Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineEnthrall
Stranger
How weed has benefited you?
    #563483 - 06/10/11 03:05 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'd first like to say sup growery. I basically live in the shroomery so :heart:

First question. Does marijuana change the way your brain fires or something?

As far as the chemistry of it I could use some enlightening.

I've been a smoker in the past and never have I encountered weed that I have. Inspiring creativity and deep thought. Not only that but when Im sober I think in different ways. More wiser I guess. Anyway I realized that I wasnt happy before, maybe cause I had gotten so used to how things where. I didnt know happiness and without knowing it. How could I identify it.

I can now say Im a much happier and excepting person. Life is much easier to except the way it is. I've been able to move on from my past. Finally I can let go. The biggest has been believing in myself(gaining confidence) Everything I enjoy so much more(when sober) I feel a breeze and it feels like the first breeze I ever felt. I wanna say that all the experiences I took for granted, Im re-experiencing in a different light. Its like my brain was reboot:sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemellowparty
Ribosome user

Loc: 3'-UTR Flag
Re: How weed has benefited you? [Re: Enthrall]
    #563496 - 06/10/11 06:10 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

As far as the chemistry of it I could use some enlightening.

The normal function of the cannabinoid receptors is to slow down your brain so it doesn't damage itself from too much excitability. If the nerve signal travels from cell A to cell B then cannabinoid signalling is retrograde with respect to that. Cell B will tell cell A to stfu if cell A is :twitchy: and cannabinoids are used for that.

In essence you feel good because in one part of the brain cannabinoids inhibit GABAergic neurons that in turn inhibit dopamine release. So double inhibition means stimulation of dopaminergic neurons ie :feelsgoodman:

If you take a brain, slice it and incubate with a radioactive cannabinoid agonist you'll notice where the receptors are. One part (I think the globus pallidus) that filters out incoming crappy information. Thats why the world seems interesting when you are high, cause you notice all sorts of random shit which your globus pallidus is no longer able to ignore.

It also makes food more palatable and inhibits leptin signalling which is where the satiety thing comes from. The two pathways are mutually inhibitory so don't eat a shitload if you just smoked your last bit. You'll regret it :shrug:

Its mildly cardiotoxic and fucks up with fatty acid metabolism and alters liver function.

It hasn't done anything for me. I met a bunch of people but nothing else apart from slowing me down :ohwell:

Acid on the other hand owns weed :fonz: Acid is where its at

The video explains the medical stuff so if you find this interesting check it out.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: How weed has benefited you? [Re: Enthrall]
    #563497 - 06/10/11 06:11 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Weed has made me see that its OK to be me. My brain has always worked fucked up in comparison to normal society. Weed has helped me meet people with similar minds to mine, and has helped me connect with the people I already knew on a deeper level. Weed has given me a hobby and something to be good at. Weed hasn't GIVEN me purpose, but it sure has helped define what was already there. Oh, and not to mention that it keeps my pseudotumor in check and stops me from having to get horrible medical procedures and take nasty meds. 

:heart: :potleaf: :heart:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules