Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLysergic72
Stranger
 User Gallery
Hey new member! And question on mother
    #567712 - 06/27/11 02:56 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'm a new member saying Hi!

I was directed here by a growery member when I posted on shroomery. Not only do I love this site but I have a question on a plant. This mother seems quite healthy by site, however it's food leaves are in 3 fingers, I'm new to this so I assume it's a stress thing. But I read quite a bit it can be a strain thing. This is a mysterious strain. She was a bit droopy so I upped the fans RPM, and raised the light as it was quite warm in there (38 degrees +) and the leaves speak out like so in  pic. A. looking healthy to me anyway. What do you think people? This is under a brand new 400 watt agricultural light.

A:

B:

Also, do people ever successfully identify a mysterious strain of indica like so online? :cool: :stoned:

Thanks all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
Re: Hey new member! And question on mother [Re: Lysergic72]
    #567763 - 06/27/11 11:32 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Welcome to the growery!
Your mother plant looks good, I'd say it's genetics. Did you have 5 fingers before? Or did it always have 3? If it used to have 5 and went down to 3 then that's gotta be stress.
38C is very hot. You need to get it down to around 24C, maybe 27C max. I'm pretty sure anything over 80F will need C02 enrichment.
The new growth looks kind of spindly, but that's probably just because it's the new growth.
IMO it's next to impossible to accurately identify a strain because there's so many.

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

Offlinespacebearsgarden
Stranger
Re: Hey new member! And question on mother [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #568174 - 06/28/11 08:52 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The 3 leaves thing just happens sometimes, could be a weird phenotype or some kind or random genetic roulette that was exacerbated by your grow room conditions.  38C is really, really hot - the growth following stress like that is definitely going to be stretchy and spindly but if you can keep the room cool from now on you should be able to recover. 

If you aren't digging the mother, you should take a few clones and flower them quickly to see how they do and see if its even worth keeping or if you should just flower it out.

OfflineLysergic72
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Hey new member! And question on mother [Re: spacebearsgarden]
    #569628 - 07/05/11 12:59 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hey again

I must bump, got some questions about pruning and now you mention it, cloning. Should I start pruning as now it's entering flowering stage. If so, what foliage should I remove? And what parts can I use for clones? About 2 days ago my room mate change my light cycle to 24 hours. Tonight around 9:00 the timer should turn the lights off and give it 8 hours sleep, this is my regular light cycle (16 on 8 off)

Here's a few extra update photos:

A:

B:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds