Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepaducahovoids
Stranger
 User Gallery
first post! first pic! need advice update,06/19 new pics
    #563716 - 06/11/11 06:11 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

So, I'm a "transplant" from the shroomery. I got tired of getting shitty deals on bull-shit weed, and that compelled me to start this grow.
Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? seed
2. How old are your plants? about 3 weeks
3. How tall are your plants? about 9 inches
4. What size containers are they planted in? 6 in. diameter pots
5. What is your soil mix? miracle grow potting soil
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? about every other day, tap water
7. What is the pH of your water? IDK, I have a couple of water test kits, I'll get them out shortly
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? no fertilizer yet
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? not yet
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 250w hps,"street-light"
11. How close are your lights to the plants? Lipa gave me an awesome chart on the shroomery, that I use, I'd say 11-12 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? It doesn't have side yet, so it's huge
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?room temp. and humidity. 70's-80's f
14. What is the pH of the soil? IDK
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? yes, but I don't know what they are. Look like mushroom flies. Delta winged and long-legged
16. How much experience do you have growing? I grew 4 females in my closet 10 years ago. I used to own marijuana botony and read it a few times, thats it

I couldn't find one speck of info on pinecone kush, would it be a sativa dominant? I'm guessing this plant is, because the leaves are so fat, and it's pretty short. Any information/good links one could provide would be greatly appreciated
thanks!:thumbup:

Edited by paducahovoids (06/19/11 12:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: first post! first pic! need advice [Re: paducahovoids]
    #563731 - 06/11/11 07:49 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/53005

Indica doms are usually fat leaved and short and sativa doms are skinny leaved and taller etc etc.. Fill out the information from the above link the best you can, but your problem is most likely some type of nute lock out especially if you're using miracle grow and plain tap water, your PH is probably sky high.

Offlinepaducahovoids
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: first post! first pic! need advice [Re: c99hunter]
    #563732 - 06/11/11 07:53 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for the tips, buddy! I'll check that link out. Apparently I had the sativa/indica thing backwards:sad:it's gonna be a long education

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
    #563739 - 06/11/11 09:15 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I would say you need to test the PH of the water and the run off of the soil, I almost guarantee it's way too high. Also, do you notice anything on the UNDER side of the leaves? Check the leaves with the white spots on them and see if you see anything. You could also put some white paper under some of the leaves and tap or shake them and then look at the paper and see if you see anything on the paper, and report back here with your findings. :thumbup:

Offlinepaducahovoids
Stranger
 User Gallery

#563828 - 06/11/11 06:55 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Wow! I had some free samples of aquacheck( a pool water test strip) it said my chlorine was 0.5 ppm, and my ph was 8.4! What should I do? I have some limestone flour, can I use that? I'm glad you compelled me to dig that out c99hunter! edit; oops, no I need some kinda acid

Edited by paducahovoids (06/11/11 07:04 PM)

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

#563829 - 06/11/11 07:07 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

You've got a lot of lights on that plant, what type of box or environment are they in?  Also, I did some research and came across a similar pinecone strain.  I found a read up on 'purple pinecone'.  I know people cross-breed a lot of purple and kush strains to play around with the Indica traits, but at first thought I figured you had an outdoor strain that probably originated in the woods or a forest.  Looks fun though, definately a hardy plant.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Offlinepaducahovoids
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: first post! first pic! need advice [Re: alienscience]
    #563834 - 06/11/11 07:26 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

there are no walls today, but I will be puting some up tomorrow. Since it's a streetlight, It probably doesn't have the output of a dedicated 250w hps grow-light. I have 2 I hope to use one for veg. and one to fruit. This plant is stout! The largest leaflets are4 over 2 inches wide. The distance between internodes is 1/2 inch!

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #563839 - 06/11/11 07:49 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

pH problem I bet a dollar. They look thirsty but the soil is moist, I think... that's why I said it.

edit:
Miracle grow potting soil, there it is...At least go get some perlite with nothing on it(not miracle grow) and mix it in to help ease the miracle grow nutrients....maybe.

Get a new soil if you can. Any local garden shop has it much cheaper and much better quality.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Edited by mhbound (06/11/11 11:45 PM)

Offlinepaducahovoids
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: first post! first pic! need advice [Re: mhbound]
    #563840 - 06/11/11 07:51 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

what do you suggest I use to lower it?

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #563852 - 06/11/11 08:43 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

pH down

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

Re: first post! first pic! need advice [Re: muse42]
    #563859 - 06/11/11 09:33 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Lol, a street light?  Did you gank boulevard's night time sun machine?:thebaron:

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Offlinepaducahovoids
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: first post! first pic! need advice [Re: alienscience]
    #563894 - 06/12/11 06:53 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I work construction. We were on a job, a pharmacy. They had tore all the buildings/sidewalks/streetlights out, and they were just laying there in the grass. I asked the superintendant if I could have them. I told him I was going to sell the ballasts on e-bay :dancer:

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
    #563900 - 06/12/11 08:14 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

paducahovoids said:
I work construction. We were on a job, a pharmacy. They had tore all the buildings/sidewalks/streetlights out, and they were just laying there in the grass. I asked the superintendant if I could have them. I told him I was going to sell the ballasts on e-bay :dancer:

Hey! It'll work, it's free, and it's better then CFLs! :thumbup: I would at least shell out some cash for a new bulb, if you're using the one that was with the lamp, then it is WAYYYY too old and is just wasting your electric. It may look bright and all that but the lumen output is completely diminished because it has probably running forever and never been changed.

I would go to the hydro store an d grab a new bulb and a bag of soil and a bottle of ph down. You can use PH down to bring down the PH of your water before you water the plants. And pretty sure you can use aluminum sulfate in the soil to bring down the PH instantly, but would be better to just change the soil and start watering with the correct PH'd water :thumbup:

Offlinepaducahovoids
Stranger
 User Gallery

#563931 - 06/12/11 11:11 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

:sad:man, I don't have a cent to spend right now. I do have a bunch of mycology supplies. PLEASE someone, help me figure this out.
stuff I have;
1 bag of "humus/manure compost"
perlite, I could scoop some from the F/c
vermiculite, several quarts
miracle-grow potting soil, nearly a whole bag
coir-half a brick
cow shit-a couple patties
topsoil-in my yard
ground limestone-a big bag
sphagnum- half a bag
    It seems like with all of this, I should be able to work it out. Recommendations?

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
    #564094 - 06/13/11 07:12 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

The thing I would do is mix some perlite up with the miracle grow :shrug: And at least bring the ph of your water down. I've read you can use vinegar and similar houshold things but I have never looked too much into that so I can't really comfortably recommend anything without having better knowledge of it, sorry. :/

InvisibleWeilii Wonka
Phytophile

Loc: 0291939292849392948393284...
    #564396 - 06/14/11 01:56 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

paducahovoids said:
:sad:man, I don't have a cent to spend right now. I do have a bunch of mycology supplies. PLEASE someone, help me figure this out.
stuff I have;
1 bag of "humus/manure compost"
perlite, I could scoop some from the F/c
vermiculite, several quarts
miracle-grow potting soil, nearly a whole bag
coir-half a brick
cow shit-a couple patties
topsoil-in my yard
ground limestone-a big bag
sphagnum- half a bag
    It seems like with all of this, I should be able to work it out. Recommendations?

Use the manure, some of the perlite, some of the coir, and some limestone to balance pH to make some compost for your plants later. You can make some killer shit own your own. It'll probably be ready by next year.

You can use some of the coir and perlite to stretch out your mircale-gro and at the end of the season add it to one of your inactive compost piles.

Just remember for cannabis, an acidic soil pH is better than an alkaline pH.

Offlinepaducahovoids
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: first post! first pic! need advice [Re: Weilii Wonka]
    #565677 - 06/19/11 12:34 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

update; I repotted the pinecone kush, as it had outgrown the .25 gallon pot it was in. I started some new ones. Things are looking good. Sorry about the exposure, taking pics under that light gives my camera fits. In the 5 gallon bucket, I used a little compost, vermiculite, perlite, spagnum, and miricle grow. It's stinkin' my whole house up. I need to study up on air-scrubbers. Thanks everyone, for your replies :bow2:

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#565680 - 06/19/11 12:39 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

What is your soil? They look better but they are wilting I still think its somewhere in your pH...Check the pH of your water before watering(let it sit out 24-48 hours before using and after you water check your run off you can use those ones they use for fish tanks until you can get a better one.

It looks better and will only get better but i STILL THINK you have a small problem.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinepaducahovoids
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: first post! first pic! need advice [Re: mhbound]
    #565685 - 06/19/11 12:49 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

thanks man, I agree, something still isn't perfect. It's miracle-grow potting soild, with that extra stuff I just mentioned. I'm suprised at the growth in 8 days, since I took those last pics. It now has 9 sets of branches! I've been watering with rain-water, or bottled drinking water. Think I should top this plant? Should I go ahead and flower it? How old should I let it get, before flowering?

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#565687 - 06/19/11 12:55 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

It looks a little hot temperature wise, and maybe a little hot on nutrients(get a small fan blowing lightly on the plant to help fresh air a little that may help so would pointing a fan directly at the lamp,,,but yea it did grow a lot just by doing that.

I wouldn't top that plant its going tghrough enough stress as it is...The more you do the more it take to reocver. When you flower expect it to grow another 2-3 feet but I would get them a little more healthy before flowering.

What is the NPK of the miracle grow?

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract