Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #539623 - 03/24/11 03:48 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

I almost bought the Harvard Psychedelic Club book, but instead bought The Acid Diaries by Christopher Gray.
I believe psychedelics have and can open a door in our mind that leads to deeper understanding physics, philosophy, art, music, and life. 

Kesey was on mescaline when he wrote the first three pages of Cuckoo's Nest and through all the re-edits and revisions all the people made those three pages went never changed. But he did say LSD had the greatest influence on that book.

Crick was on LSD when he realized that DNA had a double helix structure.

Kary Mullis:
Quote:

Mullis details his experiences synthesizing and testing various psychedelic amphetamines and a difficult trip on DET in his autobiography. In a Q&A interview published in the September, 1994, issue of California Monthly, Mullis said, "Back in the 1960s and early '70s I took plenty of LSD. A lot of people were doing that in Berkeley back then. And I found it to be a mind-opening experience. It was certainly much more important than any courses I ever took."[26] During a symposium held for centenarian Albert Hofmann, "Hofmann revealed that he was told by Nobel-prize-winning chemist Kary Mullis that LSD had helped him develop the polymerase chain reaction that helps amplify specific DNA sequences."[27] Replying to his own postulate during an interview for BBC's Psychedelic Science documentary, "What if I had not taken LSD ever; would I have still invented PCR?" He replied, "I don't know. I doubt it. I seriously doubt it."[28]

He also said:
Quote:

"I could sit on a DNA molecule and watch the polymers go by. I learnt that partly on psychedelic drugs."

Another great example is the LSD taking Burning Man Attendee: Antony Garrett Lisi
He is the man who is responsible for the Exceptionally Simple Theory of Everything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Exceptionally_Simple_Theory_of_Everything

I am going to break here and add some more in another post soon.
:awehigh:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: FRACTALife]
    #541406 - 03/29/11 07:11 PM (13 years, 21 days ago)

Furrowed, where art thou?

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: FRACTALife]
    #541414 - 03/29/11 07:36 PM (13 years, 21 days ago)

fuck man i got like 5 serious projects im doing now.  the latest thing is writing a childrens book with a friend/illustrator of mine.  but im really just reading at this point.  This is going to be a long long project.  Like i said at first its just going to start out with me collecting a bunch of information.  The Harvard Psychedelic club has been real good thus far.  im not much of a leary fan.  he kinda fucked it all up and really didnt give a fuck.  plus he was full of shit with everything he said.  and even he has admitted that.  :lol:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #541416 - 03/29/11 07:38 PM (13 years, 21 days ago)

I also bought another book last week.  It's called Acid Dreams.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
    #541417 - 03/29/11 07:46 PM (13 years, 21 days ago)

I think uh the only technology that drugs made were Jimi Hendrix fingers... other then that people who smoke and do drugs our usually a little bit lazier then are president. No shame in our game though we do what we love.

--------------------
When answering a question I ask, feel free to elaborate, feel free to direct me to other threads and or internet resources. I WANT to hear good information, try to make it so I don't have to answer anymore questions. I've read a lot if I ask a question it's because I want to here more.

Edited by juslikejesus (03/29/11 07:46 PM)

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: juslikejesus]
    #541424 - 03/29/11 08:07 PM (13 years, 21 days ago)

and what the fuck does that have to do with the topic?

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: juslikejesus]
    #541540 - 03/30/11 12:51 AM (13 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

juslikejesus said:
I think uh the only technology that drugs made were Jimi Hendrix fingers... other then that people who smoke and do drugs our usually a little bit lazier then are president. No shame in our game though we do what we love.

Other way around.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: THEBats]
    #542422 - 04/02/11 10:46 AM (13 years, 17 days ago)

I'm only about 30 pages into this book, Acid Dreams.  It's really cool thus far.  Lots of information about the very first wave of research done in the western hemisphere with LSD.  most of which, not surprisingly, was funded by the cia.  I will hold off on recommending it until i am done with it though.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #542468 - 04/02/11 12:36 PM (13 years, 17 days ago)

I only have a few pages left in Acid Diaries, you have to read it. It's amazing.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#542498 - 04/02/11 02:04 PM (13 years, 17 days ago)

how would you describe that one?

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #542504 - 04/02/11 02:27 PM (13 years, 17 days ago)

A political, philosophical, spiritual book on the history, benefit, and use of LSD and Christopher Gray's weekly experiments with the drug in his 60's.
The book answers your OP quite well.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom