Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

New Strain in development (Final Fantasy - Tent, DWC, CFL)
    #545367 - 04/11/11 05:42 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Some of you may recall my 'final fantasy' (Mako Haze x LSD) strain thread.  I've finally started it's grow.  As of right now, I've got 3 Femmed LSD plants inside of a mylar tent.  They are being fed hydroponically by a DWC system under a 125w CFL bulb.  I was fairly careless during their first month of growth and did not change the resevoir, nor did I add any nutrients.  As a result, their growth is severely stunted.  I think I may also be experiencing a PH problem as their leaf sets are very splotchy and yellow.  I just changed their water for the first time a couple days ago and added 1/2 strength of technaflora's starter kit dose.  They've picked up pretty well since then; I can tell because they've filled the room with rich cannabis scent.

I'm going to take some clones from two of the ladies when they are big enough and leave the third as a mother.  I've got a larger tent beside my smaller tent in which I will be flowering my plants.  My cloner is also full of other sprouts of which I hope to flower with my LSD ladies.  I just am unsure if I will be able to prevent them from being pollinated; especially since I may be using CS to initiate male parts in my Mako Haze plants.  My mako haze plants are in a small PC case - soil.  They're pretty big and lush though, so I think they should do just fine.  There are two of them.

As of right now, it's merely a waiting and working game.  If anyone has any tips on how to pollinate my LSD ladies without pollinating any of my other plants; I'd love to hear it.  Also, if I use CS to hermy my Mako Haze plants (which I will only do if they are both female), how can I make sure I don't collect any CS from their pollen sacs before pollinating my LSD plants as I've read that smoking CS is exteremly harmful.

LSD Plants in Buckets:

Mako Haze Plants in PC case:

Cloner with seedlings and one male clone from bagseed:

Tomatoes (currently in large tent as a test run):

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
Re: New Strain in development (Final Fantasy - Tent, DWC, CFL) [Re: alienscience]
    #545437 - 04/11/11 08:08 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Usually when people are developing an entirely new strain it takes a lot more plants in order to stablize the genetics otherwise it's more like an F1 hybrid. You will need to sprout at least 10 of the seeds you get from these plants in order to select for good phenotypes and even then that is a very low number of plants to be working with.
Just my two cents. But F1 hybrids are usually amazing.
It's the F2 that can start getting some weird phenotypes and if you don't select for the good ones the next generation can turn out shittier than the first two. Also to truly breed you should be using a male plant that was actually male to begin with. The only exception would be to make feminized seeds by turning a female into a male plant or make it have a few male flowers. But that adds even more work in selecting out the tendency to turn into a hermaphrodite plant with certain strains. These are all just things I thought of but I don't know too much about breeding so don't take my word for it.

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order