Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineTokerKyle
Ballin'

Re: This is Just horrible... [Re: FRACTALife]
    #414342 - 05/09/10 02:49 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

seen this on the shroomery and almost teared up..

--------------------
:trippinballs:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: This is Just horrible... [Re: TokerKyle]
    #414507 - 05/09/10 12:05 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Welcome!

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: This is Just horrible... [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #414538 - 05/09/10 12:45 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

This is despicable, inhumane behavior. This should under no circumstances be tolerated and something needs to be done about this. I'd like to take a stand against this in anyway I can, I think I might start by forwarding this to some local news stations, assuming they haven't already aired a piece on this.

These officers should be charged for this. Plain and simple. This country is going so far off in the opposite direction of what it was built on that I'm sure our forefathers are turning in their fucking graves right about now. This is seriously one of the most disturbing atrocities I've heard about in awhile, I REALLY hope this does not go forgotten and the people responsible get what they deserve.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
Re: This is Just horrible... [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #414542 - 05/09/10 12:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Anyone see any reason why it's a bad idea to start mass calling their police department and complain/demand an explanation.  Perhaps we could get people involved and inundate these redneck fucks with so much phone traffic they can't get any real work done.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: This is Just horrible... [Re: Doitagain]
    #414544 - 05/09/10 01:03 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Doitagain said:
Anyone see any reason why it's a bad idea to start mass calling their police department and complain/demand an explanation.  Perhaps we could get people involved and inundate these redneck fucks with so much phone traffic they can't get any real work done.

Lol someone should call that local PD in a panic'd voice and say "oh my god I just saw my neighbor with a gram of marijuana and a pipe can you please come arrest him and kill his dogs?" or something like that. That would so be the lulz.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

OfflineTomCollins

#414665 - 05/09/10 03:50 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Absolutely awful. :puke: Makes me so angry. :megacrankey:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: This is Just horrible... [Re: TomCollins]
    #414667 - 05/09/10 04:05 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Good, vent that anger into something constructive!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: This is Just horrible... [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #416837 - 05/12/10 11:12 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Columbia, Missouri Police Chief: "I Hate the Internet"
May 12, 2010 - Reason.com
Radley Balko

Columbia, Missouri Police Chief Ken Burton is apparently frustrated. At another press conference yesterday, a reporter asked the chief what he has learned from the international attention generated by the YouTube video of his department's SWAT team conducting a drug raid last February.

His reply: "I hate the Internet."

I'll bet he does. For two-and-a-half months, Burton and his department were quiet about the raid. That's likely because, as I wrote yesterday, the raid was really no different from the tens of thousands of similar raids conducted every year, and that are probably conducted by his own department a couple of times per week. Within days of the video hitting the web, Burton was forced to hold several press conferences, and has now laid out several reforms to the way SWAT raids will be conducted in Columbia in the future. I suppose it's possible those reforms were brewing all along, and the timing of him announcing them after the video went viral was mere coincidence. It seems at least plausible, though, that the dread "Internet" sparked some actual policy changes, here.

Unfortunately the changes—while small steps in the right direction—still miss the point. Burton says his department will no longer conduct SWAT raids at night. They won't conduct raids in homes where children are present. Suspects will be under constant surveillance until the raid is carried out. And raids will be conducted within a shorter period of time from when police get the initial tip about a suspected drug dealer. But the Columbia Police Department will still conduct volatile, violent, highly aggressive forced-entry raids on people suspected of consensual, nonviolent drug crimes. That is what's wrong with the YouTube video. Changing the time of day of the raid doesn't change the wildly disproportionate use of force.

Burton and his department have also criticized web commentary on the video, citing both death threats aimed at members of the SWAT team and an abundance of what Burton calls "misinformation" about the raid.

He's right. I saw both. In particular, the description that accompanied the YouTube video (which today topped 1 million views) described the pit bull the police killed as crated when it was shot. It wasn't. (I should disclose that I passed on this bit of incorrect information to several people while discussing the raid before discovering it was incorrect, though I didn't put it in print). And death threats, even from keyboard commandos posting on Internet discussion boards, are inexcusable.

That said, Burton is deflecting. When the video first went viral, his department's spokesperson acknowledged that the police didn't know a seven-year-old boy was in the home, but explained that the department has to carry out drug raids quickly before dealers can move their supply. That was, as Burton would put it, "misinformation." You might even call it a lie. At the very least, it was another example of a police spokesperson reflexively defending the department before knowing all the facts. Eight days passed between the time the police were tipped off to the alleged marijuana stash and the time they conducted the raid.

As I reported yesterday, according to Brittany Montgomery, the mother and wife in the home at the time of the raid, the police initially gave the family a copy of the video in which the audio and portions of incriminating video had been removed. That sounds like "misinformation," too. Montgomery also wrote that when her neighbors inquired with the department about the raid, they were initially told it was a drill, and that no shots were fired. That too was "misinformation." (The department didn't return my call, so I haven't been able to get their response to these two allegations.)

"Misinformation" coming from police department officials acting in their official capacity is a hell of a lot more troubling than misinformation disseminated on Internet discussion boards and in blog comment threads.

As for the death threats, yes, they're an unfortunately ugly part of often-anonymous Internet discourse. But Burton's men were just captured on video firing off seven rounds into a home just seconds after they'd broken into it. This, despite the fact that there was nothing in the home that posed a lethal threat to them. (Yes, some pit bulls can be dangerous, but not to an armed SWAT team bedecked in full body armor.) One of those rounds missed its intended target (the pit bull) and struck an unintended target (the Corgi). According to Montgomery, there are now bullet holes in the walls of the house. There were other people in that house who weren't suspects, people the cops weren't aware of before they started firing their guns, including a child. That seems like a pretty reckless disregard for human life.

But Burton would have us believe that the real outrage here is the faux "if they try to come to my house and do that, I'll kill them" Internet bravado that came in response to the video, not the very real violence actually depicted in it.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12551589

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: This is Just horrible... (moved) [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #416842 - 05/12/10 11:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

This thread was moved from The Smoke Lounge.

Reason:
News...Trying to get it attention...

Offlinettotheh
european son
Male

Loc: new york state Flag
    #416853 - 05/12/10 11:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

that made me sick to my stomach :facepalm: i hope norml jumps on this and shows the public that the pot laws in this country cause so much damage and help nothing

--------------------
I live with thirteen dead cats ,
a purple dog that wears spats,
they all live out in the hall,
and i cant stand it anymore

anything i say on this website is 100 % false

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: This is Just horrible... [Re: ttotheh]
    #416885 - 05/12/10 11:53 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

no different from the tens of thousands of similar raids conducted every year, and that are probably conducted by his own department a couple of times per week

So this goes on very often, this is just one of the few that caught on tape? But importantly, they are breaking forcefully into a persons home because that person may want to ingest something into his/her body? 4 Real???  Kill 2 dogs, because obviously some snitch said he had a bunch. Blah, the drug war is so lame and inexcusable!!!

Quote:

Suspects will be under constant surveillance until the raid is carried out. And raids will be conducted within a shorter period of time from when police get the initial tip about a suspected drug dealer

Sounds like a contradictive statement to me? no?

Quote:

That said, Burton is deflecting. When the video first went viral, his department's spokesperson acknowledged that the police didn't know a seven-year-old boy was in the home, but explained that the department has to carry out drug raids quickly before dealers can move their supply. That was, as Burton would put it, "misinformation." You might even call it a lie. At the very least, it was another example of a police spokesperson reflexively defending the department before knowing all the facts. Eight days passed between the time the police were tipped off to the alleged marijuana stash and the time they conducted the raid

Another raid on unsuspecting innocent people all due to a faulty "snitch"! They say they go tlied too. They killed 2 innocent dogs over bullshit!!

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

#416890 - 05/12/10 11:55 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

WE NEED TO STOP THIS KIND OF GOVERNMENT TAKE OVER!
RAIDS OVER SUBSTANCES KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE FOR NO REASON!

--------------------

Offlinettotheh
european son
Male

Loc: new york state Flag
Re: This is Just horrible... [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #416904 - 05/13/10 12:02 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

its just so fucked up that governments around the world think they can stop the a natural want to change perception by making terrible laws and enforcing them like this im amazed that the people of the world have let it go on for so long

--------------------
I live with thirteen dead cats ,
a purple dog that wears spats,
they all live out in the hall,
and i cant stand it anymore

anything i say on this website is 100 % false

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
    #417078 - 05/13/10 07:35 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I find nothing wrong with the line "if they try to do that to me, I'll kill them."

If I heard my door break down and shots fired I would defend my self, if they enter MY domain I feel they have no right to do anything. I feel anything, or at least any non violent crime, should be legal if you do it within the bounds of your house.

My house is my parents and my own. My dad dug the basement out from under this house when he was a kid, and before he moved back in here my uncle and cousins lived here. In my opinion the government hasn't got the right to come in here and do anything, they haven't built it or maintained it.

When police action becomes more and more like the example we have seen here it shows more and more that the title "The government" is really just given to the people with the largest gang.

So I will happily say that, if the cops come into my house guns blazing, I am going to take at least one of them out. And I would do so proudly as they would endanger me, and my family.

And oh? They didn't know a child was there?

So they are telling us that the police department can't just like look up an address in some database and see the names of the residents? (and if they don't why don't they? That would make raids so much more effective.) I don't support raids themselves, but if they are going to be done they need to be done as safe as possible. I feel that the police should have to be attacked to even have guns drawn. WHEN THEY SIGNED UP, I'M FAIRLY CERTAIN THEY KNEW THEY MIGHT GET SHOT AT. Meaning they should be prepared for it at any moment. I don't think the police should legally be allowed to take any pre-emptive action and I honestly don't care if an officer dies or not. They knew that was a possible end to their career when they started.

I feel like trying to turn some of my friends to the libertarian party. It is the only political ground,in my opinion, that actually allowss the freedoms all humans should have.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: This is Just horrible... [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #417106 - 05/13/10 09:53 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

If anything they could have used a damn taser on the dog instead of a gun, and who knows the kid may have been awake and playing around for all they know,, he could have been hiding around the couch or in the kitchen or something, or even playing with the dogs,...

all over a damn plant... its not even like it was crack or anything, IT WAS A FUCKIN WEED, and only a little of it,
it was also decriminalized in their area so WTF???

Faggot DEA:megacrankey:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds