Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
Nutrients
    #568564 - 06/29/11 10:06 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'm very confused about how much food I should be giving my plants. I started my first dwc 5 gallon bucket on June 2nd with 3 plants. I added 4 2/5 tsp/ 4 2/5 gallons of Grow Big according to the FoxFarm feeding schedule. The plants are looking pretty good, no clear signs of deficiencies - after 3 weeks they still feeding on the original 4 2/5 tsp. The FoxFarm schedule says to add more every week.... but if they're still good then I'm thinking I overfed them

Should I stick to the schedule and clean out my reservoir every week? Or should I just forget about the schedule and listen to the plants?

I was also wondering if the water level should be kept constant or if I can let it lower.

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nutrients [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #568577 - 06/29/11 10:29 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I strongly recommend a PPM meter.
That will help you will control of your feed mix.
I also recommend changing the res every 7-10 days.
I don't know much about fox farms, so I can't help much more than that sorry.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Re: Nutrients [Re: Stoneth]
    #568607 - 06/30/11 12:18 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Damn, I knew I should've bought one before when I was getting everything

However I think I've got an emergency situation where all plants have to go outside. This whole thing was an experiment so I wouldn't be that upset if the 3 died, but is it possible to transplant them into soil? They're looking pretty nice and I'd like to see the end product :gethigh: Oh and I'd be using FoxFarm Ocean Forest

--------------------
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

Edited by MonsignorBerric (06/30/11 12:22 AM)

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Nutrients [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #568678 - 06/30/11 12:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yea, you might shock them a little, ease them in to the environment but you should have no real problems if you do it properly.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Re: Nutrients [Re: mhbound]
    #569050 - 07/02/11 12:54 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Awesome thanks. I think I'll give them a little Super Thrive for the stress and hope all goes well

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds