Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

air force
    #538543 - 03/20/11 11:31 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

So lately, i have been wondering what i want to do with my life. Something that has turned up is joining the air force. Does anyone have any information on this? personal experience is what i'm looking for, because i'm new to this thing. I've always been the sort of against the military type, but this seems like a good choice. Any help is appreciated.
I'm looking at these to opportunities, but am open to anything because i haven't explored enough.

pararescue apprentice

fire protection apprentice

i don't know if its important but i am almost 19 and fresh out of highschool.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: air force [Re: iStoner]
    #538554 - 03/20/11 11:36 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

My ex is on the navy. They take real good care of her. Good pay, pay for college, once she got e4 she got like 900$ housing allowance, and she gets like 300 food allowance. You get to see some cool places, stay in pretty good shape and whatever.

You have to sacrifice a normal life. Relationships are hard cuz everyone moves so much. You lose personal freedom in what you are able to put in to your body. Better stay safe cuz an honorable discharge is nasty.

Its a good life for some. You won't have financial struggles or anything. But you lose a lot too. Think long n hard about it.

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: air force [Re: still beLIEve]
    #538559 - 03/20/11 11:44 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

still beLIEve said:
Think long n hard about it.

i definitely will. I have a lot of thinking to do about this

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: air force [Re: iStoner]
    #538579 - 03/21/11 12:17 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
Quote:

still beLIEve said:
Think long n hard about it.

i definitely will. I have a lot of thinking to do about this

Take all the time you need bro.  Don't wanna make the wrong decision here.  Put a lot of thought into it.  And if you do decide to join, do whatever  you can NOT to get a dishonorable discharge.  That can fuck up things for you in the future pretty bad.  SB pretty much hit it right on the head with everything he said.  You gain a lot and lose a lot.  Depends on what you're willing to compromise.

i'm kind of in the same boat right now.  i can't join the military, so that's out of the question or i already would've joined the air force probably.  i'm either gonna keep playing poker as i'm making enough to live off of comfortably and am working my way up in stakes so i should be making more later on or try to find a decent job that doesn't make me hate my life.  My biggest fear is going to work everyday to make someone else rich and in the process hating my life everyday I wake up to go to work.  I see my dad and other people just hating their job and going to it everyday of their lives it seems and just not really happy, you know?  I mean most have families to take care of and whatnot so that's cool they're taking care of responsibilities and all, but I'm not a parent or married so I still have some options at least.  I dunno, shit's confusing sometimes.

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: air force [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #538582 - 03/21/11 12:29 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I am the first male out of 4 generations not enlisting.

I can tell you this. If any branch of the military treats its men the best its the Air Force and the second is the Navy. I was about to join the Marines(if I could sign at the time I would have), my Dad was air force guy for 16 years active and my brother has been in for at least 8 active and both advised against it.

All I have to say is think about 8 years of your life and how long it is, how much you can do. 8 years is a long time and that is the minimum time you will get. 4 years active 4 years reserve. You will be moved around constantly, stationed wherever they want you to be. You have no personal freedom.

Think long and hard man. I did. I didn't smoke for a month, was about to sign everything away. I went to a rave popped some pills came home smoked a blunt and realized that I was about to throw my life away and become a meat puppet. I will go if I get drafted but until then I don't see any need.

Quote:

still beLIEve
Better stay safe cuz an honorable discharge is nasty.

You mean a dishonorable discharge, a BCD or a OTH discharge

Honorable discharge is not a bad thing.

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: air force [Re: Dephect]
    #538644 - 03/21/11 07:23 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Ya that's what I meant.

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: air force [Re: still beLIEve]
    #538646 - 03/21/11 07:41 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I had a buddy who joined the navy, got himself discharged for smoking marijuana. :nonono:

Jump to top Pages: 1