Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

The things people believe in....
    #538213 - 03/19/11 05:41 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

It BLOWS my fucking mind.. How much nonsense people can really make themselves believe.. There are MILLIONS of people who's lives revolve around ridiculous beliefs that make NO kind of sense.. I mean, even with religions aside.. There's still a pretty decent amount of people that believe the world is flat.. Are you fucking kidding me!?!? :awewtf:

I'll never understand how people can just believe a lot of the things they believe in.... I still have SOME hope in humanity, but how long will it take for things to change, if we still have a large number of people that believe the WORLD IS FLAT FOR FUCK'S SAKE!? :zomgwtf:

How are we supposed to evolve as a species if the majority of people's beliefs revolve around things that aren't backed with evidence and don't make logical sense......?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleiwasaClown
Imagining.
Male

Re: The things people believe in.... [Re: Cage]
    #538218 - 03/19/11 05:49 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

There was this one thread about some dude that didn't believe in the dinosaurs.
That God placed their fossils here to test our faith.:lol:

--------------------
"...And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual."

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: The things people believe in.... [Re: iwasaClown]
    #538223 - 03/19/11 06:14 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Just now my buddy came over and I had to talk him down from his freak out about some geologist he saw on "Faux News" predicting a massive earthquake in California.

I showed him how the guy might as well be Negrodamaus when it comes to earthquake predictions.

It's just part of the networks ongoing campaign against science.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: The things people believe in.... [Re: DungenessDank] * 1
    #538253 - 03/19/11 08:00 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineShroomofdoom
Menace 2 Society
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: The things people believe in.... [Re: Magash]
    #538255 - 03/19/11 08:06 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

I don't really believe in religion, I know that its supposed to be morals for people to live by, but I am just not into any of it. Just seems like a crock of shit, no offense to religious people on this site, but just not my cup of tea. I'm not athiest or anything, I don't believe in any religion, doesn't seem important to me.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: The things people believe in.... [Re: Shroomofdoom]
    #538258 - 03/19/11 08:09 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

It's a bunch of crap made up by one group of people to control another group of people simple as that. :rolleyes:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineJefferson
Space Cowboy
Male

#538265 - 03/19/11 08:35 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Ya wanna know what's weird?  In the bible the most devout christians sacrifice their livestock to god.  Most modern christians think its barbaric and primitive.

I used to feel the way you do then I realized ya gotta take these wackos with a grain of salt.  So long and they aren't harming someone else I just figure its just another thing people use to get through the day.

I saw this youtube video a while back where a tribe ritually buried one of their children alive for the betterment of the tribe.  That's some crazy shit but thankfully a member of the documentary found his humanity and undug the naked crying child.  It was pretty heartbreaking.

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: The things people believe in.... [Re: Jefferson]
    #538266 - 03/19/11 08:40 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

wait till 2012, when people tart killing themselves, or something. :facepalm:

--------------------

OfflineJefferson
Space Cowboy
Male

Re: The things people believe in.... [Re: iStoner]
    #538268 - 03/19/11 08:44 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

No big loss once all those crazy religious fanatics are gone weed gets legalized.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: The things people believe in.... [Re: iStoner]
    #538271 - 03/19/11 08:57 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:

Shit I'm still waiting for Y2K to happen. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #538273 - 03/19/11 09:09 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

iStoner said:

Shit I'm still waiting for Y2K to happen. :wink:

:rofl2:
Me too

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineHakim
Glass half empty
Male

Re: The things people believe in.... [Re: KaptKid]
    #538284 - 03/19/11 10:11 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

People predict disasters Im just worried for when someone eventually makes a lucky guess in the name of religion...

--------------------
Knowledge is Power

A mans got to have a code

OfflineJefferson
Space Cowboy
Male

Re: The things people believe in.... [Re: Hakim]
    #538290 - 03/19/11 10:21 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

They didn't really predict it but they did blame katrina and 9-11 on abortion and gay marriage.

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#538304 - 03/19/11 11:00 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

and also the earthquake in japan was to kill all the atheists. :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleBlueBerry_SwisherS
Heart Slowed

Loc: Raw Headspace Flag
Re: The things people believe in.... [Re: iStoner] * 1
    #538341 - 03/20/11 02:21 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

the crazy judgemental Christians are the ones ruining it for the rest of us. The normal, nature loving, weed smoking, meditating, God fearing ones are the ones that need to multiply, not people beating their kids in the name of God. I'm Christian, and I don't appreciate being grouped in with the crazies.

I have an art class with this girl who is openly Pagan, and she said she is going to "ostara" *sp?* or whatever this weekend, and I asked what it was, she said its the pagan ritual for the original Easter. I then asked her to tell me more about it, instead of burying her in Bible verses and absolute truths. I listened, and did not chastize.
There ARE normal, loving, not crazy Christians out there. You just have to seek them out.

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineJefferson
Space Cowboy
Male

Re: The things people believe in.... [Re: BlueBerry_Swisher]
    #538342 - 03/20/11 02:46 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

A7X said:
the crazy judgemental Christians are the ones ruining it for the rest of us. The normal, nature loving, weed smoking, meditating, God fearing ones are the ones that need to multiply, not people beating their kids in the name of God. I'm Christian, and I don't appreciate being grouped in with the crazies.

I listened, and did not chastize.
There ARE normal, loving, not crazy Christians out there. You just have to seek them out.

A reasonable argument however I rarely find the well meaning live and let live Christians, mostly just the ones who yell back at me to let JAY-ZUS in ma her or I'll burn in hell!

I wouldn't say I have a problem with religion per se just zealots.  People are free to believe whatever they wish.  I hold the rank of Teacup in Pastafarianism.

--------------------

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

#538351 - 03/20/11 04:39 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Yeah.. I'll definitely be getting prepared for 2012.. I won't be preparing for the end of the world though, I'll be preparing to defend against all the people that actually think it's the end of the fucking world.....

It disappoints me more and more every day how few people have sense these days.. That the vast majority of the world is controlled by ignorance, stupidity, and fear.. Rather than rationality or logic..

I feel like I live inside of an overpopulated looney bin.. Because even if you DO come up with some great ideas on how to make the world a better place, the sad truth is, just about everyone around you is batshit crazy...... :tinfoil:

InvisibleBlueBerry_SwisherS
Heart Slowed

Loc: Raw Headspace Flag
Re: The things people believe in.... [Re: Cage]
    #538387 - 03/20/11 11:01 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Cage said:
Yeah.. I'll definitely be getting prepared for 2012.. I won't be preparing for the end of the world though, I'll be preparing to defend against all the people that actually think it's the end of the fucking world.....

It disappoints me more and more every day how few people have sense these days.. That the vast majority of the world is controlled by ignorance, stupidity, and fear.. Rather than rationality or logic..

I feel like I live inside of an overpopulated looney bin.. Because even if you DO come up with some great ideas on how to make the world a better place, the sad truth is, just about everyone around you is batshit crazy...... :tinfoil:

yup. im guarding my canned food with a rifle.

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: The things people believe in.... [Re: BlueBerry_Swisher]
    #538426 - 03/20/11 01:31 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

:rofl:

What was that ritual the Pagan girl was doing?

Quote:

A7X said:

I have an art class with this girl who is openly Pagan, and she said she is going to "ostara" *sp?* or whatever this weekend, and I asked what it was, she said its the pagan ritual for the original Easter. I then asked her to tell me more about it, instead of burying her in Bible verses and absolute truths. I listened, and did not chastize.

QFT

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder