Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLike-a-cookie
Stranger
 User Gallery
First Grow Attempt - LED
    #488077 - 10/14/10 08:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Okay so this is my first attempt at growing. I have limited supplies and funds. A few seeds, a discreet place, and an interesting opportunity to use some LEDs.

So I started this grow just to get a good foot hold into the process before I invest money for anything extensive.

~ Day 1: 10/9/2010
2 mauai wowie seeds germinated and planted into 2 - 5.2 in plastic pots. Set under 4 - 4 watt Blue LED bulbs
~ Day 3: 10/11/2010
1 Blackberry Kush germinated and planted in a plastic cup.
2 - 4 watt Blue LED and 1 - 10 watt Red LED added to the set up.
~ Day 5: 10/13/2010
Both of the mauai wowie plants produced its first set of leaves yesterday.
Kind of a shotty setup but with the materials at hand and the space provided it's what I have for now, the plants seem happy. Temperature is stays from 72 at night and reaches 82 tops during peak hours of the day. Generally sits around 78 - 80.
~Day 6: 10/14/2010
BBK #1 was popping out the soil last night and by this morning it was half the size of all the others.
It was a good morning, BBK #2 germed today along with 2 Northern Lights seeds.

Alright so I do have questions. Red light during veg, is it needed? I think I could get a hold of a daylight white LED bulb to replace it, or maybe another blue one but I wasn't sure if it should be in there or not. And more questions when I remember what else I need to ask.

Pictures will be up soonish, not really much to look at right now.

Edited by Like-a-cookie (10/15/10 10:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLike-a-cookie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: First Grow Attempt - LED [Re: Like-a-cookie]
    #488408 - 10/16/10 11:32 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Oooookay so I woke up thise morning at about 6 am, the lights had been on for about an hour and I can see light pouring out of the cracks of the door. This is supposed to be a secret, my girlfriend could wake up and see that shit anytime during the first few hours of the morning. My room stays pretty dark and the light from the LED doesnt get overwhelmed until about 7:30 am. Kind of annoying, I was pretty sure I had this issue nailed but hadnt woken up that early until today.

On another note, MW #2 started pushing out its second node early yesetrday and has been developing nicely. MW #1 is bigger than any of the others, BBK #1 is chugging along but really seems to be slow growing. BBK #2 popped out of the soil this morning, imagine it will have a nice set of leaves by the time I get off work. NL #1 and #2 are still beneath the soil.

Its time to start researching PH meters, pH up and down, and new soil now that I have a little cash to use. Any suggestions for googling topics?

OfflineSmokey the Bear
Very Smokey
 User Gallery

#489247 - 10/18/10 07:46 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Stay away from soil probe meters and go for the digital pens. Household PH up/down is I believe baking soda and white vinegar respectively or just buy PH up and down.

for vegging I always thought you should go as blue as possible in the color. Some people mix red and blue to get both spectrum in there but do a higher ratio of blue for vegging so the red doesn't overpower (use red as filler). I think most just go for the most blue though

--------------------
:awegroove:
Critical/White Rhino

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#489249 - 10/18/10 07:50 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Dude, your girlfriend stays with you, and you're growing weed in the house.. And you actually expect to keep it a secret? Good luck with that..

Also, this should have been posted in "Grow Journals".

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineLike-a-cookie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: First Grow Attempt - LED [Re: DieselB]
    #489419 - 10/19/10 08:55 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Not really a journal, that just what I have been keeping for myself to show were I was without having to retype everything.

My GF doesnt stay with me, just sleeps over occasionally. I got the issues taken care of. The grow is completely discreet now. I got all of the light leeks that I could find around the main entry to the room.

I did not know vinegar and baking soda worked as ph up/down, anyone else want to comment on that?

Okay so new updates/questions. It has been 10 days, and all growth besides in the northern lights has halted. I raised the lights to about 1ft above my plants on Oct 18th, as I heard that is optimal for the LEDs I have. I am now using 7 - 4watt LED bulbs, and I am going to get 2 more in there after my schedule frees up this week.

So BBK2, its looking retarded. Since it has popped out the soil it has had 2 tiny shriveled leaves. The leaves rarely increase in size (probably 1 cm each?), and they just look like 2 strips of cooking bacon.

I also made the unfortunate mistake of using miracle grow and I have now have money to get these babys out of that crap and into some proper soil/mix. How soon can I or how soon do I want to transplant? Only 1 plant has pushed out its second node and 4 others just started pushing theres out(including both NL I think).

I will try to get a picture of them and specifically the deformation on BBK2 (I think it might be bugs, I found some little white things crawling around in the soil). All I have is my camera phone and using it to take pictures sketches me out

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds