Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

DWC SCrog Idea I had.... Want opinions
    #594049 - 10/25/11 04:16 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

So I built a 20g dwc bin

Then I started reading further and thought...  Maybe I should do a scrog.  It seems to get you more yields.  SO im trying to figure out what I might have I can use.  Then I remembered I picked something up that someone was throwing away.

I was thinkin maybe just put it on top of the bin itself and turn  a few shelves upside down.  Turns out the bottom screen is 8 in from the pots.  The second screen is 12 inch from the first screen.  Now there is a dead area in the middle where the shelves meet.  Can anyone see why this would not work??  An thoughts or opinions??? 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: DWC SCrog Idea I had.... Want opinions [Re: phrostbyte]
    #594063 - 10/25/11 06:44 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I can tell ya that it will be heavy to pick up when you need to change your reservoir...

I've always just imagined I would use a PVC framework either attached to the bucket lid or independantly supported by legs.

I haven't gotten to the point of using a scrog yet, so I'm definitely no expert. But I did have 5 mothers in DWC buckets and then they got big, just changing those 3 gallon buckets was a 2-person job... I would imagine something that heavy, on top of a lid that isn't completely rigid wouldn't be very easy to move around.

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: DWC SCrog Idea I had.... Want opinions [Re: Tank333]
    #594064 - 10/25/11 06:48 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I would use that to keep my misc. supplies handy and organized in the grow room, rather than scattered all over. Keep your nutes in the deep one in the bottom and everything else in the shallower ones.

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: DWC SCrog Idea I had.... Want opinions [Re: Tank333]
    #594175 - 10/26/11 03:24 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well I would cut in in half.  and its not like steel.  its fairly light.  I guess my concern is if the holes in the baskets aren't big enough.  there like 1sq inch holes

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: DWC SCrog Idea I had.... Want opinions [Re: phrostbyte]
    #594704 - 10/30/11 01:09 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I had trouble using 1 inch openings. 
You are going to want access to the under side for tying down purposes.
Personally I would go another route.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: FurrowedBrow, Magash, Data, Dr. Siekadellyk, phychotron
1,847 topic views. 1 members, 70 guests and 122 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.016 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.