Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA Day InThe Life
Stranger
stealth grow box idea
    #560863 - 06/01/11 08:03 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

hey, I'm from the shroomery but recently was thinking about starting a grow so here I am.

I just wanted to ask ya guys for some advice. I'm planning on starting a stealth grow just cause I don't really trust my roomates and would rather keep it quiet.

heres what I was thinking, I have a couple of old speakers with the following dimensions each (30"H,16"W,12"D) is this enough room for it to be even worth it?
for lighting I was thinking cfl/flourescent or LED if the price is right or I can make my own or something, I'm thinking any others will heat it up too much.
I'd get a small carbon filter for the exhaust and a lighttrap for the intake fan. I'm still deciding whether to use soil or dwc. I might just choose soil for ease of use, but I dont think dwc would be too hard either but it is my first grow. I also plan to LST them.

what are your thoughts? think I should put 1 or 2 plants per speaker? hopefully I can get this going sooon and start a journal just wanted to run it by some more experienced people to get some advice and/or point out any serious flaws.

Edited by A Day InThe Life (06/01/11 08:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: stealth grow box idea [Re: A Day InThe Life]
    #561145 - 06/02/11 11:42 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah your idea will work. Look into the auto-flowering strains or start with cuttings and flower them right away. :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineA Day InThe Life
Stranger
Re: stealth grow box idea [Re: Magash]
    #561387 - 06/02/11 09:09 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

hmm I'm not sure if I understand how the autoflowering ones work. They can be grown under 24hr light and they will mature automatically? can you still train them with say LST and FIM to increased yields? can you clone them?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: stealth grow box idea [Re: A Day InThe Life]
    #561390 - 06/02/11 09:22 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

A Day InThe Life said:
hmm I'm not sure if I understand how the autoflowering ones work. They can be grown under 24hr light and they will mature automatically? can you still train them with say LST and FIM to increased yields? can you clone them?

Yes they mature under 24 hour light and you can use lst and fim to increase yields. They can't be cloned over and over again though.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblestarrider

Re: stealth grow box idea [Re: Magash]
    #561692 - 06/03/11 08:56 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

In any books they show how to make a stealth growing cabinet. It's a whit upright cabinet. There's enough room for growing seeds, to veg out and to flower the plants. If I ddin't have the room I have now I would be using the plans for that setup. But I have room for a bigger output.

Good luck. Keep looking.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

Offlinebloodworm
Stranger

Re: stealth grow box idea [Re: starrider]
    #563176 - 06/09/11 07:21 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

there is definitely enough room for the plant if cared for properly.
however, your problems are going to come from heat, ventilation and room for the lighting.
if you can somehow rig an inlet fan on the bottom and an outlet fan at the top and still have enough room to put the lights, i'd say go for it.
1 or 2 cfl's is not going to cut it.
you also have to take into consideration the color of the speaker box itself.
if it is black, then you are going to have change that somehow.
do not use tin foil. it will create hot spots and could potentially burn the plant.
instead, i'd paint the entire inside white (if that is a possibility).
also, noise may become an issue as it takes a whole lot of air to remove heat from a grow box.

as stated, there are plenty of other options when it comes to stealth grows.

a closet with a lock is always a good option.
other than that, get creative.
2 large tupperware containers can do a nice job with a little lst and fim. not to mention you can buy them both in white.

as stated, with stealth grows your biggest concerns are going to be heat, light and noise (sometimes smell).
if you can solve those problems you should be good to go.
like i said, get creative and search the net for some ideas on stealth grows and improvise if you need to.
i just don't see the whole speaker thing working out considering the size of the cabinet.
if you need any other help just shoot me a pm.

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder