Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedepurps909
Stranger

DWC buckets DOs and DONTs.
    #560729 - 06/01/11 01:23 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hey fellow growers i recently invested in six DWC bubbleponic style bucket system and have ran into to a few things i didnt think about before buying this equipment. Here are some tips about things your gonna come across using this system.personally im switching to a flood table asap i just cannot keep up with caeing for each buckets it takes hours just to flll and nute. so hopes this helps here go.
1-now if you just want a bucket system for a couple of mothers then thats great -but me im  growing six plants in six diffrent buckets and its hard work. due to the fact that when feeding day comes around i have to clean each bucket,measure gallons going into each bucket and then do the nute mix-not only am i using tons of ph down and up but tons of nutes-and like i said i spend about 2.5 hrs every friday doing this -it is not fun.
2.second you might think the more coverd your roots are the better. but thats not the case you can easily drown your plants by having too much water which then leads to root rot then death.
3. i dont why but my buckets leak from the top i think to much water which every leads to a watey mess.
.Now a few of the good things are its very simple to do.but only if its just a couple -i had 50 of these i would spend 10 hrs a week refiling them so this really isnt the way to go if your gonna be growing from start to finish -and plus i spent sSSSOOOO much money on air pumps air stones buckets nets clay pebble etc when i coulda got a concrete mixing tub drilled two holes in it then add'ed drain fill fittingss then have a great flood table for 40 dollars . SO please if your going with this style cause you think its not gonna to hard of work your wrong is hard .make a flood table i rec and use these for mothers. thank you.
DWC
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (06/01/11 01:22 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: DWC buckets DOs and DONTs. *DELETED* [Re: depurps909]
    #560838 - 06/01/11 05:52 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: d

Edited by wishcouldeletethis (06/01/11 06:49 PM)

Offlinedepurps909
Stranger

Re: DWC buckets DOs and DONTs. [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #567113 - 06/24/11 06:36 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Jeez lamp shade wats with the attuide. Go smoke a joint then get online. I was just saying bubbleponic buckets are hard work to maintain. Sorry I'm not a pro like you.

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: DWC buckets DOs and DONTs. *DELETED* [Re: depurps909]
    #567265 - 06/25/11 11:45 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: d

Offlinedepurps909
Stranger

Re: DWC buckets DOs and DONTs. [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #568553 - 06/29/11 09:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

HEY thanks for the cool reply. but you are right lack of experience on my part, as the grow is going on things are becoming easier and less time consuming, For instance i been running into salt build up so i got some florrakleen and i use it about every two weeks, also my plants are weak stemmed and not as good as they should be. im gonna get additives to add to my csn17 base, also im finally gonna get trimming shears so i can stop using my fingers because i gave  one of my girls root rot and had to toss her, so gonna def sterlize my tools ,gonna be sealing off my area,and i think i should be okay, im only in a 4 by 4 area with 4 buckets one soil and gonna add a small flood syste, probly six plants. NO carbon filter or squarl fan yet. just fans and openned windows during lights on. i think ill be okay with out the carbon filter and intake fan for now. and azmax for mold,bug. etc. Please add anything help,advice ,info you msy have i would really appreciate it. also i dont check ppm yet . thanks

Offlinedepurps909
Stranger

Re: DWC buckets DOs and DONTs. [Re: depurps909]
    #568554 - 06/29/11 09:38 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

oh gonna be buying Sillicone blast,LIQUID karma,Cal-Mag,Aqua shield. all for veg stage all from Botanicare .thanks

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: DWC buckets DOs and DONTs. [Re: depurps909]
    #568556 - 06/29/11 09:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Those are some good additives, for both veg and flower.
I'm guessing you plan on using PBP grow in veg, PBP Bloom in flower as well, right.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlinejomamameister
Stranger

Re: DWC buckets DOs and DONTs. [Re: Stoneth]
    #574696 - 07/26/11 09:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i would like to add something about DWC, other than I love it- it is never necessary to use the grow rocks or a net basket-period. combined they are a heavy, expensive PITA.
Why not, you may ask? It is so simple. i use 5 gal buckets or even 18 gal tubs from anywhere and make sure the tops are impervious to light--if not you will have algae growth eventually. I cut a 2" hole in the top for each plant and a 1/4" hole for airstone tubing, maybe even two 6-12" airstones depending on how many gallons of water being used. once the plant has gotten roots a couple of inches long by growing in potting soil, i wash off the grow media (i know you can't get it all off-doesn't matter), wrap the stem with some fiberfil from walmart sewing dept., and place in the hole--and be sure to bring your initial water level very close to those roots. the fiberfil gives some support to a very light plant and will keep it inplace when you place in the hole. after the plant has grown taller i push it over on its side where it reorients growing--i know there will be a slight interruption in the growth hormones, but it equalizes very quickly. by pushing the plant over i avoid the need for a grow pot of any sort and the plant is supported by lying on top of the grow chamber. eventually you may have to string up the plants, but usually that would be done anyway once it gets big enough. for the most part, the mass of the roots-- and they do get massive in DWC, will offset the top mass of plant material to help keep it upright.
Caveat--you have to be careful not to overfill your buckets once your plants have become well-established, because they develop 3 distinct root types in hydro, and one type is an air root needed for oxygen derived from the air. significant experiments have been conducted in hydro growing and it is amazing what they have learned and passed on to us.
jomamameister

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds