Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFunkyBlunts
Mr Nice
 User Gallery

Outdoor guerrilla cultivation techniques
    #540880 - 03/28/11 01:47 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Is it best to start the seed sprouting inside and then plant it outside once it has sprouted a shoot?

Or is it better to just stick the seed in the soil and water it?

Should I protect the baby plant in some way?  I was thinking maybe cut a plastic bottle and put it over the small plant to stop anything eating it.

We have a cold climate here but have found a nice hardy alaskan 100% indica strain that can take the cold and finishes early.

Any other tips for making grows successful outside?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe man

Re: Outdoor guerrilla cultivation techniques [Re: FunkyBlunts]
    #540962 - 03/28/11 12:14 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

yea its def best to start inside and get them as big as possible. but if you cant, then you can take your chances starting outdoors. depends on your circumstances

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#540963 - 03/28/11 12:17 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

using lots of peat moss cuts back on watering ,and its better if you carefully introduce your plants to the outdoors,and i would,t transplant them until there 12'' tall and well established

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

OfflineCanaman
GreenThumb GreenHorn

Loc: N 5steps, S 5steps, Spin ...
Re: Outdoor guerrilla cultivation techniques [Re: dmtcorey]
    #540967 - 03/28/11 12:26 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

start them inside for amonth or so, take as many cuttings as possible, put em all outside including mothers, if u dont plan on growing inside

--------------------

Canaman's Tutorials

ISO Green Oil
Gumby Hash

OfflineDutch Runner
hey now

Re: Outdoor guerrilla cultivation techniques [Re: Canaman]
    #540976 - 03/28/11 01:14 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

yes start them inside for a few weeks, on 18/6 or 16/8 if your worried about them flowering. alternatively, just wait until they pop up, then put them out in a cold frame or something

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Outdoor guerrilla cultivation techniques [Re: Dutch Runner]
    #541142 - 03/28/11 08:37 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Like others have said start them inside and move them out if you have that option. Has worked out well for me anyway.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineFunkyBlunts
Mr Nice
 User Gallery

Re: Outdoor guerrilla cultivation techniques [Re: Magash]
    #541189 - 03/29/11 02:53 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Dam nigga!

:rave:

Offlinechowdan
Stranger
 User Gallery

#541208 - 03/29/11 08:07 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I've done both. I wanted to see what the difference was. Didn't have a good rate of success because of the cold weather(i live in washington). Seems they enjoy the heat more so than the cold. i have started some inside and it is way better. They loved my room warm as shit and enjoyed the light. They all have been moved outside on my deck(two weeks later) and are going to move to the grow spot probably thursday or friday

HIGHLYsuggest keeping them indoors for a few weeks then move them outside.

--------------------
I am a legal patient in Washington. Everything i do and say on here is for personal gain.

- We live in a free country as long as you can follow the governments laws...-

Offlineimpgl

#541273 - 03/29/11 01:37 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'm new to my area and I've always started mine indoors and moved them out, but everyone out here starts their seeds outside in a greenhouse. they tell me that if plants start inside, they'll start flowering once they're set outside. everyone out here has 3 -7 lb plants so ima just do what everyone does :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Outdoor guerrilla cultivation techniques [Re: impgl]
    #541277 - 03/29/11 02:10 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I would have to say indoor starts are easier to produce then outdoor. But if you can get them started right in the ground, I find the plant to be much hardier and seems to get bigger. I think this has to do with not having to transplant. There is no delays or stunted growth. I live in an area where it is hot all year so it is a little more feasible. However, I rarely do it that way. I usually get my starts going indoors and then transplant into my outdoor gardens.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Outdoor guerrilla cultivation techniques [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #541315 - 03/29/11 03:40 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

IME....The plants will  respond much better to training while inside in a controlled environment under 24 hrs of light. It would be a good idea to get your girls as bushy as possible before they go out. They really go nuts when they have that xtra boost. (Though you can have just as goodah luck without doing any of this)

Establish some mothers and take some cuttings. I flowered my mothers outdside last yr. Remember which clones came from each mother.  If you find one with some good phenos just take a cutting before flowering begins.  Good luck to you!

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #541589 - 03/30/11 08:27 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

impgl said:
I'm new to my area and I've always started mine indoors and moved them out, but everyone out here starts their seeds outside in a greenhouse. they tell me that if plants start inside, they'll start flowering once they're set outside. everyone out here has 3 -7 lb plants so ima just do what everyone does :shrug:

Flowering has to do with light not where they were started and the 3 to 7 lb plants have to do with the genetics so if you don't have the exact same genetics as them don't expect the same results. :shrug:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlineimpgl

Re: Outdoor guerrilla cultivation techniques [Re: Magash]
    #541617 - 03/30/11 09:37 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I've asked countless people this and they tell me that seedlings are immature when they pop outside and they get acclimated to the fact that its spring (a reason no one out here uses clones in their long term full sun outdoor). I think a lot of people out here are retarded (humboldt), but I find gems of people that make sense. Everyone seems to be about sprouting seeds outside when the weathers good. I have to listen to people that've been doing this for 30+ years in this area

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#541662 - 03/30/11 12:46 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

there is something to be said about hardying up the plants before you put them outside. rapid shift in temp and wind can shock or kill young seedlings. most people slowly introduce there seedlings outside esp for home gardening purposes.

magash I think he meant the change in light from inside 24 to 15 outside will trigger flowering. depends on season and where you live i guess.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Outdoor guerrilla cultivation techniques [Re: the man]
    #541693 - 03/30/11 01:34 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Ahhhhh......I got ya now. I didn't realize they had a 15hr light period where you were at.

I stand corrected cause that will cause flowering. :tongue::crazy2::wink:

--------------------

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #541822 - 03/30/11 10:59 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

impgl said:
I've asked countless people this and they tell me that seedlings are immature when they pop outside and they get acclimated to the fact that its spring (a reason no one out here uses clones in their long term full sun outdoor). I think a lot of people out here are retarded (humboldt), but I find gems of people that make sense. Everyone seems to be about sprouting seeds outside when the weathers good. I have to listen to people that've been doing this for 30+ years in this area

What he said.

+ I don't feel comfortable transporting clones the distance I travel for my guerrilla grows.

The down side to starting outdoors with seeds is that they need to be sheltered from high winds and heavy rain.  Whereas if you had an established month old plant (that has been exposed to outdoor conditions) you don't need to shelter or care for it as much. 

I would not recommend placing a plastic bottle over your baby plant for an extended time unless it is cold.  Instead I would recommend covering the plant with chicken wire during the first 2 months to prevent animals from eating or damaging the plant. btw (I camouflage the chicken wire to prevent reflection)

--------------------
x:tongue:

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: Outdoor guerrilla cultivation techniques [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #541824 - 03/30/11 11:15 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

mini green house stashed has worked for me in the past ,watch out for the slugs though~

--------------------

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
Re: Outdoor guerrilla cultivation techniques [Re: dmtcorey]
    #541869 - 03/31/11 09:44 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Slugs can be prevented by making a thick circle of Dolomite lime around the base of your plant(s).

--------------------
x:tongue:

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#541872 - 03/31/11 10:09 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MushrooMan420 said:
Slugs can be prevented by making a thick circle of Dolomite lime around the base of your plant(s).

that a good tip ,since i lost over haft of my plants last season,just being lazy~

--------------------

Offlineimpgl

#542907 - 04/03/11 09:16 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Won't the lime be watered away?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder