Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
'Prison-Bound Prince of Pot Says He Has ‘No Regrets’ (Canada)
    #416232 - 05/11/10 11:46 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Federal Justice Minister Robert Nicholson has signed an extradition order clearing the way for Prince of Pot Marc Emery to be imprisoned in the United States.

The 51-year-old Emery surrendered to authorities Monday in Vancouver after his bail expired, and his lawyer said he expects the marijuana activist to be transferred to America relatively quickly.

He had been free awaiting Nicholson’s decision on sending him south to U.S.  District Court in Seattle.

In 2005, Emery was arrested after the Americans indicted him on drug production and money-laundering charges related to his longtime marijuana seed-selling business.

After a legal fight to avoid extradition, last year Emery said he agreed to a plea bargain that will see him sentenced to five years in jail to avoid a potential prison term of more than 20 years.

His lawyer, Kirk Tousaw, said that Emery hopes to be returned to Canada to serve his sentence under the prisoner-exchange treaty.

“I think of myself as a great Canadian,” Emery said outside B.C.  Supreme Court, his wife Jodie at his side, her eyes brimming with tears.

His supporters cheered and waved placards that read, “Free Marc.”

“I’ve worked my whole life for individual freedom in this country, I’ve never asked for anything in return,” said Emery.

“And now I will be possibly handed over to the United States for a five-year sentence for the so-called crime of selling seeds from my desk.

“I’m proud of what I’ve done, and I have no regrets ….  I have the support of hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of Canadians.”

Originally, Emery and two of his employees — Michelle Rainey and Greg Williams — were charged with conspiracy to manufacture and distribute marijuana and money laundering in connection with his $3-million-a-year catalogue business.

Rainey and Williams pleaded guilty last July and were given two years’ probation as part of the sentencing deal.

The 38-year-old Rainey worked for Emery from 1998 to 2005, helping him operate the B.C.  Marijuana Party and the mail-order business.

The 54-year-old Williams took

Source: Vancouver Sun (CN BC)
Copyright: 2010 The Vancouver Sun
Author: Ian Mulgrew, Vancouver Sun

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: 'Prison-Bound Prince of Pot Says He Has ‘No Regrets’ (Canada) [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #416250 - 05/12/10 02:10 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I wonder what type of "plea bargin" he took....:strokebeard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order