Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution
    #539002 - 03/22/11 06:37 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

I'm starting a new research project.  First, I would like as many sources of information as possible regarding any aspect of this topic.  The REAL gold nuggets here are things like someone admitting that they were either under the influence of or that prior psychedelic experiences aided in the discovery of something new or worthwhile.  As an example Doc Ellis claiming he was under the influence of LSD when he threw a no hitter, crick crediting DNA to his lsd experiences, kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest being written under the influence of LSD, Albert Hofmann's letter to Steve Jobs about his use of LSD, etc.  There are so many examples of this.  Too many people have had incredible realizations under the influence of psychedelics it's a damn shame they can't step up and credit these remarkable drugs.  Who knows, maybe Phelps was under the influence of LSD the day he won all those medals.  I wish people would come out of the psychedelic closet in this regard.  Imagine, how the world perception of these drugs could change.  I'm sure that the work im thinking about doing has already been done.  I just need to find out where it's at.  I'm looking at this as simply an educational pursuit at this point.  I would LOVE anyone's help.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #539005 - 03/22/11 06:44 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

I remember seeing a documentary on maybe discovery. Anyway they had set up a controlled environment where they dosed engineers and scientist and they went into their trips with the worlds problems in mind. I think they had at least 100 patents, more I think, in a short time. I don't know much more info than that, but if it was on discovery it must be pretty easy to find information on.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #539006 - 03/22/11 07:02 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

PSYCHEDELICS, The Uses and Implications of Hallucinogenic Drugs
        edited by Bernard Aaronson and Humphry Osmond, Doubleday & Company 1970.
        Copyright Aaronson and Osmond.

Psychedelic Drugs Reconsidered

The Storming of the Mind, McClelland and Stewart Ltd., ©Robert Hunter 1971.

The Mushrooms of Language
    Henry Munn
        from: Hallucinogens and Shamanism, Michael J. Harner, ed.,
        ©1973, Oxford University Press

Drugs, Rituals and Altered States of Consciousness, Brian M. DuToit, editor. ©1977

Culture and the Individual
    Aldous Huxley
        ©1963 Aldous Huxley, originally appeared in Playboy magazine.
http://www.psychedelic-library.org/huxcultr.htm

The Epilog of The Devils of Loudun
        ©1952 by Aldous Huxley, published 1953 by Harper and Brothers, New York
This looks to be really interesting. 
http://www.psychedelic-library.org/loudun.htm

Utopiates: The Use and Users of LSD-25, American Anthropologist, 67 (1965), 596.

http://www.psychedelic-library.org/

I got all those resources from that psychedelic libraries website above.  Pretty neat place.

What the Dormouse Said:  How the Sixties Counterculture Shaped the Personal Computer Industry by John Markoff

Counterculture Kaleidoscope: Musical and Cultural Perspectives on Late Sixties San Francisco by Nadya Zimmerman

The Natural Mind:  A New Way of Looking at Drugs and Higher Consciousness
by Andrew Weil

The Varieties of Religious Experience by William James
hmmmm, mind altering drugs.  alcohol and nitrous oxide.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: DungenessDank]
    #539007 - 03/22/11 07:06 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
I remember seeing a documentary on maybe discovery. Anyway they had set up a controlled environment where they dosed engineers and scientist and they went into their trips with the worlds problems in mind. I think they had at least 100 patents, more I think, in a short time. I don't know much more info than that, but if it was on discovery it must be pretty easy to find information on.

Ha!  FUnny you should mention that.  I met the guy who was in charge of those studies at the psychedelic conference I attended last year.  It was Jim Fadiman.  In fact, he gave a presentation about that.  He had all of us (probably at least a hundred people) complete surveys about their drug use and their beliefs on psychedelics.  It was a neat thing to participate in since it was really a HUGE gathering of people with similar mindsets to mine on psychedelics.  Anyway, he talked about doing micro-dose sessions of lsd.  I think he was talking about the 25-50 ug range doses.  The subjects were engineering teams that had been struggling with problems and were instructed (as I recall) to work on them in the AM then dose at noon and chill out for a bit, then regroup in their teams to work on teh problems again.  I think he reported some great results.  I need to go dig through all the hand outs they gave us during that one.  OOOOHHHHH!!  shit, maybe i can even find that presentation for you.  it was one of the best ones i went to.  that guy is fucking awesome!

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#539008 - 03/22/11 07:06 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#539012 - 03/22/11 07:25 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Awesome man :awehigh:

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
    #539020 - 03/22/11 08:58 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Posting so I remember to contribute later.
Great thread.
:super:

--------------------

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē

Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: FRACTALife] * 1
    #539064 - 03/22/11 11:08 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Wat about that dude who created the Polymerase chain reaction while under the influence of lsd?

OfflineBigBudz
USA Mind Controls You!
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
    #539103 - 03/23/11 01:39 AM (13 years, 10 days ago)

I've had plenty of great experiences on LSD and Mushrooms that have helped me come to an better understanding of reality. Ironically, cocaine and crystal meth psychosis are where I have my best experiences and learn the most. Even though the come down takes mastery to not be negative.

--------------------
Art Music Music 2 Music 3

You are most likely being mind controlled if you live in the USA. The technology was discovered back in the late 1980's. You can easily see weird towers on government buildings...
http://www.cheniere.org/misc/sparkoflife.htm#mindcontrol

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: BigBudz]
    #539127 - 03/23/11 02:54 AM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

BigBudz said:
I've had plenty of great experiences on LSD and Mushrooms that have helped me come to an better understanding of reality.

:lmafo:

--------------------

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: BigBudz]
    #539142 - 03/23/11 06:10 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

BigBudz said:
cocaine and crystal meth psychosis are where I have my best experiences and learn the most.

That explains a lot.

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#539160 - 03/23/11 08:30 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

I'm sick of this fucking faggot mucking up every thread with his retardation.
Quote:

BigBudz said:
I've had plenty of great experiences on LSD and Mushrooms that have helped me come to an better understanding of reality. Ironically, cocaine and crystal meth psychosis are where I have my best experiences and learn the most. Even though the come down takes mastery to not be negative.

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: harri]
    #539176 - 03/23/11 09:12 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

harri said:
Wat about that dude who created the Polymerase chain reaction while under the influence of lsd?

Kary Mullis
:themoreyouknow:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: FRACTALife]
    #539239 - 03/23/11 01:40 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:
Quote:

harri said:

Kary Mullis
:themoreyouknow:

THANKS!!!!  I was listening to that video i posted above and they mentioned Crick and Mullis.  I did a search on the name they said but couldn't find him/her.  That's the name i was looking for though.  I didnt know about that person and will research it later today.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineBeekEr
HandBanana
 User Gallery

Loc: canada Flag
Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #539297 - 03/23/11 04:26 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
Quote:

BigBudz said:
I've had plenty of great experiences on LSD and Mushrooms that have helped me come to an better understanding of reality.

:lmafo:

--------------------

OfflineBeekEr
HandBanana
 User Gallery

Loc: canada Flag
Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: BeekEr]
    #539316 - 03/23/11 05:20 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Awesome!

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: The depths of Influence Psychedelic drugs have had on Human and Technological Evolution [Re: BeekEr]
    #539344 - 03/23/11 06:36 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

I got the Harvard Psychedelic Club today.  Has anyone read this?  One of my real questions is if I can get to any sort of opinion based on fact on whether or not leary had a positive influence on the world.  It's difficult for me to say now.  On one hand he fucked up the legitimacy of all research into psychedelics for 40-50 years after he left harvard, but on the other hand he turned on SOOOOOOOO many people to psychedelics.  I dont know if i will ever be able to come to a conclusion on that but it'll be fun trying.  This is a book ive been wanting to read for a while now.  can't wait.  Should be done with it by saturday.

Also, in this thread, don't post unless you have something legitimate to add to this project.  thx! 
Also, in this thread, don't post unless you have something legitimate to add to this project.  thx! 

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineBigBudz
USA Mind Controls You!
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
    #539458 - 03/24/11 12:10 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Don't believe me, here is factual evidence as you request.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kary_Mullis
http://www.mayanmajix.com/art1699.html
http://digg.com/news/offbeat/Nobel_Prize_winner_advocates_LSD

Or http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=lsd+nobel+prize&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

If I were you, I'd develop the analytical thought process instead of the impulsive decision process, those whom insulted me. Ignorance is bliiss, hence why so many people hate me + if you are in the USA most likely you are being mind controlled as well. I can't prove it, yet. Unfortunately you will have to discover the sad reality yourselves.

--------------------
Art Music Music 2 Music 3

You are most likely being mind controlled if you live in the USA. The technology was discovered back in the late 1980's. You can easily see weird towers on government buildings...
http://www.cheniere.org/misc/sparkoflife.htm#mindcontrol

Edited by BigBudz (03/24/11 01:03 AM)

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#539529 - 03/24/11 06:31 AM (13 years, 8 days ago)

I'm pretty sure fractal was the one he was talking to about Kary Mullis.

Fuck off god, srsly.

^That is actually my globalist secular asshole brainwashing speaking.

Edited by DungenessDank (03/24/11 06:33 AM)

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#539589 - 03/24/11 01:28 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

BigBudz said:
Don't believe me, here is factual evidence as you request.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kary_Mullis
http://www.mayanmajix.com/art1699.html
http://digg.com/news/offbeat/Nobel_Prize_winner_advocates_LSD

Or http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=lsd+nobel+prize&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

If I were you, I'd develop the analytical thought process instead of the impulsive decision process, those whom insulted me. Ignorance is bliiss, hence why so many people hate me + if you are in the USA most likely you are being mind controlled as well. I can't prove it, yet. Unfortunately you will have to discover the sad reality yourselves.

Why is it that every post you make, regardless of the forum, is about you?  (rhetorical question, don't reply to it!)  No one cares about how you think you are better than everyone else.  You have a lot to learn, as we all do.  I've pretty much gathered all that information above.  Please post some books or some articles and get over yourself.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom