Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Pineapple Express & Humbolt super Fruit
    #555987 - 05/16/11 12:40 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

So, after our first try having to be scrapped, we decided to try again with already established clones. Last week we picked up a small Humbolt Super Fruit clone, and today we brought home a Pineapple Express baby to join her.

We have them on an 18 and 6 schedule right now, since we're trying to conserve on our electric bill. I'm pretty sure that between the 4 fans, the air pump and the light, it's gonna be a pretty high bill, and we want to cut that down as much as we can during this.

Here's the HSF that's been just going to town since we got her last week.

This here is the tall and kinda spindly Pineapple Express that we brought home today.

Unfortunately, while giving the HSF a close examination today, we discovered some fungal-like growth on some of the stems and leaves of the lowest nodes.

I'm not sure what it is, but I'm reading Jorge Cervantes' bible to try and figure out what it is... Anyone on here have a guess for me in the meantime? We did use a bakingsoda and dishsoap solution to help at least stop the advance of the fungus for the time being, until we can identify and eliminate it...

--------------------
My best run so far

Edited by Tank333 (05/16/11 12:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: Pineapple Express & Humbolt super Fruit [Re: Tank333]
    #555988 - 05/16/11 12:43 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:awesomenod::popcorn:

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Pineapple Express & Humbolt super Fruit [Re: T-Rex]
    #555992 - 05/16/11 01:46 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well, when I first looked up baking soda in Jorge's bible, it said that it only worked to STOP fungus, not to eradicate it...

But after just maybe an hour, it looks like the spray has turned the fungus into nothing but small little crusties here and there... Just 2 tsp of baking soda and 3-5 drops of dish soap in a gallon of water. Sprayed it with that, and viola!! No more fungi on the stems!

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

#556043 - 05/16/11 08:52 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome, are you combining H202 in their res?

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Pineapple Express & Humbolt super Fruit [Re: alienscience]
    #556061 - 05/16/11 10:13 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

No, we aren't. We are using techniflora's "recipe for success", and it seems to be doing well with just that... why do you ask?

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

#556342 - 05/17/11 01:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I just thought putting some Hydrogen Peroxide in their res might help kill of unwanted bacteria.  The best thing I can recomend is to keep their water as cold as possible.  I've got some extra air pumps by the way.  Would you be interested in trading or buying them?

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Pineapple Express & Humbolt super Fruit [Re: alienscience]
    #556431 - 05/17/11 08:43 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well, that actually might be a good idea. How much per gallon of water should I use? And should I get anything special, or just the regular stuff in the brown bottle?

We ended up moving the entire tent out of our bedroom and into the dining room. The light has been on a kinda irregular schedule due to the neighbor complaining about the fan's noise, so there might be a little funkyness from that in future growth. Hopefully not, but we'll see.

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#556681 - 05/19/11 02:44 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

So... we are still having an issue with the fungus in the bottom of the plant. We are wanting to treat with some hydrogen peroxide, but we are unsure if it will cause a PH fluctuation, and also unsure of how much to use.

Its really nice how we're getting to be able to identify problems right away! Today when we turned off the lights, I gave the Humbolt and PX a good dousing of the soap & baking soda because the fungus had seemed to creep back a little. Well, it worked, but I didn't realise that I had clogged all the poor girl's pores, and so when the light came back on, she couldn't breathe and started to wilt. FORTUNATELY, my girl checked in on her right as she started going down, and we went into freakout mode. We gave ourselves a rundown of everything it could be. We decided that it could be she needed that spray washed off, but we figured the main reason was it had been since Friday that the rez had been changed.

So I rinsed her with a good spray of clean water as my girl started prepping 3 new gallons of nute water. Wonder of wonders, halfway through prepping the water she starts perking right up again!!

After dumping the old water, I found this:

I thought that it was just residue from the nutes, but my girl says that the gritty sludge is new. She's changed the water each other time before, so she would know.

Either way, she's looking great. The old heat damage is looking smaller and smaller behind the lush new growth. We decided that they had aclimated to the the light well enough, and we lowered it to about 22" above the plants... it immediatly raised the temp around the plants, so we re-arranged the ducting to bring cool air in, and it's fixed. I can take a pic of that tomorrow when the light goes off.

Here's how she looks now after a PH'd rez change...

So we still want to know how much peroxide to use, and what does it do to the ph?

Also, how would I lower the temperature of the water in a DWC?

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #556727 - 05/19/11 11:59 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The peroxide pH will be dependent on the percentage of concentration...but it will lower your pH.

Also, your water temperature is likely the cause to that gunk.  Where is it at? Also do you have reflective tape on your reservoir to keep out light?

I have seen a number of DWC systems with chillers or make sure your reservoir is outside of your grow area.

BTW those fan leaves are phat! Looking forward to your grow:popcorn:

--------------------
x:tongue:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pineapple Express & Humbolt super Fruit [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #556729 - 05/19/11 12:53 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

What's the pedigree on the PE? The one I grew was Pineapple Kush x Trainwreck and was literally my favorite strain I've ever grown. I REAAALLLLYYY hope that's what you've got :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Pineapple Express & Humbolt super Fruit [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #557944 - 05/24/11 05:53 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You know Harry, I'm not too sure of the strains that went into her. She's definitely growing up quite well though. Just yesterday she was starting to show roots in the bucket, after only 7 days in the DWC! Now she's got em all over sticking out the bottom of the basket.

We're still struggling with some sort of issues with the HSF. There's a wierd discoloration on the stem that I'm worried is still some remnants of fungus. In the picture here you can see the difference in the stem from just below to just above the second node.

We are also thinking that she's suffering from a bit of excess salts... The reasons are because I'm seeing a lot of the upper leaves getting large ridges and they're getting a bit of a dark edge on the leaves.

It might also be heat stress though, because the daytime temperatures fluctuate so damn much here in N. Seattle that we can't seem to get it at a regular temp. We're staying pretty much within 75 & 83, but we're all over the board between the two marks. Is that enough to stress the plant out and cause those symptoms?

The Pineapple Express is showing plenty of new growth. She's still a bit tall and spindly, but in a couple days when I lay her down with some LST she'll be looking better, I think.

The Blueberry girls are doing okay... The first one is showing some signs of new growth, but the second I'm not really holing out much hope for. We'll see...

We also went to the hydro store this morning, and picked up some Roots Organic "Oregonism" it's a soluble root growth enhancer (but it sure didn't dissolve very well! lol) It's got 6 different mycorrhizae speices, 2 trichoderma, 13 strains of "beneficial bacteria" along with yucca and soluble kelp. We're hoping that this will help the issues that the HSF is having. If it helps, once the rest of the girls get roots they'll get the spores too...

The biggest problem I have with this stuff is it made it REALLY hard to read the PH. This is what it looked like BEFORE I put in the drops (I REALLY need a digital PH reader!!):

God, I SOO thought I was pretty well prepared for this, but MAN was I wrong! haha! We changed all the buckets today. I'm torn now, because manually changing 4 different 3 gallon buckets (and eventually they'll be 5 gallon) is very time consuming. I mean, it didn't help that we ran out of Sugar Daddy and had to go get more, so that turned it into a 2 hour process.. I want to put all the mothers onto a single rez system, so I only have to deal with changing one bucket out. It will also cut down in the time needed for the daily PH checks too, since that takes FOREVER if they all end up needing to be changed. BUT... If they all go onto one rez and they each end up having different nutrient needs, I'm gonna be screwed, right?

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#561709 - 06/03/11 09:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Its been a while since I've updated this thread... here's how the two girls are looking so far...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
    #563248 - 06/09/11 12:58 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Fuck yeah nice they look really healthy now!!!!! :eek:

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Pineapple Express & Humbolt super Fruit [Re: Doc]
    #563251 - 06/09/11 01:02 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Man, you should see em now! They're HUGE! Lol. I'm gonna be ready to pull clones off them soon!

Let me finish this bowl and I'll go take new pics!  :getstoned:

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#563295 - 06/09/11 03:11 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Kk... here's the new pics of the girls!!
This is the Humbolt SuperFruit. She's been doing great! Bushy as all hell. I had to get my girl to hold back the leaves so I could get the pic of the stem!

This is the Pineapple Express. She's doing way better than when we got her. Taller and stretchier than the HSF, but still going to make a great mother!

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#564053 - 06/12/11 10:45 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

We picked up 3 new little girls today. Right after the Cannabis Farmers Market in Tacoma, we went and picked up the first on, the Purple Mango. Her mother is a feminized F1 hybrid between Purple Urkle and Mango Kush. She's the only one we got the specific genetics for.

She is really short, but she had good roots showing, so she'll be great, I'm sure.

The other two we got from another guy. The Super Silver Haze has nice and long, finger-like leaves. She was rooted in a 2x2 square of rockwool.

The last one, the Burmese Kush is the tallest of the three. She's 8 3/4" tall in the pot! Nice thick, wide leaf blades, but she needs to get some thickness in her stalk.

Here's all five of them in the tent. Its getting REALLY crowded. I'm glad we're not gonna be getting any more mothers! 5 buckets is already enough to be checking the ph every day...

I think its funny that we have to keep the two we already have going on the outside to keep from overshadowing the others and blocking them from light.

I didn't get a chance to try topping on the first two, but I'm gonna try it on the SSH and BK. I was thinking about just taking the top 3 inches and trying to get that to root. We're gonna be cutting clones off the HSF and PX here in the next week, so we can just keep em all together. Its really rediculous. There's about 2 dozen cuttings that are ready to be cut off the bottom of EACH of the ladies! We just need enough for a flourecent to put them under, and a medium to root them in (along with a tray, heating mat and humidity dome)... So, we need another bill fifty or so before we can clip em...

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinecrackrocker00
Stranger
    #564312 - 06/14/11 07:44 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Nice goin dude. I still havent even had my first grow, still amassing equipment for when me and my wife move into a house. Your temps worry me! Ive got a 1000 watt and its air cooled, (as you know from the extensive questions i have asked you about it), and lets just say where I am it get a HELL of a lot hotter than it does in Seattle. And your exhausting the air directly from the hood?
Sucks about the fungus, id find that dirty old hippie that sold u a sick clone and mop the floor w/his dreadz. I looked through the bible too and couldnt see anything that looked like that, all the color pics are of nutrient deficiencies.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Pineapple Express & Humbolt super Fruit [Re: crackrocker00]
    #564314 - 06/14/11 07:57 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks man! We do still have some temp issues when there's a nice sunny day. The dark cycle definitely isn't getting as cool as it should be. Have you looked into a watercooled hood system? Aside from simply getting an AC unit for your room, that's really the only other option I know of to combat heat issues.

The fungus isn't so much of an issue anymore. We got it under control with some H2o2 and beneficials. A week with the peroxide in the rez, then changed the rez and innocculated with the beneficials... it hasn't been an issue since.

As for the shady guy who sold me crappy clones, that's what I get for not checking the sources before buying. If I had inspected them closely, I would have realized they weren't rooted. They were actually cut just the day he brought em to me! Lol $10 is a cheap price to pay for the lesson. At least he didn't bring me mites ot anything like that! *knocks on wood*

I need to get the cloning equipment soon! there's at least 40 clones I can clip between the two girls, and its only getting worse... jesus, this crap is getting more expensive by the day! Lol. I'll be at $2k spent here soon...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#566502 - 06/22/11 06:55 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

9 days since I put up new pics?? Wow, I didn't realize its been that long. Guess I've just been too busy with the new job and all...

Well, yesterday I got off work 2 hours early, so we went shopping, and came home with a 4 bulb 4 foot t-5 fixture, a humidity dome and tray, and a heating mat. Oh, and a mat of rapid rooter plugs, too. We clipped 10 clones off of the Pineapple Express and 15 off of the Humbolt Superfruit.

I don't have the time before work to upload pictures, but my girl will do so in a couple of hours...

As for the other girls: the Humbolt and Pineapple are both hella HUGE now! It was so hard to get inside to clip clones that were the closest to the stalk and the bottom of the plant... I almost wanted to thin it out some more, as I kept finding slightly stunted leaves in there from the lack of light! Haha

The new girls are coming along well.  I think we damaged the Purple Mango a bit more than we wanted to during transplant, because she didn't show any signs of new growth until about two days ago. She's a trooper though, and she's starting to get a little bigger. The other two, however, the Super Silver Haze and the Burmese Kush are doing well. I've got them tied down, and they're responding very well to the lst...

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#566510 - 06/22/11 07:47 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Waiting to see those sexy ladies..

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies