Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: I literally feel sick, more SWAT horror story. [Re: DungenessDank]
    #580715 - 08/24/11 05:18 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
'tis a deadly sin.

I think a problem we have as a society is that we will never be able to reach a consensus, so at what point do say it's okay for us to make peoples decisions for them? Whenever a vocal minority makes a power grab, or when a charismatic politician gets on the news and tells us what to do?

I think most people are truthfully just ok with letting people tell them what to do. It's far easier to just accept it than try to change it.

Few people in history have championed causes that were not directly fucked by the problems they opposed so hard. And as disgusting it is to say it until SWAT starts killing people daily in the same region by the gross we are unlikely to see the kind of changes we want in it.

I mean the same argument can almost be made about marijuana legalization, and I don't mean just medical, there are just added incentives to keep the people quiet. People are worried about their jobs, or of what the government might do. It overlaps so easily because the biggest problem we have with SWAT is that they assume they will get violent opposition when there is a drug charge. Go figure sometimes people get killed trying to defend their house when they didn't know it was the police breaking in. SWAT thinks just because they knock and yell it automatically means innocent people will of course be awake, able to hear, and believe that they are the police; an assumption I can't believe stands as OK to the general populous.

Of course the other thing that keeps us silent is the fact that getting the wrong thing on your record will effectively screw you for life depending on what you want to be. For example my desire to be a teacher will mean eventually I'm going have to either give up my drug habits or over-think every single comment or action I ever make in fear that it will cost me my job.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: I literally feel sick, more SWAT horror story. [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #580790 - 08/24/11 09:49 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Wow these stories are quite the shit ... I can't believe how much SWAT, FBI and CIA are FUCKED IN THE HEAD ... they think they have all the fucking rights... this is total bullshit ... I know it is not really the same subject, but here's one story FBI did during the Cuban revolution, they surely never told the medias...

FBI did far worse ... In a village in Guatemala during Cuban revolution... In Latin America during these times, lots of other countries were starting to rebel and take example. FBI went in some villages, they gathered every persons in a single room house, took the chief and his pregnant wife, chopped the head of the chief, opened up his wife's belly, took the fetus and threw it to the people, put the head in the wife's belly, and then they sewed back her stomach, they had forced children's and aged persons to watch this shit...

The reason of this? Fear, they wanted these people to calm the fuck down, and that's how they managed to do it ...

How I know this? One of my anthropology teacher worked in Guatemala for a lots of years, he used to work in such villages, he told us that it was the story of one village, and didn't want to tell us others, because this one was the less fucked up in the batch ... He worked with these people for over 15 years, and he told me that the younger generations were really touched by this event, a lots of troubles started to appear in these regions since then ... Might not be caused by that, but it is clearly not helping the cause...

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: I literally feel sick, more SWAT horror story. [Re: Manitou]
    #580843 - 08/25/11 08:45 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Our governments intervention into other countries most certainly has a lasting and negative impact on not only the people there, but with international relations between it's people and us. (not to mention some governments)

Your story probably took place around the same time Reagan and the CIA sold weapons to Iran to fund the Contra's.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: I literally feel sick, more SWAT horror story. [Re: DungenessDank]
    #580853 - 08/25/11 10:29 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

We all know Reagan was the devil though.

I like international intervention, but I don't like when they do shit like previously mentioned.

I feel as a superpower we are obligated to help nations that are being abused by their government.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale