Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

Good read if your stoned and bored
    #569320 - 07/03/11 07:19 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I got a good one for everyone.

As I said earlier, I was working at Sonic. But, I just quit 10 minutes ago. Here's how the story went.

I started about three months ago, I got a call from a manager about possibly coming in for work and I thought it'd be a good place to work as I had prior food service experience. So I go in for an interview a couple days later and everything goes well. Turns out, I got interviewed by someone who I used to work with at a smoothie shop. She didn't like me very much though as the only interaction we really had besides her "managing" me was when she caught me giving a free smoothie to my friend when I was 'off the clock'.

I also found out she smokes (weed) a couple years ago, and did it while she was pregnant. She's a 100lb black girl. I didn't think too much of it then and just kind of laughed it off. Anyways, so I knew she smoked and had a kid as she was giving me my interview.

It went well and I ended up coming in a few days later for my first day of work. They were extremely busy, and I kind of fell behind. But I got the hang of it and was staying until 2 in the morning by the end of the week. They close at 12 and it takes about 2 hours to clean the kitchen.

The first two weeks went fine, I would close about 3 out of the 5 shifts I got a week and I felt like I was picking things up great. But that all went downhill after the first time I got yelled at by a manager. I mean, top of the lungs gorrilla grawled. They always seemed to have a chip on their shoulder, and I thought it was just part of their job, but it got really bad by the end of the first month.

There are two main managers, the black girl, and a 20 year old college dropout who "lives on his own". They both yell and bitch equally. I don't feel justified in describing their actions as 'bitching', but it got annoying after a while. They'd yell for taking 5 minutes on an order instead of 2...things like that. The worst was when they'd yell while you were doing something to work faster, it felt kind of like a stab in the back.

The first month of my employment ends there, and I was working like my 20th shift when the black manager tells me to come outside. She didn't seem to professional or confident about what she was doing, but I did as she said. She basically told me that I needed to speed things up in the next week or I'd be let go. Personally, I thought I was doing good, and I know I was trying. But, I had missed a sick day (which they 'punished' me for).

The week goes by and I actually get a compliment on 'being quick'. I figured at that point I had enough down to really work there well. But the managers would still yell a lot. I actually told one (the white guy) that 'he didn't have to yell). I had been filling a medium sized fry container for 5 seconds when he yelled at me to "hurry up, your taking to long".

I was fairly set up with how to work there, and thought I could handle all of the yelling. But, after the 2nd week of my first month there, I was sent home for 4 of my 5 shifts being told 'they didn't need me to work because they weren't busy'. I was ok with it at first, but it put a huge dent in my paycheck, and I was planning on moving into my own place.

After the week of being sent home after walking in the door, my schedule got changed to one shift a week. Sunday, from 5 to 10. So I went from having 25 hours a week, to 5. The mexicans who laughed about multa and spanish poon all day got 6, and the black guy who smoked in the bathroom and sold weed got 6 too. There was another black guy with plates in his head that also got 6. I felt like I was obviously unwanted.

So, I figure it'd only be for a week and I let it slide without saying anything about it. The same thing happened the next week, which was today. I had my 2nd sunday only shift in a row, and was able to look at the schedule for next week, and saw that I only had 1 sunday shift again. Noticing that today, I figured I'd put in an application at the new smoothie shop that opened down the road and turn in my two week notification if I got the job as the smoothie place is hiring full time.

Well, I was on what I figured was my last shift. It was about 8'o clock and I was busy cleaning out the deep fryer. It was broken too, so I had to scoop 1/2 gallons of hot grease off of the ground and put it back into the bins as the pump wasn't working. When it got to the point I couldn't scoop anymore, I picked up the bin and tryed to pour it into the deep fryer. The seal broke on it and grease poured all over the floor. That wasn't unusual for the kitchen, but refilling the deep fryer by hand was. The 300 degree grease came so close to my crotch, luckily it didn't spill on me as I would have been castrated in a matter of minutes.

So I clean up the mess and as I'm walking back from the back of the kitchen to the fryer to continue working, the black manager is there. She asked me too cook some mozz. sticks and asked why I hadn't yet. I told her that I had been busy doing something else and that I should 'get my head out of my ass'. That was the last straw, I went to the back of the kitchen and took my uniform off and left a note saying 'head out of ass, I quit'. I didn't even tell anyone, I just left.

Now, I've got a $50 paycheck coming in on tuesday that I'm probably not even going to pick up. That place makes me sick, from the reused floor food to the pissy managers to the 100 degree kitchen. I don't know wtf to think about the whole situation, but it had some really sucky times.

I hate to sound like I'm raving on a good vibe forum, but I just felt like getting it out. As of now, I'm probably going to turn in my app to the smoothie place and hope I get that job. If not, I'm going to sell a lot of shit and start up a glass blowing hobby.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: Good read if your stoned and bored [Re: alienscience]
    #569365 - 07/03/11 10:52 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

im not stoned, so i didnt read this

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: Good read if your stoned and bored [Re: still beLIEve]
    #569366 - 07/03/11 10:54 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Text is way too long for me to read it while baked ... I get difficulties speaking in english and reading it when really baked ...

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: Good read if your stoned and bored [Re: Manitou]
    #569522 - 07/04/11 06:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i started reading, but got distracted.

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: Good read if your stoned and bored [Re: alienscience]
    #569610 - 07/04/11 11:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You'd be a fool not to get your 50 dollar paycheck. That is all.

OfflineRedAshes
Re: Good read if your stoned and bored *DELETED* [Re: Tangerines]
    #569618 - 07/05/11 12:32 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by RedAshes

Reason for deletion: delete

OfflineRedAshes
Re: Good read if your stoned and bored *DELETED* [Re: RedAshes]
    #569619 - 07/05/11 12:34 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by RedAshes

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: Good read if your stoned and bored [Re: RedAshes]
    #569620 - 07/05/11 12:34 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It could be the CIA fucking with you.

OfflineRedAshes
Re: Good read if your stoned and bored *DELETED* [Re: Tangerines]
    #569621 - 07/05/11 12:36 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by RedAshes

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#569622 - 07/05/11 12:37 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yea, because they are constantly revising and elaborating this tale just to fuck with you.

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: Good read if your stoned and bored [Re: Tangerines]
    #569634 - 07/05/11 01:15 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
Yea, because they are constantly revising and elaborating this tale just to fuck with you.

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineRedAshes
Re: Good read if your stoned and bored *DELETED* [Re: still beLIEve]
    #569637 - 07/05/11 01:21 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by RedAshes

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#569638 - 07/05/11 01:28 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yea, they shoot people with AIDS guns.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order