Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: getting a dog [Re: RasJeph]
    #554481 - 05/10/11 10:36 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

id go for a pit/boxer mix if you can find one.

i had one once, AWESOMEEEE dog. like the best.

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechowdan
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: getting a dog [Re: still beLIEve]
    #554488 - 05/10/11 11:01 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I personally like the boxer bread. A family just up the way has a few pits. They are very beautiful dogs. They are very protective/curious to everyone new.

Also for a smaller dog french bulldog. Im a big fan of he bulldog bread though not many are.

--------------------
I am a legal patient in Washington. Everything i do and say on here is for personal gain.

- We live in a free country as long as you can follow the governments laws...-

OfflineBig_tiggy
Male

Loc: Neither here nor there
Re: getting a dog [Re: chowdan]
    #554504 - 05/10/11 12:54 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I have a half pit half lab, hes the biggest baby in the world around people, but since he hasnt been around other dogs to often he is very aggressive towards them, I don't understand it, Ive never trained him to attack dogs, and he respects the cats we have in the house, but when it comes to other dogs he launches towards them...

Im taking him to dog training school soon to hopefully get him used to other dogs, and so I can hopefully find some pussy

OfflineNothing Is

Re: getting a dog [Re: Big_tiggy]
    #554517 - 05/10/11 01:35 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

you really should have him put down before he hurts or kills someone's dog - i'm not saying that to be a dick but it's just not fair to people with normal dogs unless you're 100% sure you can keep him restrained at all times

please be sure to keep him leashed tight whenever you're out

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: getting a dog [Re: Nothing Is]
    #554519 - 05/10/11 01:46 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I wish I had an extra 5k so I could get an F1 Savannah cat and take it on walks around the neighborhood.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#554524 - 05/10/11 02:19 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Big_tiggy said:
I have a half pit half lab, hes the biggest baby in the world around people, but since he hasnt been around other dogs to often he is very aggressive towards them, I don't understand it, Ive never trained him to attack dogs, and he respects the cats we have in the house, but when it comes to other dogs he launches towards them...

Im taking him to dog training school soon to hopefully get him used to other dogs, and so I can hopefully find some pussy

Did you let your puppy socialize with other dogs while you raised him?

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #554537 - 05/10/11 02:44 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

My dog is aggressive with others too. Its not that she would ever hurt them, she just wants to play play play play play! The rest of my family has tiny dogs that are terrified of her just because shes big. I have a video of her playing with a lab puppy and loving it.

Actually, she was a bit scared of the lab haha.

She flips shit when people are coming, stands her hair up, barks like nuts, etc. But thats a dogs job imo. Once I give her the OK and make her sit and she smells people, shes fine with 'em. She just doesn't like unknown people wandering in my yard. And neither do I.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineBig_tiggy
Male

#554598 - 05/10/11 06:02 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

tell me to put my dog down again and ill have him put u down

OfflineBig_tiggy
Male

Re: getting a dog [Re: King Koopa]
    #554600 - 05/10/11 06:04 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

yeah he got some but not as much as he needed, hes still pretty much a pup, hes only 8 months old, and acts like a little kid...im pretty sure once he goes to dog school and gets used to the other dogs he'll be fine

Edited by Big_tiggy (05/10/11 06:08 PM)

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
Re: getting a dog [Re: Big_tiggy] * 1
    #554607 - 05/10/11 06:16 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You should adopt a pitbull or something from a humane society shelter imo

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

OfflineNothing Is

#554674 - 05/10/11 09:40 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Big_tiggy said:
tell me to put my dog down again and ill have him put u down

if your dog hurts a smaller dog its owner would be justified in killing you

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#554693 - 05/10/11 10:51 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think anyone is arguing against that.  Rather we are arguing the responsibility of the owner. 

There's plenty of breeds capable of doing damage, pits and rotts however are more commonly bread for this purpose.  The fact that there are plenty of people who own these breeds, and can control them can attest to the owners responsibility in shaping the dogs temperament.  Coming from a position of not owning one of these breeds you have no ground to stand on for argument.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (05/10/11 10:53 PM)

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: getting a dog [Re: THEBats]
    #554701 - 05/10/11 11:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
I don't think anyone is arguing against that.  Rather we are arguing the responsibility of the owner. 

There's plenty of breeds capable of doing damage, pits and rotts however are more commonly bread for this purpose.  The fact that there are plenty of people who own these breeds, and can control them can attest to the owners responsibility in shaping the dogs temperament.  Coming from a position of not owning one of these breeds you have no ground to stand on for argument.

Nicely put!!:thumbup:

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineNothing Is

Re: getting a dog [Re: THEBats]
    #554721 - 05/11/11 04:19 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:

if these dogs were dead these asshole wouldn't own them

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Woman_killed_by_seven_pitbulls-121544424.html

Quote:

The attacks have renewed calls for the proclamation of the Dangerous Dogs Act, and the introduction of laws to penalise owners and protect citizens.

:happyweed:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#554735 - 05/11/11 09:40 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Nothing Is said:
Quote:

THEBats said:

if these dogs were dead these asshole wouldn't own them

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Woman_killed_by_seven_pitbulls-121544424.html

Quote:

The attacks have renewed calls for the proclamation of the Dangerous Dogs Act, and the introduction of laws to penalise owners and protect citizens.

:happyweed:

I suppose the death of pitbulls and rotts would prevent people from training dogs for fighting, and defensive purposes. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (05/11/11 09:40 AM)

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

#554743 - 05/11/11 11:13 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Nothing Is said:
you really should have him put down before he hurts or kills someone's dog - i'm not saying that to be a dick but it's just not fair to people with normal dogs unless you're 100% sure you can keep him restrained at all times

please be sure to keep him leashed tight whenever you're out

This is what I'm talking about when I said that the Growery has gone downhill :thumbdown: Stupid, fucking retarded comments like this

I have a pitbull (English Bull Terrier) that I let freely roam my neighborhood, he is constantly in the neighbors yard playing with kids that are 6-9 years old, he has NEVER attacked ANYTHING because he's been well trained.

Why the fuck is anyone blaming an animal? Doesn't anyone know that animals are 100% innocent because they aren't intelligent enough to know what is really going on?
Animals act on instinct and training THAT'S IT.
I'm so fucking tired of stupid pieces of shit who probably have never owned a pitbull talking trash about them because they are scared shitless of dogs. My advice is to grow a pair so that you don't have to worry about pissing and shitting all over yourself the next time you walk by a pit

:kingcrankey:

--------------------
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

#554744 - 05/11/11 11:16 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Big_tiggy said:

Like KingKoopa said it's probably just because he hasn't been socialized enough. Finding a training/play class could really help with that. When my pit was a puppy he was never violently aggresive with other dogs but he would always get so excited that he'd go crazy running in circles and jumping up into the other dogs faces lol

--------------------

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Re: getting a dog [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #554756 - 05/11/11 12:35 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

lol speak of the devil, no joke my pit just stopped a little fight between the other neighborhood dogs

--------------------

OfflineNothing Is

Re: getting a dog [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #554757 - 05/11/11 12:40 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/9017841.Family___s_heartache_at_seeing_pet_savaged/?ref=rss

sorry so many of you can't handle the truth

Quote:

I have a pitbull (English Bull Terrier) that I let freely roam my neighborhood,

someone will kill him

people aren't going to put up with that shit

start a thread crying about it when it happens

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#554762 - 05/11/11 01:17 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You're sounding an awful lot like Sigma right about now.

Quote:

Sigma said:
Umm...sorry, no. Aliens aren't real, we are the only planet that can support life.

Every living creature needs water, and earth is the only spot ever made with the stuff.

Not only has there never been another form of life, but no scientist on earth can prove aliens exist. There are no aliens, we are all alone.
  Ever wonder why this planet is so brimming with life? It is because 1, we have water. 2, we are close enough to the sun to maintain life, yet not close enough to be burned to death.

So again, if there is even the slightest theory in your mind that it is even remotely possible, then you are Retarded.

And his rating for me.

Quote:

....that you can't accept the fact that you are wrong.

Did I just freak you out? Did I shatter your little world?
Can't take it?

"Oh no! aliens don't exist!" Better go to that bathroom and hang yourself eh buddy?

Seems like you're the one who can't admit you're wrong.:lol:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (05/11/11 01:20 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds