Home | Community | Message Board


Seedsman.com
Please support our sponsors.

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker


Registered: 09/19/10
Posts: 76
Loc: Colorado Flag
Last seen: 5 years, 4 months
MMJ Caregiver moving into an apartment. Oh no?
    #557334 - 05/22/11 04:48 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Hi. As the title states, I am the holder of an MMJ card, and a caregiver allotted 24 plants. I keep 10 - 12 in veg and 12 in flower. We are moving from a house to apartment, which is a big downer because most places "don't allow" marijuana use, as it is still federally illegal. While I am not frightened of law enforcement due to the fact that my grow is state-legal, I am concerned about the office finding out by way of smell and trying to evict. Though it would likely not go further than eviction, I am trying to avoid that if possible.

I will be using two tents (400w) for flower and a 4x T8 & 4ft T8 floro for veg.

My question is, hat should I do in order to provide 100% smell eradication? I was debating ozone generator and a carbon scrubber, and smelly good stuff dotting the main rooms as well.

Also, the noise from the fan? I was debating on burying the inline fans in a heap of cloth (blankets, towels, whatever).

Your help and tips for apartment growing are appreciated. Yes, I know it's never a good idea. I've done it before under worse conditions, so I figure I'd at least make a go of it instead of cutting down and restarting.


--------------------
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific


Registered: 04/21/10
Posts: 1,000
Loc: West Coast
Last seen: 5 years, 19 days
Re: MMJ Caregiver moving into an apartment. Oh no? [Re: Cannasaurus]
    #557357 - 05/22/11 10:44 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Your are going to need 2 carbon scrubbers for sure.
I just bought one yesterday.  I grow 4 plants in a apartment closet and my homemade scrubber was just not cutting it anymore.  Smell was leaking out the front door.
I have never tried anything else to eliminate odor but more is always better and safer

Quote:

Also, the noise from the fan? I was debating on burying the inline fans in a heap of cloth (blankets, towels, whatever).




Check this thread out.  It deals with this exact topic and has some very useful info in it.
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/556627

Good luck


--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...



Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Registered: 12/12/10
Posts: 304
Re: MMJ Caregiver moving into an apartment. Oh no? [Re: Cannasaurus]
    #557654 - 05/23/11 02:28 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cannasaurus said:
Hi. As the title states, I am the holder of an MMJ card, and a caregiver allotted 24 plants. I keep 10 - 12 in veg and 12 in flower. We are moving from a house to apartment, which is a big downer because most places "don't allow" marijuana use, as it is still federally illegal. While I am not frightened of law enforcement due to the fact that my grow is state-legal, I am concerned about the office finding out by way of smell and trying to evict. Though it would likely not go further than eviction, I am trying to avoid that if possible.

I will be using two tents (400w) for flower and a 4x T8 & 4ft T8 floro for veg.

My question is, hat should I do in order to provide 100% smell eradication? I was debating ozone generator and a carbon scrubber, and smelly good stuff dotting the main rooms as well.

Also, the noise from the fan? I was debating on burying the inline fans in a heap of cloth (blankets, towels, whatever).

Your help and tips for apartment growing are appreciated. Yes, I know it's never a good idea. I've done it before under worse conditions, so I figure I'd at least make a go of it instead of cutting down and restarting.



When I ran my tent, I just hung the fan from bungee cords inside the tent and used a controller. There is still a slight sound and can be annoying at times but nobody else can here it unless they were in the room with the tent, and by then it would already be obvious something was going on. I would also recommend changing the door knob to the room the tent will be in. I also had a carbon scrubber and smell was only an issue at harvest.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific


Registered: 04/21/10
Posts: 1,000
Loc: West Coast
Last seen: 5 years, 19 days
Re: MMJ Caregiver moving into an apartment. Oh no? [Re: c99hunter]
    #557812 - 05/24/11 02:08 AM (5 years, 6 months ago)

c99hunter said

Quote:

There is still a slight sound and can be annoying at times but nobody else can here it unless they were in the room with the tent




Amen


--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...



Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery


Registered: 03/27/11
Posts: 186
Loc: New Caledonia
Last seen: 2 years, 1 month
Re: MMJ Caregiver moving into an apartment. Oh no? [Re: Cannasaurus]
    #560300 - 05/31/11 04:59 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Dude growing in apartments is a bitch and i know from experience. I grew in a 2 bedroom condo that had its main room modified to be double walled and have a flowering room in it with a smaller veg room on the outside.

  The ventilation system was inline AC hoods at first two 600W which got too hot. It was on the top floor which made it hotter but still this place got to like 95 during the hottest summer days. I used  a carbon scrubber and it got rid of almost all the smell but two would be better.

  There was one of those scent sprayer things made by glade for like bathrooms right by the front door and it would spray some scent every 15 minutes so whenever you got home and opened the door it wouldn't smell like weed in the hallway.

In the end everything turned into a disaster cause we (mostly my friends decision) bought a really expensive light and hood but it was a thousand watt and then we tried combining that with a 600w and my friend would not agree that it was too hot so he spent a shitload of money on a portable AC and even that couldn't do its job for like $500! Basically it was a nightmare. But maybe your luck will turn out better than mine did, and you are a legal grower too!


--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* how long of a scrubber shoudl be ok? the man 714 1 10/11/09 01:30 PM
by the man
* Moved: My grow plan (very detailed) lemme know what you think... Cactus Chris 2,119 5 09/28/10 10:43 PM
by Cactus Chris
* carbon scrubber with fan grod31 5,298 11 07/26/10 11:14 AM
by DungenessDank
* What do you all think about growing in a shed??
( 1 2 3 all )
Harry_Ba11sachM 17,339 55 10/06/09 02:39 AM
by God
* scrubber and fan ? bobby-j 1,786 6 10/05/10 10:42 AM
by DieselB
* Vent scrubber why ? ozonerider 2,287 4 12/23/09 08:57 PM
by coda
* Any good guides on building a grow tent? pftek 3,602 9 11/07/09 02:38 PM
by pftek
* How does this grow box look? (just plans)
( 1 2 3 all )
Triptonic 12,065 42 01/29/10 10:23 PM
by DudeTron

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: FurrowedBrow, Magash, Dr. Siekadellyk, phychotron
1,930 topic views. 3 members, 260 guests and 31 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2016 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.053 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.