Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChasawah
Stranger
Half attempt working out well, need some help. (pics)
    #544020 - 04/07/11 08:34 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

First time grower, wasn't really trying to grow them just put them in a tiny flower pot (2 inches) and transferred them to 3 gallon buckets recently with miracle grow. I think they are right about 3 weeks old... maybe 4... some of you might be able to tell me.

My first question is what to expect? I chose a small bucket for them because I dont want them to get too big. I dont know the strain i just found some seeds in my exgf's buds she brought over....

My second question is when/how do I trim/prune? Some of the bottom leaves arent getting as much light as they were.

My 3rd question is about my lights... they obviously seem to work... but they are 6500k "60" watt CFL's. Good enough?

I dont really plan on spending anymore money on them as far as the setup.. might drop the 25 for a 3 foot florescent need to know what kind of tube to put in one if i got it.

Oh, and how to tell male/female.

Well here they are....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekln
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Half attempt working out well, need some help. (pics) [Re: Chasawah]
    #544023 - 04/07/11 08:49 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

1. Well they can be both male or female, or one of each if they're bagseed.(too soon to tell, it will be visible after 2 weeks of 12/12 for sure)

2. Don't worry about pruning now, your plants should be given a few more weeks to grow, if you just wanna top them, then i guess you could do it not b4 than 1 week from now

3. 6500K is the right spectrum for veg, yes, later on flowering you should add more lights in the 2600-3400K range

add more lights as soon as you change the light period to 12/12

good luck

OfflineChasawah
Stranger
Re: Half attempt working out well, need some help. (pics) [Re: kln]
    #544037 - 04/07/11 09:10 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

If they got 12/12 now would i force the small plants to flower? Or is there a biological trigger as well?

And what exactly is topping? Like I said I know nothing about doing this. I read a few pages on "getting started" and "growing for newbs" but they all gave the lingo like "Your going to want to top your plant" but never said what topping was or how to do it.

And if I want to keep them small do I "top" instead of cut off lower leaves? ( i assume topping is clipping off the top growth)

Offlinekln
Stranger
 User Gallery

#544068 - 04/07/11 10:46 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

yes, they would start flowering.Depends on the strain, autoflowering strains dont need a change in light period so start flowering

here you go, http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/239258
You can always buy a good book so you can know the basics

Yeah, if you cut off the lower leaves it will give the plant a appearence of lollypop, if you want them with low height you gotta use the technics mentioned in that link

OfflineChasawah
Stranger
Re: Half attempt working out well, need some help. (pics) [Re: kln]
    #544087 - 04/07/11 11:24 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Cool, I found that link after i posted and have been reading ever sense... Im gonna bend and curve the smaller one and probably fim the bigger one

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #544602 - 04/08/11 09:46 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Like I said I know nothing about doing this. I read a few pages on "getting started" and "growing for newbs" but they all gave the lingo like "Your going to want to top your plant" but never said what topping was or how to do it.

Quote:

You can always buy a good book so you can know the basics

Buy a book and read it, then read it again, and again, and again...  That's how you learn.  Use this sites search function.  There is a shit ton of useful knowledge on this site.  Not many people are going to waste their time answering your questions, if your not investing any time into learning yourself.  Sorry if I sound like a dick, that's totally not my intention.

That being said.  I wish you the best, so grow grow grow! :smile:

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck