they are defeated in the next or following elections. It's to be a life project for them as long as I am incarcerated in the United States or Canada.”

Snipped

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies