Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSarfix
Stranger

I can't believe this is working
    #552702 - 05/03/11 12:28 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

So... I haven't read hardly anything at all.  To be honest I rarely visit this end of the spectrum.  Most of my days are spent in discussion at the shroomery.  That is where my true passion is.  This site however has inspired me to just mess around a little.  So I decided what the hey and I took about 10 seeds out of my little bag and threw them in a wet paper towel.  Then I put that in a little ziplock bag, keeping it open, and placed it in a dark place.  After two days I noticed that 9 out of the 10 seeds had germinated!  Well that's cool I thought, but I don't really want to dump any money into this because I have other supplies I need to buy still so I decided to work with what I had.  I took a bag of my Magic mountain compost along with a bag of casing, both of which I purchased from outgrow.com for mushroom growin. I mixed those together really well and it looked like soil to me lol, so I put my germinated seedlings in the bag.  Then I put the bag into a cardboard box and have left the box on the back porch for about a week now.  To my surprise these little guys are shooting up fast.  They are about 2 inches above the surface now, sticking straight up with a nice green color to them.  I don't really know where I am going with this, but I guess I want to see where I can go with it.  Can I just water these without going crazy buying supplies.  I don't really even want to buy fertilizer.  If they fail I really don't care I didn't expect anything, but I mean if they grow with almost no maintenance will they yield some fruit?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

Loc: Don' worry bout it
Re: I can't believe this is working [Re: Sarfix]
    #552714 - 05/03/11 01:45 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sarfix said:
I mean if they grow with almost no maintenance will they yield some fruit?

Most likely no, and what you do get will be very low quality.

OfflineShroomofdoom
Menace 2 Society
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: I can't believe this is working [Re: jkell]
    #552759 - 05/03/11 11:28 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Why even try growing pot if your not gunna do it right? Just stick with buying bud man.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I can't believe this is working [Re: Shroomofdoom] * 1
    #552761 - 05/03/11 11:51 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomofdoom said:
Why even try growing pot if your not gunna do it right? Just stick with buying bud man.

Because it's fun! Who cares if his product is high quality as long as he's happy! Sometimes even shitty homegrown is more fun to smoke than the best chronic you can buy, because it's YOURS.

--------------------

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: I can't believe this is working [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #552802 - 05/03/11 03:10 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

They are  a weed, they will ALWAYS grow like a weed! Doesn't mean they will flower well tho. But you CAN get away with a very low maintenance outdoor grow and end up with decent quality free smoke. Im not understanding the whole bag of soil in cardboard box? Are the plants even getting light?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I can't believe this is working [Re: c99hunter]
    #552822 - 05/03/11 04:40 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Most likely no, and what you do get will be very low quality

I think this is a bullshit statement.  IMO you can grow very high quality pot with minimal effort during the flowering cycle.  I've read lots of grow logs where people built up a good soil and fed their plants nothing but water the entire grow log and ended up with damn fine looking buds.

To the OP:  Where do you plan on growing your plants?  If you're looking to invest very little into this project growing outside would be your best bet.  Otherwise you will have to buy some CFL lighting at the very least.  If you do grow inside I would highly recommend at least spending 20-30 bucks on a one part flowering nutrient (like flora nova).  Hell, even with lighting I still think you could complete this grow for 100$ or less.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: I can't believe this is working [Re: coda]
    #552830 - 05/03/11 05:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

With a good soil or a good fert and the sun you could do it for under 30 :yesnod: :laugh:

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#552852 - 05/03/11 06:36 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

At least research how to tell sexes apart so you have a chance at some decent, seed-free bud..and if they're all in the same container, you may wanna separate them.  good luck!

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

OfflineArcbound Phyrexian
Stranger
    #553318 - 05/05/11 04:07 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:Because it's fun! Who cares if his product is high quality as long as he's happy! Sometimes even shitty homegrown is more fun to smoke than the best chronic you can buy, because it's YOURS.

+1

Edited by Arcbound Phyrexian (05/05/11 04:08 PM)

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
Re: I can't believe this is working [Re: coda]
    #553319 - 05/05/11 04:10 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

Most likely no, and what you do get will be very low quality

I think this is a bullshit statement.  IMO you can grow very high quality pot with minimal effort during the flowering cycle.  I've read lots of grow logs where people built up a good soil and fed their plants nothing but water the entire grow log and ended up with damn fine looking buds.

To the OP:  Where do you plan on growing your plants?  If you're looking to invest very little into this project growing outside would be your best bet.  Otherwise you will have to buy some CFL lighting at the very least.  If you do grow inside I would highly recommend at least spending 20-30 bucks on a one part flowering nutrient (like flora nova).  Hell, even with lighting I still think you could complete this grow for 100$ or less.

I agree a 100% coda, in fact isn't that the ultimate goal outside? just add water.

Offlinedjnoktirnal
ponderer
Male

Loc: South
Re: I can't believe this is working [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #556393 - 05/17/11 06:09 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

OP, if you wanna know how to do it REALLY cheap indoor, PM me, or check out my log - "Ghetto Box - Bagseed Grow". If you can keep it outdoor, will def cost less- no electricity usage. But it usually takes a little longer, and security can becaome an issue.

--------------------
nothing i have said or done is real. I like to make up stories and post them on the internet. I have nothing better to do.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies