Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: May 21, 2011 [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #558533 - 05/26/11 12:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Harold Camping: THE LORD IS COMING, RAPTURE Y'ALL!
Christians: That's outrageous, there's no possible way that is true retard!

Atheist: God doesn't exist, there's no possible way that is true.
Christian: RESPECT MY BELIEFS!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSlave of Cthulhu
Marijuana Connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: May 21, 2011 [Re: DungenessDank]
    #558538 - 05/26/11 12:33 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:paradis:

--------------------

Offlinesmurf_master
Master Smurf

Loc: Everywhere Flag
    #558540 - 05/26/11 12:34 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

smurf_master said:
Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
In fact all the proof that exists at all (not that i give a shit about it) is pretty much on the side of religion.

I lol'd

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:

Maybe I should also mention that religion is anout faith; it isn't about proof. So for any of the people in this thread trying to just do the generic "hey im an athiest, why are you christians so stupid arguement" I'm going to just define faith here.

Merriam Webster definition: b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust.

I just thought it was worth pointing out that just because you define faith and connect it to religion, it clear that having faith in something, however strong, does not force it to be true, or even lend credibility to the concept.

I never said it did. If you keep acting as such you're just going to get nig-nored though so I don't have to put up with you in threads.

You still keep being the only person judging my faith. Just because you have faith contrary to mine doesn't mean you have to try to put mine down. I don't put yours down.

Can you not just respect the faith of another person?

Here let me define ignorance for you.

Merriam Webster definition:
ig·no·rance noun \ˈig-n(ə-)rən(t)s\
the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness.

Here are some synonyms:
benightedness, cluelessness, incognizance, innocence, nescience, obliviousness, unawareness, unfamiliarity.

OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
Re: May 21, 2011 [Re: DungenessDank]
    #558541 - 05/26/11 12:34 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Harold Camping: THE LORD IS COMING, RAPTURE Y'ALL!
Christians: That's outrageous, there's no possible way that is true retard!

Atheist: God doesn't exist, there's no possible way that is true.
Christian: RESPECT MY BELIEFS!

yea religious nuts will only believe in their religion when its suiting to them, if it makes them look crazy then they won't

yet with science you can always say you believe it because there is evidence to support it, and you don't have to feel the slightest bit insane for that

in short, I hate religion, its a tool of manipulative control of millions

I dont want you to want me to respect your faith, I want you to look at the evidence and think for yourself, fuck indoctrination , because that is , after all, why almost every single religious person is religious,  apart from those genuine "religious experiences" that cause people to just change there way of life, WHICH DOES NOT IMPLY THERE IS A GOD, it merely implies that the brain is a powerful tool and can be susceptible to many different things,

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: May 21, 2011 [Re: Harlz]
    #558542 - 05/26/11 12:35 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Harlz said:
Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

smurf_master said:
That's the best part. I realize that I don't know anything in the grand scheme of things.

Then you probably shouldn't critique people about something you know nothing about. Do you have any proof there is no god? Do you have any proof at all? no.

In fact all the proof that exists at all (not that i give a shit about it) is pretty much on the side of religion.

:lol: there is more proof that we are "created" by evolution than by a god, and if there WAS a god, he would also have to arise from natural selection and millions of years of slow gradual mutations, but even then, that "god" would have to be from a race of "gods" and then he wouldnt be a "god" would he..

if god made us, who made god?

also, nothing is timeless in the universe everything must obey the laws of physics and science in some way, and the idea of a "god" blatantly disregards science by saying he "emerged from nowhere, but was always there"

and IN FACT, THE BIBLE IS NOT A SOURCE OF EVIDENCE and this has been proven many times, the amount of times the book contradicts itself is baffling

you seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing without an actual sound argument :bonghit:

1. I never said the bible was a source of evidence, however for us Christians it is since we believe in it's teachings.
2. religious artifacts, they exist.
3. The beleif is that god just exists. I'm not concerned of how/if he was created. As far as i'm concerned he always has existed.
4. Stop trying to act like science disproves gods existance.
5. The big bang theory makes as much sense to me as god creating the universe. Both are equally uh.... wtf? kind of things to think about. You asking "how was god created" is as valid of a question as me asking "well then how was matter first created?" The idea of understanding how matter first began existing is just as confusing.

And on to a more general statement:
Oh look, another guy that is deciding to argue with me just because i said im a christian over the fact im a christian.

I'm glad to know you respect other peoples opinions so much you want to.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Offlinesmurf_master
Master Smurf

#558544 - 05/26/11 12:38 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Faith is not a natural thing. It is man made fantasy. When homo erectus was walking among our first ancestors blindly following something that they couldn't see was not going to help them survive. But following their natural and god given talents (excuse the pun) I.E. their senses, helped them to survive and avoid dangers that they could see, hear, feel, or smell.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#558546 - 05/26/11 12:41 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Whatever guys, most of the things you guys are bringing up i've already answered inside this thread or are just you guys trying to troll me so im going to go smoke weed.

You guys have fun continuing to judge me over my faith while i respect yours. a point I have made multiple times within this thread.

The fact that you guys can't just respect my beliefs really says a lot about your mentality.

Were i a lesser man i'd accuse you of trolling me. Because you guys are very much blatantly insulting my beliefs while I am being very civil with respect to your own.

Fucking atheists who act like they know everything and want to prove it to other people over the internet to make them feel good about their lives.

:facepalm:

--------------------

Offlinesmurf_master
Master Smurf

#558548 - 05/26/11 12:43 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:

Fucking atheists who act like they know everything and want to prove it to other people over the internet to make them feel good about their lives.

Oh contraire, I believe it is you, not I, who is being disrespectful of other peoples beliefs.

OfflineHarlz

#558549 - 05/26/11 12:43 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
1. I never said the bible was a source of evidence, however for us Christians it is since we believe in it's teachings.

so you did say its a source of evidence then

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
2. religious artifacts, they exist.

because people have believed in religion to explain the things science couldnt at the time for thousands of years,this is  no proof of god :facepalm:

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
3. The beleif is that god just exists. I'm not concerned of how/if he was created. As far as i'm concerned he always has existed.

directly contradicting science, which defines nearly everything about life

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
4. Stop trying to act like science disproves gods existance.

whos acting, it almost indefinitely does

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
5. The big bang theory makes as much sense to me as god creating the universe. Both are equally uh.... wtf? kind of things to think about. You asking "how was god created" is as valid of a question as me asking "well then how was matter first created?" The idea of understanding how matter first began existing is just as confusing.

And on to a more general statement:
Oh look, another guy that is deciding to argue with me just because i said im a christian over the fact im a christian.

I'm glad to know you respect other peoples opinions so much you want to.

the difference between god creating the universe ( no evidence) and the big bang theory ( a scientific theory with supporting evidence that has been tested by thousands of scientists)

is the amount of evidence,

I dont cae what religion you are, its because you were indoctrinated that you are that religion anyways, if you were born in iraq you'd be a muslim, it makes no difference to me

look at the evidence, you dont need religion in life, and praying to an imaginary beign wont help you at all, its a bleak outlook

but you cherish your time here more by NOT believing in an after life, with god you take your time here for granted because you EXPECT an afterlife..

Either way, even if it all comes down to that, Id rather be appreciative of my time here, since its so infinitesimally unlikely to have occured rather than beleive Ill get so lucky after I die :randy:

Offlinesmurf_master
Master Smurf

#558553 - 05/26/11 12:49 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

On a separate note I made this girl I knew who is really religious sit down and watch Bill Maher's Religulous with me, and it was the funniest shit ever.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: May 21, 2011 [Re: smurf_master]
    #558554 - 05/26/11 12:49 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

WEll harlz, why don't you take the time to explain how it is directly contrary to science? Like explain it please. Because I know you are going to get it wrong.

By the way, how about you explain the big bang. What caused it? Why did it happen? What  caused the causes that made it happen?

How do we know god didn't cause the big bang? These are all perfectly reasonable questions.

Quote:

smurf_master said:
Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:

Oh contraire, I believe it is you, not I, who is being disrespectful of other peoples beliefs.

Well then explain how it is i am being disrespectful by defending my beliefs. Because i would really love to see you find it, and love even more showing how you are wrong.

--------------------

Offlinesmurf_master
Master Smurf

#558558 - 05/26/11 12:54 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Fucking atheists

You don't see me throwing around the F bomb with the C word do you?

And you gave me a 0 stars, was up with that homie.

OfflineHarlz

#558560 - 05/26/11 12:57 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
WEll harlz, why don't you take the time to explain how it is directly contrary to science? Like explain it please. Because I know you are going to get it wrong.

By the way, how about you explain the big bang. What caused it? Why did it happen? What  caused the causes that made it happen?

How do we know god didn't cause the big bang? These are all perfectly reasonable questions.

I could attempt to explain how god contradicts science in all the ways that he does in its entirety but Im sure it won't change your blind perspective, the difference between me and you is Ive considered both sides of the argument equally, and I beleive in the insurmoutnable evidence

you wont even attempt to do so, So I wouldnt waste my time, but Im sure some famous atheists such as richard dawkins could do a much better job than I

But the biggest contradiction is "god is timeless, hes always been there" UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE BY SCIENCE

secondly.. who made god? what made god? why made god? if god made us, and well all have a purpose for his divine plan, who made him, whats his purpose, what divine plan does he fit into? Is he a middleman god to us from the REAL GOD? its all ridiculous,

but again, watch some dawkins, consider both sides of the argument

I can't explain the big bang, I know almost nothing about it, I DO KNOW its a theory, and a theory has been tested by scientists who are extremely knowledgable on the subject, yet the bible is impervious to being tested by science because it would fall apart faster than a 3 $ watch

We assume god didnt cause the big bang because of the above reasons

but again, research and an open mind will convince you more than I will

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#558561 - 05/26/11 12:58 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It explains it pretty clearly.

Me using those words don't mean I don't respect your beliefs.

They mean I don't respect you telling me my own beliefs are wrong.

That's not disrespecting your beliefs.

Case closed.

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#558563 - 05/26/11 01:00 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Harlz said:
Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:

I could attempt to explain how god contradicts science in all the ways that he does in its entirety but Im sure it won't change your blind perspective, the difference between me and you is Ive considered both sides of the argument equally, and I beleive in the insurmoutnable evidence

you wont even attempt to do so, So I wouldnt waste my time, but Im sure some famous atheists such as richard dawkins could do a much better job than I

But the biggest contradiction is "god is timeless, hes always been there" UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE BY SCIENCE

secondly.. who made god? what made god? why made god? if god made us, and well all have a purpose for his divine plan, who made him, whats his purpose, what divine plan does he fit into? Is he a middleman god to us from the REAL GOD? its all ridiculous,

but again, watch some dawkins, consider both sides of the argument

I can't explain the big bang, I know almost nothing about it, I DO KNOW its a theory, and a theory has been tested by scientists who are extremely knowledgable on the subject, yet the bible is impervious to being tested by science because it would fall apart faster than a 3 $ watch

We assume god didnt cause the big bang because of the above reasons

but again, research and an open mind will convince you more than I will

AKA harlz doesn't know.

You realize I'm going to college to be a chemistry/physics teacher right? And you realize plenty of chemists and physicists are christian?

I'm glad you decided to not explain something you so obviously know. :lol:

--------------------

Offlinesmurf_master
Master Smurf

#558564 - 05/26/11 01:01 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

They let you into college?

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#558567 - 05/26/11 01:07 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

smurf_master said:
They let you into college?

Why wouldn't they?

--------------------

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

#558570 - 05/26/11 01:25 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

These kind of debates are pretty much useless, not really worth bothering with unless you actually think there's a chance the other person will be open minded about it. :shrug:

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: May 21, 2011 [Re: Cage]
    #558571 - 05/26/11 01:35 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cage said:
These kind of debates are pretty much useless, not really worth bothering with unless you actually think there's a chance the other person will be open minded about it. :shrug:

I am open minded, that's why im ok with with them not beleiving in the same thing.

Way to assume the people telling me my religion is wrong are open minded.

However, yea if they would just accept the fact i beleive in god and they don't.

Harlz and smurf are pretty obviously the close minded ones in this thread. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineHarlz

#558576 - 05/26/11 01:46 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Harlz said:
the difference between me and you is Ive considered both sides of the argument equally, and I beleive in the insurmoutnable evidence

and congrats you're GOING to college, Ive already graduated college so you're attempt at earning a diploma doesn't frighten me :ilold:

I understand there are many biologists who are religious but that is due most likely to indoctrination as a child which is completely wrong to do as parents and society

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds