Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineacdc44
Stranger
Salt Buildups?????
    #548921 - 04/20/11 09:46 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

I have some major salt buildups around and on the tops of my net pots.  I'm in my second flowering week and just bumped up my nute mix and I am starting to see a lot of yellow leaves on SOME of my plants.  Some of my plants look awesome with no yellow whatsoever, but some of them are looking pretty shitty.  What is the best way to clean up these salt buildups and does anyone know if these may have something to do with my problems.  My setup and specs are below.  Thanks tons for any help!  I can post pics if it will help with diagnosis.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?  Clones
2. How old are your plants?  45 days
3. How tall are your plants? 15-23 inches
4. What type of hydro system are you using? Aero
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? GH
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? 5.2-5.7
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? 340
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? 1450
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? 65 degrees
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? Slight fall
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?      Slight fall
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? Not yet
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 3-600 watt HPS
14. How close are your lights to the plants? 18 inches
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? 30 square feet
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 65-80  degrees with 30-50% RH
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? none yet
18. How much experience do you have growing? some outdoor but learning more and more by the day.

Edited by acdc44 (04/20/11 10:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

Re: Salt Buildups????? [Re: acdc44]
    #548926 - 04/20/11 10:12 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

Hard water Flush,Switch from citric acid to humic acid less salts :shrug:

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Salt Buildups????? [Re: xX42oXx]
    #548958 - 04/21/11 06:09 AM (13 years, 2 days ago)

I don't feel like its a salt problems but if so clean your resevoir out really well and start with fresh water and nutes.

To me those plants look hungry with a possible pH problem causing the nutrients to be locked out. Now I could be wrong here, but when and how often do you feed them?

What does your rootball look like? Could have some type of fungal disease, that stem looks a little odd in the last picture looks like possible white mold but again I could be wrong just trying to work it out with ya.

Edit: I looked again and see some signs that it could be salt buildup but your PPM is quite high IMO...Why not bring it to a minimum and see if they recover if a few days...

Again, just throwing some ideas out.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Edited by mhbound (04/21/11 06:38 AM)

Offlineacdc44
Stranger

Re: Salt Buildups????? [Re: mhbound]
    #548968 - 04/21/11 07:24 AM (13 years, 2 days ago)

All these ideas are much appreciated as I am still pretty new to this.  I check my pH, ppm, and resevoir temp religiously.  pH both electronically and chemical solution dripper, so I am pretty sure it is not a pH problem.  As far as being hungry, 3 days ago I topped up my res with a stronger solution so I don't know.  Root balls look fine with lots of roots growing clear back into my res.  Some stems do have a bit of purple color but are still maintaining strength.  What would you reccomend I drop my nutes too?  For my last 2 res flushes I have began using spring water with ppm around 12 so I have been able to mix a stronger solution.  Half my grow is Casey Jones X Sour Diesel and the other half is Durban #12 and both strains have some sickly plants.  I have talked to a few buddies about these problems and they have just laughed and pretty much said that is part of growing, but I wnat to try to fix them if possible.  Like I said before any help is much appreciated!

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Salt Buildups????? [Re: acdc44]
    #548981 - 04/21/11 09:04 AM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Are they flowering yet? Like switched to 12/12?

Looks like it could be too much nitrogen or too many nutrients in general. Also see something that looks like a zinc deficiency or Mg, are you using any micro nutrients?

Or which nutrients specifically are you using?

I would feed quarter strength nutes or flush with quarter strength nutes for the next few days and let them recover.

The red stems can be a genetic trait on many strains but yours don't appear to be strain related...It seems to be a phosphorous problem.

Flush with nothing but the minimal nutes for 1 week, and work your way back up to the strength nutes you desire.

It looks like you have too much nitrogen which in turn will lock out P which is what the purple stems are from.

Now, again like I said last post I'm guessing without being there its hard for me to give a great guess but this is what I would do.

Looked again the curling leaves at the top and burning of the tips of the leaves are a give away I feel for sure you should flush with nothing but water(pH balanced with light nutes like bare minimum just give them enough to have around if they need) and then continue back on.

I am not a huge hydro grower though I do grow with soilless quite a bit which is basically the same thing. I hope that helps some.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: Salt Buildups????? [Re: mhbound]
    #549539 - 04/22/11 10:36 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

I would flush.  It looks like a nute lock out due to possible overfeeding and salt build up.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies