Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
Plant is too tall?
    #569054 - 07/02/11 01:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Just checked my girls and the tallest one is just taking off like I've never seen before. It's about 7' 6" and I'm only 5' 10" :lol:
So I was wondering what do people do when their plants are this tall? I mean I can't get up there to do anything that may need to be done- trim leafs, take off bugs, shake off water, inspect buds when they come, unravel fingers from spider webs etc. It's very healthy at the moment but when it starts flowering I know I'll have to shake off lots of water because of my location. I can't use a ladder or even a step stool because it's on a slope. I was thinking the only thing to do is to lst it.

So any thoughts? :vaped:

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Plant is too tall? [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #569062 - 07/02/11 02:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

How long did you veg?!?!
When you flower her, she's gonna at least DOUBLE in size, so you need to do some LST work on her. I assume at that size that the main stem has become woody, but if it still has some pliability you need to bend her down and tie the top to the stem or to a stake down below.
On the other hand, (I'm assuming she's outdoors) you could just let her grow, if security isn't an issue, let her turn into a Christmas tree, you don't necessarily need to have access to the top of an outdoor tree, she'll do fine on her own.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Re: Plant is too tall? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #569075 - 07/02/11 03:52 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I started these plants on 4/20 indoors and moved them outside on 5/20.
This is the first time I've planted right into the ground and first time I've had a plant this big :laugh:

Now that I know the top will be ok I'll measure the surrounding plants. I think the hedgerow protecting them is about 15' so it might be pushing it. Security will only be an issue if they get bigger than the sumacs and hedgerow. The stem is still soft enough to train

Thanks for the info

--------------------
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

Edited by MonsignorBerric (07/02/11 03:53 PM)

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #569114 - 07/02/11 06:09 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/303817

This is a great log, an outdoor on a huge plant where he tied it down, good pictures check it out.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #569122 - 07/02/11 06:38 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I want to see pics of this monstrosity.
And in a few months I want a sample bud.
:ganja::smirk:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Re: Plant is too tall? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #569130 - 07/02/11 07:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'll try to get some pics :lol:

Thanks for the link mhbound that's awesome. I'm gonna have to decide now what to do. What I'm mainly worried about with leaving it tall is mold. There's been a lot of rain this year and I'll probably have to shake off the buds quite a bit

--------------------

OfflineCommunistRemix
Stranger
    #569651 - 07/05/11 03:15 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

did it grow that big while it was outdoors?
i didnt know natural soil could do that, everybody makes it sound like soil is bad, but obviously not. I'm a total noob, so sorry if this sounds stupid, but couldn't you just FIM a big chunk of the top, and just keep on bonsaïng it until you start flowering?

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: Plant is too tall? [Re: CommunistRemix]
    #569652 - 07/05/11 03:30 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If its growing on a slope I would go uphill and tie it a few times from mid stem to the top into stakes into the ground, so it kinda grows with the slope as much as possible.

But yea, pics asap!

--------------------

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Re: Plant is too tall? [Re: CommunistRemix]
    #569705 - 07/05/11 10:25 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CommunistRemix said:
did it grow that big while it was outdoors?
i didnt know natural soil could do that, everybody makes it sound like soil is bad, but obviously not. I'm a total noob, so sorry if this sounds stupid, but couldn't you just FIM a big chunk of the top, and just keep on bonsaïng it until you start flowering?

I had it indoors on 24/0 for a month, then put it outside. So yeah the vast majority of growth happened outside. They were only about a foot tall when I put them out. :lol: Soil isn't bad at all. Pretty sure soil will always give you the smoothest and best tasting smoke. I don't FIM just because I don't know how, but it's an option.

Quote:

T-Rex said:
If its growing on a slope I would go uphill and tie it a few times from mid stem to the top into stakes into the ground, so it kinda grows with the slope as much as possible.

But yea, pics asap!

Ya I think I'm gonna train it like that, might have to go to the side though, there isn't much room with the sumacs and hedgerow to go uphill

--------------------

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

#570084 - 07/06/11 12:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

edited

--------------------

Edited by MonsignorBerric (07/07/11 12:26 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck